Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2012, 02:04 AM   #41
cobra03
Adult Babysitter

First Name: Scott
Trading: (15)
Partagas
cobra03 will become famous soon enoughcobra03 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need some feedback

As a LEO I have dealt with many of these situations. Don’t feel like you’re alone on this one. I have found that way too many people have this entitlement problem which they pass along to their children. They or their demon spawn are never responsible for anything. This was never the case when I was a child. If the neighbor said I did something it wasn’t a matter of whether I did it or not, it was why I did it. Not anymore. Now it’s always “Little Johnny would never do that” despite the fact that I caught him red handed. Anyway what you have done so far is fine, you’ve tried to handle it civil now you need to ramp it up. Any balls, toys or other items left in or around your property have become “abandoned property”. I would start by seizing said property any chance I could and donating it to some needy people as others has said. Obviously these kids don’t need it, they left it on your property. Also I would contact your HOA if nothing else just to see what if anything they can do. If you must go in to the legal realm I would do it as a last resort. I would document every time they are on your property and any damage that they cause. I would also send them a certified letter advising them that they are hereby banned from entering your property for any reason and any violation of that will be met with prosecution. This way it’s documented that they were warned. You will need to show this if it went as far as court. That being said you’re going to have a hard time going after these kids criminally due to their age, but the cops showing up might just be enough to scare them.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:02 AM   #42
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

It would be just terrible if one of his kids' baseballs went through his truck's window.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #43
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
It would be just terrible if one of his kids' baseballs went through his truck's window.
lol..............I vote for this. They will NEVER fess up!
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #44
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

All good info. I really have nothing more to add. I can sympathize with the yard of weeds neighbor though. 2 years ago when we moved in his yard was dirt and weeds. i started applying weed-n-feed, fertilizer and seed to his yard for him. He has grass now. Not golf course quality, but better than weeds.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #45
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Trespassing Warrant on the kids. They have no legality to be on your property. Whatever of theirs touches your property, I would move it into the garage and tell them that their father can pick it up.

Small claims court for damages they have committed and additional small claims courts for whatever you can think of. He'll have to take time out to go to court and that's a pain. If you are in a HOA, start making noise there.

Start being their nightmare. The father is not someone you want to hang around with, so let him feel the pain.
Solid advice here. It's painfully obvious by now that this problem isn't going to correct itself dealing with him man-to-man (since you've given him numerous opportunities to do so), so it's time to get outside authority entities involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
If you get a hold of the soccer ball just put a knife to it.
Actually did this last year to, "that neighbor" next door to us. After multiple times of hit and run by his heathens, I took the ball over and again asked if he would kindly remind his kids to respect others property. He again said that he didn't know what I was talking about and that his kids were doing no such thing and that wasn't their ball. I apologized for being mistaken, pulled out my Kershaw and mutilated the ball in front of him. No more problems the rest of the summer (at least with errant toys hitting the house/vehicles that is).
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #46
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Too much probability of hurting an innocent puppy.
Now, on the roof, with a rifle, a bottle of Jack Daniels and a stainless steel jockstrap to hold in the titanium bursting balls? Genius. And there is the opportunity to air your grievances to the neighborhood while getting some sun.
Alittle late here but alittle training i had told me your safe here. personnel landmines are set to go off when the weight of a person steps on them(80lbs or so minimum). So unless someones own a saint bernard youll be good mine field it up
Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #47
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

For those "recommending" escalated personal confrontation, it would be wise to remember little kids/heathens/ankle biters/reprobates/urchins grow into teenagers. Teenagers without proper guidance are known to do nasty things to property owned by people they dislike under the cover of darkness.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #48
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
For those "recommending" escalated personal confrontation, it would be wise to remember little kids/heathens/ankle biters/reprobates/urchins grow into teenagers. Teenagers without proper guidance are known to do nasty things to property owned by people they dislike under the cover of darkness.
Not if there is a mine field everyone is scared of mine fields.

and alittle bit of this