Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #101
Darrell

Default Re: Dexter Season 5 - DISCUSSION THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Agreed, to me it's gotta happen. Deb shot that dude and didn't care much at all, I think she might embrace what Dexter does. That would make for a very interesting sixth season.
I was just thinking the same thing.

Remember when she asked Dexter if he knew what kind of person would kill the guys who hurt those girls? and she said that she would do that.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #102
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post

Remember when she asked Dexter if he knew what kind of person would kill the guys who hurt those girls? and she said that she would do that.
Yeah I think sooner or later it only makes sense they team up. Even if she just feeds him targets. Or asks "favors" of making people disappear.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #103
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Yeah I think sooner or later it only makes sense they team up. Even if she just feeds him targets. Or asks "favors" of making people disappear.
Somebody spilled the beans in last year's discussion thread and said that Deb and Dex team up and she helps him with his kills in the novels. But I hear the novels are a lot different than the tv series.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #104
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

the tv show split from the books before the end of the first season

the first half of the first season follows very close to the plot of the book but by the end is slightly different. From that point the stories go in completely different directions
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #105
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

Trading: (48)
RA
3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
That is the perfect reason for her to find out at the end of the last episode this year. That way next year can start right from that and it won't start slow like this season did.
Didn't even realize this thread existed until now

Couldn't agree more! I still remember the HOLY CHIT factor at the end of Season 4 and I think at this point that would be the best way to end this season. Although I never saw that coming at the end of Season 4, so maybe the writers have something else in store for us.

I'd be bummed if this show wasn't picked up for another season. I get Showtime every year just for Dexter. Probably my favorite show of all time.
3SmokesaRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #106
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

There we go Libby is dead and Chase has Lumen. This is going to be a fantastic finale next week!

Quinn looks like he is going to stay off the table this season after all. Kind of disappointed. Or maybe he'll find the blood on his shoe and figure dexter out.

Very awesome season.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #107
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

First Name: Mike
Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

It's a great season. Did you notice in the preview for the Finale they showed Deb pointing a gun at Dexter and said "don't friggin move"?
I'm thinking that they made it into a cut screen and that she's not actually pointing the gun at him, but I could be wrong. But seriously, they just signed for a new season so....
Old 12-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #108
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

I don't watch previews, pretty much for that reason. That it could actually be something different than what you see. But this season is fantastic, for me Dexter always delivers.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #109
hscmit
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

great setup for the final episode
Old 12-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #110
tx_tuff

Well I was wrong, I figured Quinn would end up killing Libby. What do they say, close but no cigar LOL. Quinn is going to know for sure that Dexter killed Libby since of course he was the one he was watching, but the Quinn Dexter saga will not end this season. I watched in the slow mo the preview with Deb pointing the gun at Dexter, the back grounds look similar and so does the shirt Dexter is wearing and the shirt of the arm/had dropping the knife. But come on that doesn't mean anything. Either way looks like it will be a good last show.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #111
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

It's not over for Quinn yet.
I hate episodes where Dexter is sloppy, but this one was necessary to set up the finale. Maybe it will get pinned on Quinn?

Insert quote here.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #112
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
It's not over for Quinn yet.
I hate episodes where Dexter is sloppy, but this one was necessary to set up the finale. Maybe it will get pinned on Quinn?
I could see that. Quinn kind of reminds me of Doakes or whatever his name was that Dexter pins the bay harbor butcher on. Only difference is Quinn was smart enough to back off
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #113
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelknight View Post
I could see that. Quinn kind of reminds me of Doakes or whatever his name was that Dexter pins the bay harbor butcher on. Only difference is Quinn was smart enough to back off
I never liked Quinn until this season. If he gets offed or accused of the murder, I'll be a bit saddened.

Insert quote here.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #114
JDTexan
College Football Fanatic

First Name: Justin
Trading: (3)
JL
JDTexan is on a distinguished road

Great episode, can't wait for the finale.
JDTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #115
tx_tuff

Quinn did have blood on his shoe and they showed it being swabbed in the preview, but Quinn knows to much just to take the fall unless he "disappears". Either way can't wait till Sunday.

On a side note started listening to the first Dexter book last night.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #116
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

How are the books? I don't have a lot of time to free read being a student but I still read about 10-15 books every year and I've been interested in starting to read the Dexter novels
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #117
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

Trading: (48)
RA
3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough

Can't wait for Sunday!
3SmokesaRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #118
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SmokesaRound View Post
Can't wait for Sunday!
I hear ya Bill, I'm going to call it now best finale of the year.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #119
hscmit
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Quote:
How are the books? I don't have a lot of time to free read being a student but I still read about 10-15 books every year and I've been interested in starting to read the Dexter novels
I liked the first two and the new (5th) one. The third and fourth were not as good, in my opinion.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #120
tx_tuff

Quote:
Just started listening to the first, only to chapter 6. It is different but a lot of same charters. So far so good.