Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2011, 04:34 AM   #901
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Morning all, it's Memorial Day and the coffee is on. Remember our soldiers, sailors and airmen today and the sacrifices they have given so we have our freedom. Today, I have the honor and privilege to facilitate the Memorial Day Wreath laying ceremony at West Point. The West Point Band, 21 cannon (75mm howitzers) salute, and the West Point community in observance. The guest speaker is the Garrison Commander, COL Michael Tarsa, and I'm sure that after his speech, there won't be a dry eye in the crowd. Well, it was good to see the Yankees bounce back with a big win yesterday as they beat the Mariners 7 - 1. Also, a big congrats to Kevin Harvick in the #29 Budweiser Chevrolet for winning yesterday's NASCAR Coca Cola 600. Dale Earnhardt Jr. was leading the last lap as he ran out of fuel with less than a half mile to go, son close:

http://www.nascar.com/news/110529/kh...tjr/index.html

Anyway, enjoy the day and thank a service member for what they do.........
Old 05-31-2011, 03:40 AM   #902
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been brewin' since 0430 as always. Well, yesterday's ceremony at West Point went off without a hitch and I was glad to be a part of it. It was good to see that the Yankees won another one and this time against the Athletics 5 - 0. Today they have a late game starting at 2205 (10:05pm) and hopefully they can keep up the winning streak. Anyway, it's back to work so I hope everyone has a good week and enjoys.......
Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 AM   #903
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for some time now. It's good to see that the Yankees are hitting again and are back on a winning streak (knock on wood). The won last night 10 - 3 and have another game today with the Athletics at 1535 (3:35pm). I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys a couple of your favorites.......
Old 06-02-2011, 04:21 AM   #904
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Morning all and yes, the coffee has definitely been on for some time now. Well, the Yankees swept the A's with another win last night as this time Nick Swisher went deep for a 3 run dinger into left field. The final score was 4 - 2 and this makes it 10 in a row against the Athletics now. The Bombers next game is this evening against the Angels and the start time is 2205 (10:05pm). Anyway, I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys it as well........
Old 06-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #905
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on! The Yankees are in Los Angeles this weekend and the NASCAR racers are in Chicago (Nationwide Series) and Kansas (Sprint Cup & Camping World Truck Series). I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout it........
Old 06-04-2011, 05:03 AM   #906
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on and it's gonna be another beautiful day here in New York. Well, the Yankees came up one short as they lost to LA 3 - 2. These two teams will be back at this evening with the first thrown at 2105 (9:05pm). As I stated yesterday, the NASCAR Truck series race is at 1400 today live from Kansas and the NASCAR Nationwide series race is at Chicagoland this evening starting at 2100 (9pm). I hope everyone has a super day as well and enjoys.......
Old 06-06-2011, 03:42 AM   #907
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Monday "Get your butt back to work" coffee is on. Well, it was good to see that the Yankees won yesterday as well as Saturday against the Angels. The Bombers are off today and will take on Boston here in New York for a 3 night game series. Congrats to Brad Keselowski for winning yesterday's NASCAR race as it came down to a fuel race versus top speeds. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys.........
Old 06-07-2011, 03:58 AM   #908
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Not much going on today except for this evening as the Yankees take on the Red Sox here in the Bronx. Hopefully the Bombers have a good series against Boston and take all 3 games or at least 2 of them. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or........
Old 06-08-2011, 05:30 AM   #909
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, today is the first day of my mini vacation and the Yankees happen to loose last night 6 - 4. Hopefully they bounce back and even up the series a game a piece. Beth and I are going to enjoy a stay-cation and do some local stuff that we've wanted to do for a while plus it's always nice to sleep in your own bed at the end of the day. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys it as well........
Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #910
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is finally on. I see that the Yankees got their butts handed to them 2 nights in a row now. Lets keep our fingers crossed that we don't get swept and loose another one this evening. We have record breaking temps here in the Northeast and I hope everyone up here keeps hydrated and applies sun screen / lotion when out to prevent the burn. Anyway, have a great day and enjoy........
Old 06-10-2011, 06:11 AM   #911
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Friday coffee is on. Well, the Yankees lost again last night 8 - 3 and got swept by the Red Sox at home. They'll take on the Indians this weekend and hopefully the Bombers do a lot better this time. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites throughout it........
Old 06-11-2011, 06:16 AM   #912
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on. Well, the Yankees finally won one 11 - 7 after a bench / bullpen clearing hit on Teixeira in the 2nd:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...s_nyy&c_id=nyy

Also, congrats to Ron Hornaday for winning last night's NASCAR Camping World truck race which was held in Fort Worth, TX. The 24 hour Le Mans starts shortly from France and can be seen on Speed Channel and Speed.com. Tomorrow, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race will be live from the Pocono Race Track starting at 1300 (1pm) and that'll be on TNT. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys it as well........
Old 06-12-2011, 05:46 AM   #913
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the Sunday morning Killer Beans coffee is on. Well, it was good to see that the Yankees won again but one of Bombers star pitchers departed the game early with a strained left ham string muscle. Bartolo Colon under went an MRI already and the team hasn't said any more:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...s_nyy&c_id=nyy

The two teams play again today at 1305 and hopefully they put up another "W" and make it 3 in a row. I hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 06-13-2011, 03:50 AM   #914
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on the damp Monday morning. Congrats to the Yankees for winning again yesterday as well as Jeff Gordon for taking the checkered flag in the NASCAR race at the Pocono Race Track. A big congrats to the Dallas Mavericks for being crowned the 2011 NBA Champs. Tonight we have the 4th game of the Yankees - Indians series as well as the 6th game of the NHL finals that Vancouver is leading 3 games to 2 over Boston. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout it........
Old 06-14-2011, 03:39 AM   #915
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while now. Well, the Yankees lost last night 1 - 0 and hopefully they bounce back tonight with a "W". The Boston Bruins won 5 - 2 last night over the Vancouver Canucks taking the Stanley Cup Championship to game 7 and final game of the season. It will be played Wednesday evening in Vancouver starting at 2000 (8pm) and televised on NBC. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys........
Old 06-15-2011, 03:52 AM   #916
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430 as always. Well, the Yankees came back with a big win yesterday beating the Texas Rangers 12 - 4. They'll be back at it this evening and hopefully the bats stay hot and the put another check in the win column. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoy.......
Old 06-16-2011, 03:39 AM   #917
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on. Well, the Yankees won another one last night over the Rangers 12 - 4 and hopefully they can keep this winning streak up as they take on Texas this afternoon at 1305 (1:05pm). A big congrats to the Boston Bruins as they were crowned the 2011 Stanley Cup Champions. Since today is Thursday, we'll be heading over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening to enjoy a couple of primo sticks and see how the local S/BOTL are doing. I hope everyone has a good day and enjoys it as well........
Old 06-17-2011, 03:57 AM   #918
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0430 and T.G.I.F. It was great see the Yankees sweep the Rangers with another win yesterday as they beat them in 12 innings with a final score of 3 - 2. Today they'll be in Chicago for a 1420 (20pm) game against the Cubs. Should be a good series and hopefully they take 2 out of 3 games if not another sweep. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesinger's smoking primo stogies celebrating Steve Jaffee's (day time tobacconist) birthday. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and smokes a couple of your best throughout it.........
Old 06-18-2011, 05:41 AM   #919
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Morning all and yes, the special Saturday morning blend is brewing. Well, the Yankees came up a little short last night in the first of three games this weekend with a final score of 3 - 1. They'll play game two today at 1610 (4:10pm) and hopefully they can tie up the series at a game a piece. Also today, we have the NASCAR racers in Michigan with the Nationwide Series race starting around 1530 (3:30pm). I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys it as well........
Old 06-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #920
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good Father's Day morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. It was good to see that the Yankees bounced back and beat the Cubs yesterday 4 - 3 and have tied up the series a game a piece. They'll play the rubber game tonight at 2005 (8:05pm) and hopefully the Bombers stay hot to take the series. Also yesterday, Carl Edwards finished first in the NASCAR Nationwide Series race:

http://nationwide.nascar.com/nationw...-win-michigan/

The NASCAR Sprint Cup race is also in Michigan and the starting time is roughly 1300 (1pm). I hope everyone has a great day and gets to relax and enjoy........