Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 04-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Pancho's Mexican Buffet....Ole!

I am so mad. Somehow i got Pancho's in my mind. I have not been here since my 13th birthday,
there was a location in Metairie, LA. Half of you won't have a clue what I mean, but picture a
cafeteria-style tex-mex buffet with pretty good, not great food, and when you were done with
your plate, you would raise the flag and a server would come and ask you you would like. "Two
tacos and a chile relleno please." Yes sir. You could go on like this for hours. $6.99. Dude, do
you know how FAT I would be if there was one of these in Memphis?
I went to the website and clicked the contact email and begged them to come here after thanking
them for being just as great as I remember. From what I remember, the staff was always polite, as many
working Mexicanos tend to be. Try that in a McDonald's today. HA. The kids today could care less.
Not at Pancho's. Yes sir, no sir, right away sir. ACES. Just fantastic. Man I miss it. So bottom line is
I could drive to Bossier City from Memphis and get my fix. Guess I better do that before Memorial Day, huh?
No sense in my 7 dollar meal costing me 70 bucks in gas. But I am tempted. I know when I go to New Orleans
again I will go. But that might be September.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
croatan
Missing Peter

First Name: James
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
croatan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pancho's Mexican Buffet....Ole!

I think I was about that age the last time I went to one. I recall it being the absolute worst "Mexican" food I've ever eaten. I generally agree with your taste in cigars, Brad, but we're going to have to agree to disagree on the edibility of Pancho's fare.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatan View Post
I think I was about that age the last time I went to one. I recall it being the absolute worst "Mexican" food I've ever eaten. I generally agree with your taste in cigars, Brad, but we're going to have to agree to disagree on the edibility of Pancho's fare.
Hahahaha, but you're a homer. You can get whatever you want when you
want it. I was in freaking Metairie, lol. I did like their chile relleno. Better
than I like the actual kind. Which I do love. YOU sir, obviously have something
against Cheese Food. Good to know a drive to Bossier City would be a bad idea.

PS, I guess I missed the Dallas race this year. Lucky me as far as the work goes.
My loss as far as the hospitality goes.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Man...Pancho's is the best and the worst. We have many locally, and my friends and I always get the itch to go eat there about once a year. I saw once a year because 8-12 hours after we eat there the majority of the time we feel sick! Then there's around 10-11 months of hating Pancho's, then we get the itch to eat there again If you get to Bossier City sometime, definitely go eat there for old time's sake, but I wouldn't say you should make a trip just for that, haha.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
when you were done with
your plate, you would raise the flag and a server would come and ask you you would like. "Two
tacos and a chile relleno please."
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...rm=Casa+Bonita

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough

There's a few of those down here in Homestead. As Mexican as it gets.
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

The last time I ate at one was in Bossier City about 1994, raise the flag and here they come with more enchiladas! All for about $6 or so as I remember.
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #8
OLS
Suck It

I think I am like Brutus. I ahve the capacity to get excited, at least once a year, over
something that I know is not going to be good for me. Then the sick feeling creeps in
and you remember why you only do it once a year. But for me absence has definitely
made the stomach grow fonder. Just great memories, and based in a time when I could
not have really known any better. Oh, this is really got me messed up in the head.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:00 AM   #9
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain53 View Post
raise the flag and here they come with more enchiladas! .
I remember my sister and I cracking up about our waiter once. Back then you didn't
get a lot of Mexican accents in New Orleans, or at least up the river. We asked for two more glasses of
fruit punch, and the waiter said "OK, two PONCHES" we laughed about that for hours
and then YEARS.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #10
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

First Name: Marc
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
Parshooter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Tom, I was in Denver last weekend and saw an ad for that place. It's real

I went to a Mexican buffet in Atlanta last year. REAL, authentic Mexican food. The place was almost full and there were only a couple tables of Gringos. I ate myself to beyond full.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #11
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

Man this brings back memories. Summers working as a lifeguard we would hit Pancho's after work sometimes. We would eat about 20$ usd worth of food for 6$! The food was good and lots of it! Good times, good times... Havent been in 15 years.
Posted via Mobile Device
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #12
OLS
Suck It

Ahhh, I read the title embedded in the link code, CASA BONITA--food and fun in a pleasant atmosphere.
I remember Cartman REALLY wanted to go to that birthday party. I was loving it how he was not invited.
I think I am going to watch the whole show. In fact I might watch all my SP DVDs this weekend.

Oh and T.I.M., glad I could poke that memory spot!