Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #2361
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Photography Thread

Last group of David

IMG_4353 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

IMG_4348 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

IMG_4347 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

IMG_4346 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

IMG_4345 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 04-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #2362
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Main Street Bridge

IMG_4336 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

IMG_4335 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

Police working traffic duty for the 1 Spark event

IMG_4319 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

1 Spark Lounge

IMG_4311 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

The Jail AKA "Work"

IMG_4379 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 04-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #2363
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

I went and did it! ODO strikes again....A Nikon D90 for something like 380 bucks..... I'll still hang on to my D100 though, I'll probably do side by side comparisons of their performance. I still love my little Panasonic though. That one's a keeper until it croaks.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #2364
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Brad, did u see the pix? No? look up

P.S. Keh is very very conservative in there ratings.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #2365
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

OH GOD NO!! Don't be like ME!.....Ron, it NEVER STOPS! I had such hopes for you.

I know you like em pristine, and $389-399 is about the going rate for top notch level D90s,
so you certainly didn't get RIPPED off or anything. I give Ado all the credit in the world for
conservative and fair estimations of condition. Not sure where you go yours, but man, are you
gonna love THAT camera.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #2366
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Oh yeah, Justin, I saw the pics, I just saw the bigger news at the end and gulped hard and
thought, 'That poor BASTARD!" Man is he on a slope now. I hope he survives.

As to the pics, I am intrigued by the concept, but you gave me too many. By the time
I got to the last one, my brain had numbed to the point where it was not able to see
them as "WOW, cool", and more of a deal where it's like the pizza slices...Two are great
and then when I have that 3rd and 4th or even 5th, it doesn't taste as good, lol.
I think they are great pics, though. I think my favorite is on this page, the first or last
one in #2361. The bridge I like a lot, too. I like it any time someone goes out and makes
an effort to take pics and share them. That's why I like Flickr so much. I am a consumer,
I like to see stuff, feel the excitement of going out and trying to make the best pics you can
and sharing them. My saddest thing about it though is having to drop out of two groups this
week, the canon S5 IS group and the Nikon D50 group. I hate it, I just hate it. But maybe my
sister will join the D50 group. I told my sister that I flat out refuse to be a camera HOARDER.
I might be a purchasing glutton, but I have whittled that kit down severely to where I was
looking in my Canon bag and thinking, "that's all the lenses I have?" lol
Old 04-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #2367
OLS
Suck It

The bridges pics.... I went back and looked at them, and the longer you stare at them
the better they get. This is about my favorite use of a camera. To be somewhere when
someone else is paying for the electricity, and giving you this great look at something, and
you can take your camera and set it up for a long exposure and make something so
beautiful. It makes you want to go out every night and find something else to shoot.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #2368
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Brad, did u see the pix? No? look up

P.S. Keh is very very conservative in there ratings.
It's funny, the only thing about KEH that I noticed in the 3 times I have visited is that they don't
seem to discount to the level I was looking for at the time. I want to STEAL stuff, now, haha.
But it is good to know that they are also very fair, since when you pay ANY money for a thing
you want to be happy with the purchase, even if you were slumming for the cheapest price
possible. And I think I have said this before, but I have to thank you for Adorama.
When you and I first started talking about cameras here, you told me they were better than B&H,
but my mind was comparing one thing and not what ended up being the most important thing TO ME.

On new gear, none of the best ones are 'the best'. But on USED GEAR, Adorama SMOKES B&H.
Just beats the crap out of em. Not only do you get a better price, but you get a much more detailed
description of what is 'wrong' with the item at Ado. You can make an informed decision and
act or not. At B&H you get that vague number code, which is adequate from a fairness point of view,
but any number of things could be behind a low rating and you don't know what it is. I guess you
could CALL them, lol. I just like to order stuff impersonally...if I have to bit(h, I'll do THAT on the phone, haha.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #2369
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
The bridges pics.... I went back and looked at them, and the longer you stare at them
the better they get. This is about my favorite use of a camera. To be somewhere when
someone else is paying for the electricity, and giving you this great look at something, and
you can take your camera and set it up for a long exposure and make something so
beautiful. It makes you want to go out every night and find something else to shoot.
Thanks. Next time ill set it to a lower ISO and longer shutter. I think those bridge shots were at 400iso because that's the film speed in my camera. This way I could find what works with the dslr and mirror that with te film. Metering a scene like that is hard, especially when the 35mms meter is not as good. I had to MF this scene with the 35mm cuz the AF isn't too good at night.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #2370
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

David came up to me and wanted to see the shots I got of him. Them he moved closer and spun just for me to get pictures. I got his email and I'm going to send them to him.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #2371
OLS
Suck It

OH, that was the Film camera eh? The Elan. I am not sure you said that in the post.
That is interesting. In that case, the pics are even better. That shizzle is hard to pull off
without years and years of experience with film. Nice work on that. Not sure you will ever
find a working relationship between ISO and ISO, but if the experiment yields any kind of
baseline comparison and you take good notes, it will still be helpful to you.

Hell, I thought you just set up the old 60D and fired off a bunch of timed exposures til
you got something you liked. That makes it double nice work.

For the fire, you know what would be cool....lay down on the ground a lot closer and shoot
upwards. Sure, it's a little dangerous, haha.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #2372
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

No that was the dslr. I shot some with the film too though. Film roll is still in the élan. Haven't used it up yet
However I think those were the only two I attempted with the 60d so I nailed it. With the film I bracketed what I got with the dslr. Shot the same settings then up a lil and down a lol on the exposure
Old 04-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #2373
OLS
Suck It

Good thinking.....an expensive light meter, though, lol. But it has a lens!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #2374
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Yeh haha.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #2375
OLS
Suck It

You know, looking back at the pics, I never stopped to realize how good the cops on bikes pic was either.
That's a night shot more or less, and it looks really good.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #2376
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

The cop pic was taken handheld.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #2377
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
The cop pic was taken handheld.
Excellent job on all of them! I wish I had everything set up when I watched the fire knife demos in Hawaii in 2010 at the Polynesian Cultural Center (harmless plug for them, lol!) I was just learning about my Panasonic cam at the time and wasn't able to pull off anything like what you posted here (no tripod, it was in an amphitheater type setting, so I probably couldn't have set up a tripod in the aisle anyways, kinda blown away by the whole live show, etc.)
Old 04-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #2378
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Thanks Ron.
Well ill catch you guys in a week. Cruise tomorrow thru Thursday. Not gonna pay what they want on the ship for Internet haha.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #2379
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Here are some more D100 shots:

Old 04-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #2380
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot