Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation
Default hotsauceworld.com=Fraud

so I placed an order with hotsauceworld.com earlier in the week. Didn't hear anything from them so I emailed them yesterday. They told me that one of the hot sauces were on back order so I told them to send me a different one.

They replied back with a next day air tracking number that was fake.

So................I have to go into the bank on monday to dispute the charges.

I have reported the fradulent site to yahoo.com as they are hosting them.

I have also found the phone number for the person that rents the building they run out of. I will be calling them to see if they actually rent a room from them.

After some research on the BBB I have found that I'm not the first one this has happened to. Yet this site remains up and running..............

Don't buy from hotsauceworld.com!
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hotsauceworld.com=Fraud

Assholes.
If you can find them, make sure you call the local cops, as well. Odds are they won't be able to do anything, but I've had great success stopping online robbers by sending the cops for a visit. It makes things very real very fast for them.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I have found that "tracking" numbers often take days to come "on-line", and sometimes register as "no record" right up until delivery. With somer services they are actually a "delivery confirmaton" number and not truly a tracking number. What day did they send the number, and with what delivery service? Have you checked the number again today?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

He said Next Day Air, T. I'm guessing it should have showed a couple days ago, hence the "fake" designation.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I have found that "tracking" numbers often take days to come "on-line", and sometimes register as "no record" right up until delivery. With some services they are actually a "delivery confirmation" number and not truly a tracking number. What day did they send the number, and with what delivery service? Have you checked the number again today?
Well, I tried to take that into account.

It was UPS. I ship with UPS at work all the time so I know the tracking number can take a bit to show up.

They sent me that tracking number yesterday afternoon. Usually overnight, more times than not something will update on the tracking number.

I contacted UPS about the number and they said that if it was a next day air, something should have showed up with that tracking number by now.

Based on the reviews of the BBB. I'm assuming I have been taken.

http://www.bbb.org/boston/Business-R...163/complaints

Wished I would have found those reviews before I ordered.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
He said Next Day Air, T. I'm guessing it should have showed a couple days ago, hence the "fake" designation.
In a different thread, Scott?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Well, you have set your agenda for the bank on Monday...but I would not be shocked if the tracking number shows up before then. Keep us posted.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
smitty81
Have My Own Room

let me clarify something. I ordered a couple days ago and got no response so I contacted them. They told me yesterday that they were holding the order to wait on the back ordered stuff. I told them to swap it out and they told me they would ship it out via next day air as of yesterday. So I ordered a few days ago but it wasn't "SHIPPED" until yesterday.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Well, you have set your agenda for the bank on Monday...but I would not be shocked if the tracking number shows up before then. Keep us posted.
I sure hope so Tom but based on the complaints on the BBB site, I'm guessing I have been taken.

One of the first people on there to post a complaint has said that they gave him a tracking number too. Got nothing and they wont respond to emails.

Did I mention the phone number on the website isn't even a working number?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Many companies hold "back orders" and don't immediately notify customers....I am not saying that is good business, I don't like when I have to send multiple e-mais to find that out, as I think they should e-mail the customer immediately. What I am saying is it happens often, just as they might take a couple days to fulfill a amended order. Not saying it's good business practice, just saying that calling it fraud the day after that were going to ship it might be a little premature.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #11
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty81 View Post
I sure hope so Tom but based on the complaints on the BBB site, I'm guessing I have been taken.

One of the first people on there to post a complaint has said that they gave him a tracking number too. Got nothing and they wont respond to emails.

Did I mention the phone number on the website isn't even a working number?
I guess that's a lot more evidence, but I hope you get taken care of either way.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
so I placed an order with hotsauceworld.com earlier in the week. Didn't hear anything from them so I emailed them yesterday. They told me that one of the hot sauces were on back order so I told them to send me a different one.

They replied back with a next day air tracking number that was fake.

So................I have to go into the bank on monday to dispute the charges.

I have reported the fradulent site to yahoo.com as they are hosting them.

I have also found the phone number for the person that rents the building they run out of. I will be calling them to see if they actually rent a room from them.

After some research on the BBB I have found that I'm not the first one this has happened to. Yet this site remains up and running..............

Don't buy from hotsauceworld.com!
Quote:
In a different thread, Scott?
Naw, I bolded it for you.
Now that he gave some more info, it's probably a bit jump-the-gunnish. I was imagining Monday or Tuesday as "earlier in the week".
Old 04-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Naw, I bolded it for you.
Now that he gave some more info, it's probably a bit jump-the-gunnish. I was imagining Monday or Tuesday as "earlier in the week".
Maby so but with all the previous complaints on the BBB saying that they were also taken and with a non working telephone number to reach the company.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Maby so but with all the previous complaints on the BBB saying that they were also taken and with a non working telephone number to reach the company.
I think I understand the whole story now, Smitty. You kinda coughed it up a piece at a time. That makes it tough on this side, ya know?
I sure hope it works out. I saw that it's holding up your pass.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #15
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Quote:
I think I understand the whole story now, Smitty. You kinda coughed it up a piece at a time. That makes it tough on this side, ya know?
I sure hope it works out. I saw that it's holding up your pass.
yea, I didn't lay it out there to well. Sorry bout that.

Yea, it is holding up my pass. I think I may be getting somewhere with it though.......I have been doing detective work all morning and found a phone number. Not to the company but to the people that rent the building to them.