Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
dkummerle

Default Decent every day smokes

Hi,

I love a great cigar as much as anybody. Personally I enjoy a larger gauge, medium bodied cigar including Diesel Gordo's & Churchill (6x60, 7x58), and the Alec Braddley Maxx (The Curve - torpedo). But while these are outstanding cigars, I consider them treats since they are $3-$4 a stick.
I'm always on the lookout for something good in taste, similar in size but only $1-$2 per stick. Cigars International has a decent cigars made by Rolando Reyes called Pirate's Gold, but these are inconsistent. I've also tried the Carbon Copies sold at BestCigarPrices.com which are also decent. In both cases I've found that the sticks are very inconsistent in taste and feel, and require TLC before they are smokable.
Does anyoine have suggestions as to what other brands may be worth a try? And where I can find them?

Thanks!
Dirk
Go Bruins
Old 06-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Decent every day smokes

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643 We have a cheap smokes thread, try poking around there.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643 We have a cheap smokes thread, try poking around there.
Beat me to it "Furious Fingers"
Old 06-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Beat me to it "Furious Fingers"
I prefer "post whore"
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I prefer "post whore"
Will discuss that later in banter.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Try the Oba Oba Robusto Maduro's from BCP they are cheap and good ROTT also try the Perdomo Fresh Rosado Cuban Wheel from CI also good and cheap!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
kneedragger

the famous smokes bundles are good I've had the nicaraguan 2000 they are that price in bundles of 20.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
dkummerle

I've seen the nicaraguan 2000 on Cigar Monster, but I didn't see very many reviews. Thanks for the heads up, I'll give them a try. Did you have the Maduro or Natural?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #9
dkummerle

Thanks for all the responses!! I'll give them shot. I'll also check out the cheap smoke's thread, I'm a newbie so please forgive my ignorance until I learn my way around this site...
Old 06-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough

You may want to try these, Rosa Cuba. These are under $25 a bundle but very great everyday cigar. I think they get better with some aging but thats just me. At $1.25 a stick its worth a try. I have been smoking these since the 1998 & always have at-least 3 bundles on hand. I always get them from JR Cigars, you should check them out. Just my

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?pa...ode=RCMF&/ROSA CUBA-MILLE FLEURS.html
Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #11
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

http://www.famous-smoke.com/

Is a well known online merchant. I'd poke around on there or even give them a call. I bet they'd be able to help you out. No relation to company...
Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #12
kneedragger

[quote=dkummerle;1287716]I've seen the nicaraguan 2000 on Cigar Monster, but I didn't see very many reviews. Thanks for the heads up, I'll give them a try. Did you have the Maduro or Natural?[/QUOTE

Natural. and thats where i picked them up. i was skeptical about them too cause of the lack of reviews, but the others all had good reviews and it ended up working out.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
scoot
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Pat
Trading: (0)
scoot is on a distinguished road

Not quite the size you're looking for, but the Gran Habano Vintage 2002s smoke far better than their $2.00 would lead you to believe.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...m=CS-GAF&cat=3
scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #14
dkummerle

The Gran Habano's are excellent cigars, thanks. I just picked up 2 - 5 packs of the Maxx's by Alec Braddley at Famous-Smoke.com. It came out to a $3.6 per stick with shipping...good deal. hey have a few other good deals too...

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/5..._content=5for3
Old 06-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

It's helpful to remember one thing, however...if you could MAKE a decent 2 dollar cigar in this world, the ones you find
would not be nearly as 5hi++y as they are. You have to come up to at least 3 dollars before you can begin to enjoy
what you spent your money on. Once you accept this you will stop looking for the elusive 2 dollar Cohiba taste-
alike. You can find some decent burning cigars out there for 2 bucks, but I would doubt pretty seriously if you will
ever be satisfied with the taste. Zino Davidoff said it best, and I paraphrase...."Smoke fewer but better cigars."
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote