Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #21
Robulous78

Default Re: Free Comacho Cigar Offer

Yes Yes very true... I did not think of that alternative... buy then why would they not down the page and stop the confirmation emails?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #22
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
Yes Yes very true... I did not think of that alternative... buy then why would they not down the page and stop the confirmation emails?
To get e-mail addresses to spam with e-mail, or maybe even sell to other companies? Don't know if this is what they do, but I know some do.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #23
Robulous78

Ah yes... the seedy underbelly of the internet... spam e-mail.... well I gave my address and as far as I can tell no spam mail.... unless my junk sweeper is just that good...
Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #24
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Ah yes... the seedy underbelly of the internet... spam e-mail.... well I gave my address and as far as I can tell no spam mail.... unless my junk sweeper is just that good...
Hopefully they don't sell it to Thompson's.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #25
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Besides the obvious fact that in the terms and rules of the promotion it states that by agreeing to the promotion terms, you are submitting your information for their marketing purposes and cutting this off early, from a marketing data and metrics collection standpoint, is foolish.

The submission collection process is very fast and easily automated. Simply toss up a form and have people enter data.

Unfortunately, the verification of this entered data does not happen as quickly. Addresses need to be verified, duplicate addresses need to be matched and discarded, ages need to be searched and verified, illegitimate email addresses need to be tossed, people setting up multiple accounts need to be disqualified, etc.

All of this prevents the automation of an automatic cutoff at the X-many entry mark.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #26
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Besides the obvious fact that in the terms and rules of the promotion it states that by agreeing to the promotion terms, you are submitting your information for their marketing purposes and cutting this off early, from a marketing data and metrics collection standpoint, is foolish.

The submission collection process is very fast and easily automated. Simply toss up a form and have people enter data.

Unfortunately, the verification of this entered data does not happen as quickly. Addresses need to be verified, duplicate addresses need to be matched and discarded, ages need to be searched and verified, illegitimate email addresses need to be tossed, people setting up multiple accounts need to be disqualified, etc.

All of this prevents the automation of an automatic cutoff at the X-many entry mark.
That, or they're lazy.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #27
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
That, or they're lazy.

That, sir, is a distinct possibility.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #28
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation
Post Re: Free Comacho Cigar Offer

Quote:
OOOOHHHH! OOOOHHH! Me! Me! Me!

About 35 years ago I got a Happy Meal and it didn't have a free toy in it!

Can I post and kvetch about that here too?

No please don't do that here.

Quote:
Unless of course that everyone here who signed up based on that thread signed up after the cigars had all been given away already...
The reason's for this thread were clearly spelled out and it is my hope that a few of our aprox. 7,000 members would have received a cigar. That's another reason for this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
This thread is for posting relevant information about the free offer that must be applied for by the 1st of October.

http://camachocigars.com/getreal/

The offer is still up as of this minute at the above address.

I received a conformation e-mail on Aug 22 and offers for other cigars (coming from davidoffusa.com--I guess the parent company.) coming about 2 every month.
I have not received any word about the giveaway.
Please post on here if you receive anything or hear anything about the 10,000 having been given out.

Personally I don't like Comacho as a company-(past history)- but am willing to grab a free cigar to send to the troops.

Bless you & Thanks Bro.

My thinking, and again Hope, is since sign up just ended...there might be some chance for the cigar giveaway to actually happen.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #29
Robulous78

Quote:

I stand schooled on the finer points of marketing...
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #30
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
[b][color=DarkGreen]

The reason's for this thread were clearly spelled out and it is my hope that a few of our aprox. 7,000 members would have received a cigar. That's another reason for this thread.

Don't you think one of them would have posted that in the other thread that was up for several months?

Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #31
Robulous78

So Icehog.... you have a distaste for Thompson's as well... Do you dislike them for just their marketing saturation? or for the sometimes horrible quality of their sticks?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #32
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:

No please don't do that here.
Why? At least I would have a legitimate gripe, since someone actually paid for the Happy Meal that was supposed to include a toy as clearly stated on the box. It's not like I sat around entering my name, email and address into a browser expecting to get something for nothing.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #33
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
So Icehog.... you have a distaste for Thompson's as well... Do you dislike them for just their marketing saturation? or for the sometimes horrible quality of their sticks?
Their marketing is my issue, Rob. Most of their house blend cigars are garbage, but they sell some accessories and decent cigars too.

But when someone unsuspectingly gives their phone number while making an order, and then is deluged with phone calls despite repeated requests to stop, they lose any good will I might have had for them. Avoid them like a cancer.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #34
Robulous78

yea I guess that is valid... but for noobs like myself a free cigar means a lot... especially when there are no B & M's nearby and the one closest to you doesn't carry them... Sure I could go on the devil site and order up a 5 pack or what-have-you but thats a bit much to pay for a stick you haven't actually tried yet...

Plus I'm cheap... no need to beat on the bargain seekers... lol
Old 10-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #35
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Not beating on the bargain seekers. Beating on those who continue to beat a dead horse....for a second thread's worth.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #36
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Don't you think one of them would have posted that in the other thread that was up for several months?
Both threads about the Free Comacho cigar were opened in the later part of Aug (22nd,24th). Just a shy over a month; not a huge amount of time as threads go. and with the registration just ending....well anyways.

Quote:
Why? At least I would have a legitimate gripe, since someone actually paid for the Happy Meal that was supposed to include a toy as clearly stated on the box. It's not like I sat around entering my name, email and address into a browser expecting to get something for nothing.
Because I would prefer if you wish to be kbliching about something that happened 35 years ago that you open your own thread and do it there.Thanks
Also I value my email address and don't think it is nothing.
Does it really bother you T.G. that I opened this thread? I mean you didn't want the other one open but you have posted quite a lot in this one.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #37
Robulous78

Very true... I actually didn't mind Thompson's till 3 things happened...

I was in love with the Alec Bradley Sampler they had there... got it cheap on an auction once and it was great... so great I bought another outright off the site... (much more expensive) when I received my second sampler, the cigars had a different taste, one (the one I looked to the most) was plugged and another had burn issues...

That was the first strike... the second was a bit more personal for me...

I LOVE Rocky Patel's- PATEL BROS cigars... After looking around I found that only Thompson's had them, I went so far as to email Rocky's company asking if I could find them anywhere else by the box... they told me they sold the line out to thompsons and that the sites that still had boxes were of older stock... That just sort of rubbed me the wrong way because Thompson's is by far I find the most expensive site around....

The final strike was when I was offered a free sampler from Thompson's, after talking to the guy I asked him to send any sampler that had a Patel Bros in it... When I did finally receive the sampler (slow standard shipping) it did even have a single stick from Rocky Patel - much less the Patel Bros I was looking for...

I ordered another sampler or 2 till I was offered another free sampler, I told the thompsons agent about what had happened with the first one, he assured me they had a Rocky -only sampler and that it would be sent my way... It never came...

So from then on I vowed never to give Thompsons another cent... and after discovery of Famous-smoke and the devil site I never have...
Old 10-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #38
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Both threads about the Free Comacho cigar were opened in the later part of Aug (22nd,24th). Just a shy over a month; not a huge amount of time as threads go. and with the registration just ending....well anyways.

Because I would prefer if you wish to be kbliching about something that happened 35 years ago that you open your own thread and do it there.Thanks
Also I value my email address and don't think it is nothing.
Does it really bother you T.G. that I opened this thread? I mean you didn't want the other one open but you have posted quite a lot in this one.
I'd explain it to you, but you wouldn't get it.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #39
Robulous78

Well feel that tension....

In other news....

you just got mooned.... lol
Old 10-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #40
Robulous78

BTW...No disrespect intended T.G. /Savor the stick... Just thought a laugh would be good for everyone...