Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #21
BrokenSkeg

Default Re: Acid? Whut?

One of my dealer friends said that she liked the Blondie Acids and I should try one. Well I had never heard of an Acid before that so I bought one. Stuck it in my mouth and immediately spit the lil sucker out.

I didn't know it tasted so much like my ex-wife. Dang! Not enough listerine in the world to remove that taste. I felt that I had cheated on my current wife. I had to go back in and find a Ghurka to remove the flavored scent from my truck.

Needless to say, I don't follow that dealer's advice anymore. I'll stick to my regulars! Eeeewww...

Old 05-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #22
sodomanaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenSkeg View Post
One of my dealer friends said that she liked the Blondie Acids and I should try one. Well I had never heard of an Acid before that so I bought one. Stuck it in my mouth and immediately spit the lil sucker out.

I didn't know it tasted so much like my ex-wife. Dang! Not enough listerine in the world to remove that taste. I felt that I had cheated on my current wife. I had to go back in and find a Ghurka to remove the flavored scent from my truck.

Needless to say, I don't follow that dealer's advice anymore. I'll stick to my regulars! Eeeewww...

Eww Gurkha.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #23
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

First Name: Tanith
Trading: (26)
HdM
TanithT will become famous soon enoughTanithT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodomanaz View Post
Eww Gurkha.
I would rather smoke the worst Gurhkas they make (and I hear those can be pretty bad) than get my lips anywhere near a stick that smells like it has been marinated in a combination of cheap perfume and Vicks VaporRub. I think they must have stuck these in my grandma for extra flavor. And it was pretty rude of them to dig her up for that purpose.
TanithT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #24
AriesOpusX
Goodfella

Trading: (0)
AriesOpusX is on a distinguished road

I don't regularly smoke flavored cigars or keep any in my humidor but after a few beers with the guys they can taste pretty good.
AriesOpusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #25
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesOpusX View Post
I don't regularly smoke flavored cigars or keep any in my humidor but after a few beers with the guys they can taste pretty good.
After that many beers, this would probably taste good.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #26
lightning9191
I think I'm normal...

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (8)
lightning9191 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanithT View Post
I think they must have stuck these in my grandma for extra flavor. And it was pretty rude of them to dig her up for that purpose.
I'd like to congratulate you on posting the most disturbing thing I've read on the internet today.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:51 AM   #27
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sodomanaz....why do I have such interesting and yet deeply disturbing mental images when I see your screen name?
You're a naughty girl!!

Thrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:54 AM   #28
adampc22

Quote:
I made the mistake of sniffing one, and I had to suspect that they have either found a way to mass produce Monica Lewinskis using 80 year old grandmas who bathe in arthritis cream, or somebody let a cat into the humidor who had been chewing on salted mackerel livers and drinking huge amounts of water out of an unflushed toilet.

I remember years back a truly horrid cigar produced for the "skater punk" subculture that smelled almost exactly like this, the Lars Tetens. I have to suspect it's the same maker. Some kindly soul needs to write them and let them know that the big white mints harvested fresh and dripping wet from public urinals are not, in fact, the best humidifiers for your long term cigar storage.

I did not dare smoke it. I put it down slowly and backed out of the humidor. For all I know it was contagious and I am already doomed. But for the love of Ghu, will someone please explain what these people were thinking? Eau de Ben Gay and chemical toilet with the subtle nuttiness of used cat litter is *not* a good cigar flavor. They did this to those cigars on purpose?
lars tetens is the guy that makes gorrila fingers i think
Old 05-22-2009, 06:11 AM   #29
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

I tried a sampler of the line when I started smoking cigars. There was one that wasn't too bad. If you want to try something from Drew Estates that is the opposite of the Acid try a Liga Privada #9 - an excellent smoke!

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:14 AM   #30
BigBruce
Independent

Trading: (4)
Bolivar Army (Active)
BigBruce will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
De gustibus non est disputandum. I don't like them, but our troops love 'em. They actually ask for them by name. So, whatever.......
When I was distributing cigars in Afghan everyone wanted flavored cigars. I sent a box to a small team site and was surprised with what I got back via text message. The box I sent them had a lot of premium smokes. It even had a box of 5 vegas and rocky patel. The text said next time can you send some flavored cigars. So I did the only thing I could do I called Fred and posted up here . I even had to get a special cooler for them. Didn't want them ruining the good smokes
Old 05-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #31
GodOfFire
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jackie
Trading: (10)
GodOfFire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I made the mistake of sniffing one, and I had to suspect that they have either found a way to mass produce Monica Lewinskis using 80 year old grandmas who bathe in arthritis cream, or somebody let a cat into the humidor who had been chewing on salted mackerel livers and drinking huge amounts of water out of an unflushed toilet.

I remember years back a truly horrid cigar produced for the "skater punk" subculture that smelled almost exactly like this, the Lars Tetens. I have to suspect it's the same maker. Some kindly soul needs to write them and let them know that the big white mints harvested fresh and dripping wet from public urinals are not, in fact, the best humidifiers for your long term cigar storage.

I did not dare smoke it. I put it down slowly and backed out of the humidor. For all I know it was contagious and I am already doomed. But for the love of Ghu, will someone please explain what these people were thinking? Eau de Ben Gay and chemical toilet with the subtle nuttiness of used cat litter is *not* a good cigar flavor. They did this to those cigars on purpose?
GodOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #32
GodOfFire
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jackie
Trading: (10)
GodOfFire is on a distinguished road

Another note worth pointing out is this....

Acids bring in a lot of brand new smokers to this hobby of ours and that is a GREAT thing. I am working on making it a personal venture to get as many to slide down the slope as I can!

By the way, I have yet to taste one. I can't bring myself to do it. Mainly because of the smell they have I truly fear it would taste like spraying bad cologne in my mouth.

Jackie
GodOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #33
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrak View Post
You're a naughty girl!!
Yeah, but you're that guy who has to carry what's left of his hoo-hah-dilly around in a bucket after having a truly unfortunate run-in with a hungry crocodile on a beach in Phuket. That is how the limerick goes, right?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #34
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road

Something like that

Depends on the version...
Thrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #35
jbo57

I like SOME DE products and they put out a good cigar. However, I smoked an Acid once and felt like I was smoking a stick of incense...never again. However, you like what you like and you ought to smoke what you like.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #36
Drazzil
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: David
Trading: (31)
RyJ
Drazzil will become famous soon enough

I got started on acids. I cant smoke em now in days. Although the Drew Estate Tabak Especial, Cafe con Leche does look oddly delicious.
Drazzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #37
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

This thread may amuse you,......
Old 05-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #38
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Very funny Michael!!! I am laughing on the inside, because I started with Acids...LOL!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #39
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

HdM

Volt - suuuuure, I'm in. If nothing else it will be fodder for a freaking hilarious review post.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #40
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Never tried an Acid, but the Drew Estate La Vieja Habana Connecticuts are very good IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnukfu View Post
I tried a sampler of the line when I started smoking cigars. There was one that wasn't too bad. If you want to try something from Drew Estates that is the opposite of the Acid try a Liga Privada #9 - an excellent smoke!
Both of these are favorites of mine, as well as the Chateau Real line. Drew DOES make some very good regular cigars. The LVH line also includes a corojo wrapper and a african cameroon wrapper that I like better than the connie.

I personally like the Tabak Especial Colada cigars from DE; I occasionally smoke them on the way to work in the morning. They have just a slight coffee flavor - not overpowering like the Java. About a 25 - 30 minute smoke.

Both of my sons started on Acids - the oldest has graduated to real sticks now, but the 24 y/o still likes a Kuba-Kuba or Blondie instead of a cigarette once in a while... YMMV...