Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #41
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: People collect all kinds of 'things'...

I used to collect Star Wars, Jaws, Elvis and Kiss cards....then moved to Football cards (mostly Steelers and L.A. Rams) then Comic books (Batman) then in my teens Music (Records, Cassette tapes then to Cd's (my 1st in 1987) I am still saddened that the CD is going away).

Like Scott I don't collect cigars, I just buy em' and sit on em and smoke em when I get around to them, or pass them out.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #42
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

Pint glasses!
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #43
Jefft72
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (2)
Jefft72 is on a distinguished road

Like others here I collected baseball cards from ~88-92. I dumped alot of the commons at a garage sale one year, but have retained the ones that I feel have some value. I focused on Nolan Ryan especially. When I was checking the cards over I did find a Derek Jeter rookie card. I will hold onto that one for awhile.

Recently, (~04) I got into Hotwheels car collecting. I started with a very narrow focus of Mopar and muscle car castings, but it quickly spiraled out of control. I kept up with it for about 1.5 yrs before I burnt out. I have a lot of the pieces still in their packages mostly common ones. I do find more enjoyment now out of letting my boys tear into them. Bonus for not having to drop extra coin at the stores. Additionally, they make great party favors.

And as for cigars, I buy what I can smoke.

Come to think of it, I do have a helluva acorn collection in my backyard currently.
Jefft72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #44
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefft72 View Post
Come to think of it, I do have a helluva acorn collection in my backyard currently.
I collected about 20 acorns from LA Live Oaks when I was in City Park in NO
a month ago. Gonna plant em next year and try to keep them going in containers
until I finally buy a house.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #45
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
Yessir, though I haven't bought any new ones (any major ones) since I started buying cigars lol. I was a regular member of detailingbliss until ownership changed hands. Now I'm a not-so-regular poster on live2detail. I detail on the side, but really only vehicles that I can have for as long as need be, and only because I enjoy it. I don't think my back/bones/muscles could take the beating of doing it as a trade.

My weapon of choice is the Makita 9227. Got one for free, so cant' complain. I have a 3" extension with a 3m backing plate. Also have a rubbish boy's 3" backing plate for harder to polish areas. And down to a 75mm backing plate for spot polishing. Haven't really bought anything for polishes other than Menzerna as they work excellent for me. I have some Scholl's to try out though.

Favorite waxes... depends. RBOE is my favorite for looks, but application is kind of a PITA. It's look rivals Vintage, but at a fraction of the cost. Otherwise, I use Supernatural. I have a pot that was signed by Dom and PJ, to me:
Nice to see another detailer over here. I have been meaning to get back into the hobby.

Nice! I used to detail on the side, but it was just a handful of quarterly customers with pretty high end rides. Now, I just do my own rides. After about 5 years out of it, I ditched a lot of product and bought new stuff. Holy hell stuff changed in 5 years. Have you seen the acrylic coatings? Badass stuff. Also, trim sealant is a godsend (expensive, but damn good). I still just rock the PC 7424.

Waxes/Sealants I still have:
Menzerna Powerlock - New favorite
Pinnacle Souvran
Pinnacle Souvran Signature V1
P21S
Zymol Carbon - this is 13 years oldm but was my gateway wax so I have not tossed it. Plus it smells good
Gtechniq
4 Star UPP old formula
Klass twins
Poorboy's Nattys
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #46
ripper
Busy doing nothing

First Name: Bart
Trading: (12)
Cohiba
ripper will become famous soon enough

Like this thread.
Been collecting vintage USA postcards since 1970. Had 180,000 postcards, but started downsizing in 2004. Down to about 75,000 cards - buildings, street scenes, restaurants, roadside, cigar stores & factories.
Not active anymore but like to send postcards to customers. Still enjoy the hobby. It's infinite.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #47
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Beer steins
Old 10-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #48
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation

Oh yeah I also forget I have a shot glass collection as well as mini liquor bottles - I need to find a nice way to display them though.
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #49
big a
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough

I try to collect guns and cigars but those are hard on the wallet. I have collect shot glasses also since I was a kid. I try to get one every time i go on vacation or somewhere cool.