Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #1321
dabigdog

Cool Re: It's happend

Old 01-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #1322
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: It's happend

Thanks for the response, you helped me make up my mind. I will still try to help where I can but unofficially.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #1323
croatan
Missing Peter

First Name: James
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
croatan has disabled reputation

I posted my thoughts in here yesterday--no need to reiterate.

But I just want to say that, honestly, at times, reading some of the vitriol in this thread, pms, and elsewhere was as painful as the thought of what's happened to our former home. While I don't agree with Jon's moves or intentions, it's his site and he can do with it what he likes. And, ultimately, threats and childish behavior only makes us look as bad as him.

Cigar boards are supposed to fun. We joined these to learn, meet people, and generally make our lives a little better. When they stop doing those things for us, they cease to serve a purpose. Let's get the Asylum back to where it's supposed to be.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #1324
floydp
Team of 11

First Name: Frank
Trading: (0)
Partagas MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
floydp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatan View Post

But I just want to say that, honestly, at times, reading some of the vitriol in this thread, pms, and elsewhere was as painful as the thought of what's happened to our former home. While I don't agree with Jon's moves or intentions, it's his site and he can do with it what he likes. And, ultimately, threats and childish behavior only makes us look as bad as him.

Cigar boards are supposed to fun. We joined these to learn, meet people, and generally make our lives a little better. When they stop doing those things for us, they cease to serve a purpose. Let's get the Asylum back to where it's supposed to be.
Gonna make it a priority James. Whats done is done.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #1325
SilverFox

Perhaps this is good a spot as any for one of my favorite quotes

"Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma by ones self or in the company of friends."

By its very nature Cigar smoking is about relaxation and time for reflection, while I will admit to having some emotion around what transpired I believe firmly that with what little time we have in life that the use of any of that time that involves negative energy is merely a waste.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #1326
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatan View Post

James is wise.

To assist all of us in avoiding the temptation to continue here, I think this is as good a point as any to close this thread. Doing so will help all of us move on.
Closed Thread