Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Cozy and Bobarian's Blind Tasting Pt 2

Craig and I decided to continue our blind tasting here in the nuthouse.
He sent me five more unbanded smokes.

Tonite I smoked number one. I decided not to measure or look too closely at the wrapper or cap this go round and to mainly focus on the cigar and its flavor.

#1 is a nice robusto sized stick. Reddish wrapper with no large veins or imperfections. Clipped nicely with the Palio, nice prelight draw with no outstanding flavors. Toasted the foot and got some nice aromas from the resting smoke. First few puffs had a bit of a twang which went away rather quickly, much to my disappointment. Flavors were earthy and leathery. Lots of smoke production, the pure white ash seemed to say Nic puro. Not the grey/white banding of a CC. Smoke was a bit dry on my tongue and the flavors did not seem to develop or intensify. Not totally unpleasant on the nose exhale, but a bit harsher than I prefer. This cigar did not seem to have the punch of a Pepin. I put it down with about an inch and a half to go as it was just a bit too one dimensional for my mood tonight. I would give it a 7/10. My guess a Padilla Hybrid.

Craig, my smokes are going out tomorrow. DC #9101128882300490491929
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote