Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #23
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JoePa.....Sad if true....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
But we do know what he was told by McQueary do we not?

The failure to act IS an act, sometimes legally, more frequently morally.
Maybe this will help...
Law enforcement was already involved at the time Joe became involved. Actually, they were involved years prior. And did nothing.
Joe had already removed Sandusky from his program, told him he wouldn't be receiving the head coaching position, and reported the grad student's information. All things that were within his power. Everything we know about the man makes it achingly obvious that he had to have done more than even the things we know.

Penn State officials allowed Sandusky to continue to use Penn State facilities as part of his retirement in 99 when Joe ran him off. That's despite having full disclosure and knowing he was raping children.

I know everyone is reacting on anger and conjecture. What's upsetting to me is that all the info is in the Grand Jury report. There are tons of links to reprots. The entire timeline is at wikipedia. All anyone has to do is read it like I did.
Joe didn't do nothing, he did far more than anyone at that University. He did everything in his power.
Maybe Joe should have put a bullet in Sandusky's head, and that's not sarcastic. If he had all the info the Grand Jury does, I'd be willing to bet he would have liked to. It's just plain wron to say a guy did nothing when the things he did are right in front of us in black and white.

I gotta quit arguing this because I'm getting upset. Joe can take care of himself. I just hope to God I never find myself in front of a jury of my peers who refuse to read the charges. I don't mean that insultingly, and I'm certainly not picking on you or Vin, Vic. I love and respect both of you guys, I'm sure you know that. I also admit I may have my timelines screwed up and what I'm asserting may not be completely accurate. I'm just quoting what I just read.

This whole thing just scares me to death. I sure hope I never find myself in Joe's shoes. It's a can't win situation that I wouldn't wish on anyone.
It's much akin to these women who file false rape charges against famous athletes and politicians. Once it's done, the harm can never be undone, regardless of whether there's an ounce of truth in it.
Maybe Joe could have done more, I don't know. But to say he did nothing is not true. I've mentioned three big things that he did do. To say he didn't follow up when we have no proof of that is also wrong and it's unfair.
Maybe Joe is guilty as hell. It could be. It just makes no sense. Not based on his track record, the person he's been, or the person he is. It's scary to think the whole world could turn on him this quick with not an ounce of proof.
It could just as easily happen to any one of us, and that's scary.

I'm gonna go say a prayer for all these people, including the children who are now adults. They need our support, not our arguing. I'm truly sorry if I caused any hard feelings with this arguing, it was not my desire or intent.
I love all you guys.