Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 04-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Deep! Deep! Crust Hot and Ready from L.C.'s

What the heck, I put this in the Photography thread since I was eating it for lunch, but I had to use
a compact P&S camera to shoot it, so as a photograph, it'sa pretty a-poor, paisan. I went to
Piggly Wiggly to pick up a whole Ribeye since they were on sale, but since the store is in such a
bad neighborhood, you essentially have to ASK the butcher to bring you one out. Otherwise, dudes
be puttin em down dey pants leg and $hi+. And since there was no butcher in sight, I decided to just
go pick up a Hot and Ready Pizza from L.C.s. As 'luck' would have it, they were putting their new deep
dish pizza out as a H&R item, so I figured I would give it a shot. Spoiler alert, you might wanna pass.

As you can see from the photos, the pizza comes as two square pizzas in a box, and it is over an inch thick.
Before you start to drool, what you end up with is 4/5 crust and 1/5 cheese and sauce and pepps. Now granted,
for $8.00, you aren't gonna get Chicago Style Deep Dish ANYWHERE, but when you are L.C., maybe you shouldn't
TRY to do a deep dish if this is how you are gonna do it. Again, I would suggest passing on it
unless you are hungry, have $8.00, and do not care that it is a big-a55 box o crust. And when weighed
against their regular hot and ready pepperoni pizza, this thing is practically STACKED with toppings, lol.
Its ALSO $3.00 MORE than a standard H&R pizza, so that is not a fair comparison. So check out
the photos and judge for yourself.

TO ME, as a hot and ready item that you do not have to wait for, even with the extra three dollars
outlay, it is not a bad deal. But it is not what I would term a deep dish pizza. And you should know
going in what you will get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC15300.jpg (65.0 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15301.jpg (49.8 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15307.jpg (43.1 KB, 234 views)
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Deep! Deep! Crust Hot and Ready from L.C.'s

Looks like Jet's pizza to me. I like Jets. I'll probably like this.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
What the heck, I put this in the Photography thread since I was eating it for lunch, but I had to use
a compact P&S camera to shoot it, so as a photograph, it'sa pretty a-poor, paisan. I went to
Piggly Wiggly to pick up a whole Ribeye since they were on sale, but since the store is in such a
bad neighborhood, you essentially have to ASK the butcher to bring you one out. Otherwise, dudes
be puttin em down dey pants leg and $hi+. And since there was no butcher in sight, I decided to just
go pick up a Hot and Ready Pizza from L.C.s. As 'luck' would have it, they were putting their new deep
dish pizza out as a H&R item, so I figured I would give it a shot. Spoiler alert, you might wanna pass.

As you can see from the photos, the pizza comes as two square pizzas in a box, and it is over an inch thick.
Before you start to drool, what you end up with is 4/5 crust and 1/5 cheese and sauce and pepps. Now granted,
for $8.00, you aren't gonna get Chicago Style Deep Dish ANYWHERE, but when you are L.C., maybe you shouldn't
TRY to do a deep dish if this is how you are gonna do it. Again, I would suggest passing on it
unless you are hungry, have $8.00, and do not care that it is a big-a55 box o crust. And when weighed
against their regular hot and ready pepperoni pizza, this thing is practically STACKED with toppings, lol.
Its ALSO $3.00 MORE than a standard H&R pizza, so that is not a fair comparison. So check out
the photos and judge for yourself.

TO ME, as a hot and ready item that you do not have to wait for, even with the extra three dollars
outlay, it is not a bad deal. But it is not what I would term a deep dish pizza. And you should know
going in what you will get.

So, basically it sounds like this really belongs in "Mediocre Eats" or possibly even "Bad Eats", right?

Last edited by T.G; 04-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
So, basically it sounds like this really belongs in "Mediocre Eats" or possibly even "Bad Eats", right?
I'd vote mediocre. I ate half of it, so it was not dog food. And tomorrow I will eat the other half.
No one goes into that place expecting anything more than they get. The only reason I did not get
what I expected was I had talked myself into getting thick, gushy cheese and rich thick tomatoes
and lots of it...at least half and half, crust to toppings.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote