Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 05-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
thesmokeypint

Default La Fin Du Monde: Review

In honor of the end of the world, The Smokey Pint celebrates with a La Fin Du Monde review, Cheers!

http://thesmokeypint.com/2011/05/24/...-monde-review/
Old 05-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
SteveH
You lookin at me ?

First Name: Steve
Trading: (4)
HUpmann
SteveH is on a distinguished road
Default Re: La Fin Du Monde: Review

Unibroue makes delicious stuff. My favorite is either Maudite or Terrible
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

I'm a huge fan of La Fin Du Monde. One of my favorite beers actually.

But I will be honest with you, I'm highly unlikely to to go to another website to read the review itself. Any way you can post it here at CA?

Thanks
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

First of all, welcome to the site! Why don't you post an introduction post in the New Inmates forum?

Also, generally when someone posts a review here, he doesn't make us go to his site to see it. It would be better if you put a synopsis review or the entire review in your post and then posted a link to the site so if we wanted to we could see your other reviews.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
But I will be honest with you, I'm highly unlikely to to go to another website to read the review itself. Any way you can post it here at CA?

Thanks

I enjoy La Fin Du Monde, but Maudite is probably my favorite Unibroue beer.

Last edited by yourchoice; 05-25-2011 at 09:47 AM.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
thesmokeypint

While we appreciate your comments and suggestions, the idea is for you to visit our site and explore all of the content we have to offer regarding craft beer, cigars and even booze.

In the future, we will begin to give at least a taste of the article when posting.

Cheers!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokeypint View Post
While we appreciate your comments and suggestions, the idea is for you to visit our site and explore all of the content we have to offer regarding craft beer, cigars and even booze.

In the future, we will begin to give at least a taste of the article when posting.

Cheers!
While we appreciate your attempt to redirect traffic to your site at our expense, the idea is for you to become an active member of OUR community and contribute your knowledge, insight and passion that we share.

You are welcome to put a link to your blog in your sig line.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

I must concur with Pnoon above. While we understand that everyone is trying to gain some site traffic we don't necessarily appreciate being a billboard for another site. If your sole intent here at our community is just to direct people to your site then feel free to put the link to your blog in your sig line and not create a while new thread with zero information.

Edit - as an aside, the Team of 11 is discussing options to making a change in the rules as we have seen a sharp increase in people signing up on our forum simply to direct traffic to their site with no intention of being a part of our community. No offense against you thesmokeypint, its just becoming more and more prevalent.
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

I concur with the site admins and as an old fart in the prevelance of internet boards, since 1993 to be exact, it has or was considered a rude, distateful, and disrespectful to post in this manner. In fact back in the late 90's when I ran a board I would have banned you, removed your links and closed the thread. Alas what was once so prevelant it needed to be controlled in that matter is back once again. I guess everything old is new again.

It speaks volumes that this sites admins are so cordial and welcoming. As I am not making a snap judgement upon you or your company just commenting on what has been the case in the past am I also with them in hoping you join our community and contribute to our content.

Welcome aboard.

PS. I love all the Unibroe beers. I've contemplated moving in next door to the brewery many times.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
SteveH
You lookin at me ?

First Name: Steve
Trading: (4)
HUpmann
SteveH is on a distinguished road

$10 we don't see another post.
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #11
kickerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
I must concur with Pnoon above. While we understand that everyone is trying to gain some site traffic we don't necessarily appreciate being a billboard for another site. If your sole intent here at our community is just to direct people to your site then feel free to put the link to your blog in your sig line and not create a while new thread with zero information.

Edit - as an aside, the Team of 11 is discussing options to making a change in the rules as we have seen a sharp increase in people signing up on our forum simply to direct traffic to their site with no intention of being a part of our community. No offense against you thesmokeypint, its just becoming more and more prevalent.
I notice a lot of this in the reviews sections.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #12
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Yes, our policy regarding bloggers who simply come here to direct our members to their site is under review.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #13
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokeypint View Post

Cheers!
Obviously you have no links to Cigar Asylum on your site, so you're not doing Cigar Asylum any favors.

Quote:
Yes, our policy regarding bloggers who simply come here to direct our members to their site is under review.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #14
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
In fact back in the late 90's when I ran a board I would have banned you, removed your links and closed the thread.
Ban Him, Remove his Links, Close the THREAD!!!
I give the weasel credit....he blatantly said right there in print his goal was to drive traffic to his site.
MY GOD, the TESTICLES on the sum*****.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote