Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #181
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone seriosuly looking at the new DROID?

Fennec browser looks like it will be good, but the current pre-alpha release is so bug-ridden its irritating lol. But hopefully before long they can release something better
Old 04-30-2010, 08:39 AM   #182
cle_smoker
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Robert
Trading: (1)
RA
cle_smoker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
I havent really let the battery die yet, but after charging it at around 4pm yesterday, the phone had half charge at around 10ish... while I was showing it off a bit, I wouldnt call it heavy use. However, I charged it all night last night, took it off around 6am. Right now the battery meter is showing almost full less a small bit. I'll report back at the end of the day.

Mind you, Im used to my blackberry that I could go 3 or 4 days without charging.
Yes, the battery could be better. The Eris didn't last as long as this one does, so I am happier with that. It's a trade-off I guess. I could go days on my old phone, but it was only a phone with limited internet. So you take the good with the bad.
cle_smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:45 AM   #183
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

are you guys able to get onto the internet with your Droid even when you are not getting 3g? My friend has a Palm phone from Verizon and is still able to get onto the internet while I am not. We both live and work in the same area. I don't know if my phone is screwed up or if somehow the Droid only works with 3g. Thoughts would be appreciated. And FYI the closest Verizon store that I know if is 2hours away in San Antonio.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:05 AM   #184
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

I'm been able to get on the net (slowly) when my Droid was reading 1x.... on the other hand, it was in an area that should had 3g, so the more likely explanation is that it had a very weak 3g signal on and off and simply reported it as 1x.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:00 AM   #185
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

So, the battery lasted yesterday from 6am till about 11pm with moderate use. Was showing the phone to (Tim) TRicker yesterday and we watched a couple short videos, I took a bunch of pics using the flash, and Tim was messing around with it for a good amount of time- he is looking at one too.

At 11pm I plugged it in, it had gotten down to the last battery segment, which had also switched from green to yellow (perhaps a "charge me" indicator).

The camera on this thing is so impressive. Takes beautiful pics. This is a photo of a wedding cake I delivered yesterday afternoon.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #186
DougBushBC

My incredible is just that, INCREDIBLE
Old 05-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #187
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
oh, btw, if anybody is interested in that coupon code, pm me
is that for verizon or sprint?
Old 05-05-2010, 07:02 AM   #188
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by colimo View Post
is that for verizon or sprint?
The Incredible is only available on Verizon at the moment (I believe), however the coupon expired on 5/3. Sorry pal.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #189
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Looks like tomorrow the Droid X will be officially announced. Glad I waited on the Incredible b/c this looks like it will be on a whole 'nother level.

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/droid/x/

Speculation says July 2nd launch!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #190
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

That Droid X is going to be ginormous!! 4.3 in screen!!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #191
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Dunno if I like droid x or droid 2 better. I still really want the dang iPhone to come to a real network
Posted via Mobile Device
King James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #192
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
Dunno if I like droid x or droid 2 better. I still really want the dang iPhone to come to a real network
Posted via Mobile Device
Amen
Old 06-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #193
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

1ghz doesn't impress me, with slight modifications my Droid 1 runs at 1ghz. So that just leaves screen size and keyboard as the main factors.

Droid 2 gets my vote because of the keyboard..... but that's only IF the redesigned keyboard works better. Quite often designers take a massive jump backwards when they "redesign" a keyboard. And I would rather miss the ugly "chin" on my Droid 1, simply because it lets me orient it correctly by feel.

but really, we don't know much about the droid X yet....
Old 06-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #194
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
That Droid X is going to be ginormous!! 4.3 in screen!!
Not that big. I have the EVO which is 4.3 and it is not that big. Its big enough, but I like my phone large. The Evo is a monster in abilities though. I am loving it. Already rooted it and tonight I am going to add free wifi hotspot. Still debating on adding froyo to get native flash, but with the skyfire browser I am cool as it works on all the sports streaming sites I use.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #195
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Not that big. I have the EVO which is 4.3 and it is not that big. Its big enough, but I like my phone large. The Evo is a monster in abilities though. I am loving it. Already rooted it and tonight I am going to add free wifi hotspot. Still debating on adding froyo to get native flash, but with the skyfire browser I am cool as it works on all the sports streaming sites I use.
In comparison to other smartphones that is big. I suppose everything is relative though.

I'm prolly just going to end up with the Blackberry Bold Funds are a little short and my Dad is getting 1, so B1G1 is enticing me.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #196
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

mmm yeah, B1G1 can be very enticing.

Better yet, convince dad to a get a Droid, I think those were/are on B1G1
Old 06-22-2010, 06:39 PM   #197
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
mmm yeah, B1G1 can be very enticing.

Better yet, convince dad to a get a Droid, I think those were/are on B1G1
He doesn't like the droid because of the keys on the keyboard. My Dad is also enticed by the reliability and easy function of the blackberry. Honestly the way I treat my phones, I should just get something for free. Mine rarely make it a year let alone 2.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #198
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Insurance policy

I sent my droid into a VIOLENT encounter with the floor after 3 months. Now has a permanent 1/8" black line on the screen where it won't work. I'm gonna claim the insurance soon......
Old 06-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #199
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Buy your phone at bestbuy and take their insurance. Its 3.00 more a month but no refurbs, no deductibles, covers lost or damaged regardless unlike the cariers.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #200
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

mm, no deductibles is nice!

Bear in mind when you buy a phone at best buy you're locked into BB's contract as well as Verizon's