Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 01-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #1
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about
Default WoW (world of warcraft)

Hate to admit it, but im hooked. I logged onto my blizzard account to download warcraft 3 FT cause i had an itch for some custom maps. Low and behold they decided to give me a free week of game time on WoW... we all know thats like giving crack to an addict trying to quit. We all know what happened next, no need to go into detail as im still butt hurt about the fact im hooked again.

If there are any other WoW'ers out there, what servers are you guys?

Got an 80hunter (turkeymebiot) on anvilmar and a 70DK as my farming toon.
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Re: WoW (world of warcraft)

Mr.T makes world of warcraft look good

Old 01-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

i bet Mr. T would roll a horde toon.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
DougBushBC

I am unforunately a three time relapser. I have quit the game for 6 months at a time twice now, my first character started in 2004 in WoW Beta.

I have an 80 Troll Rogue on Lightning's Blade, an 80 Tauren Shaman on LB, and am now working on a 75 Draenai Warrior on Korgath.

I quit between each character. THe better half doesn't like it too much.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
I am unforunately a three time relapser. I have quit the game for 6 months at a time twice now, my first character started in 2004 in WoW Beta.

I have an 80 Troll Rogue on Lightning's Blade, an 80 Tauren Shaman on LB, and am now working on a 75 Draenai Warrior on Korgath.

I quit between each character. THe better half doesn't like it too much.
lol i have also quit multiple times.

First time was when my hunter was at 46 pre BC. Came back after wotlk was out got to 80 then i quit right as ToC came out and now im back.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

I started in TBC with a troll hunter on firetree, got all teh way to high end game stuff.. LK came out, got burnt out by the time hunter was 77 so quit. Recently got started back on an alliance server and got a druid to 80. Me, Poe, Xcytez and Goldngt all play on blackhand.
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #7
GoldnGT
Hibbidy Jibbidy

First Name: Michael
Trading: (2)
PL
GoldnGT is on a distinguished road

I started in vanilla back in 05 i think it was. I'm was playing a horde priest on Firetree, then I took a year off when i was getting married, in dec 08.. just started back up recently about 2 months ago... playing an alliance priest on blackhand.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #8
BFallehy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brian
Trading: (12)
RA
BFallehy will become famous soon enough

I will admit to this aswell.

I started playign WoW in 2005 shortly after the launch and played for about a year or so then quit for a while. I got back into it at the start of BC with a bunch of friends. We all started new characters on a new server and leveled up together. Now I have 2 lvl 80 characters, a mage and paladin, and I don't see myself quiting anytime soon. I just have too many friends who I play with, yes real life friends.
BFallehy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
chenvt
Duck the Futch!!!

Trading: (23)
chenvt will become famous soon enough

Ungh never going back.. By the time I quit (before the first expansion), I had a NE rogue in 2.5/3 gear with two of those pine tree looking swords, a NE druid in full Tier 2 (tanking through the lava level just for shits and giggles), and dwarf priest in Tier 1/2 shadow gear for PvP/dps.. Oh and a 19 undead PvP twink and a 60 tauren shaman.. Ran raids nightly, and farmed inbetween. Total game clock time over the course of 1.5 years? 143 days.. Granted a lot of that was me using fishing macros at night, but still..

I saw the WoW South Park episode when it came out and a day later, put my account for sale on fleabay at a Buy it Now of $500 (estimated value was probably more around $1k) and it sold in 2 minutes.. Since then, every time I get the itch to go back, I watch that South Park episode
chenvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
duckmanco
Can't stop whats coming

Location: that forsaken stretch of wood they call Whiskey Grove
Trading: (10)
duckmanco is on a distinguished road

got to admit, this is making me chuckle a bit.... you guys sound like smokers who can't seem to shake it, is the game that bad (or good depending)???

Reading this both makes me want to avoid it and start in equal parts..
Old 01-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #11
BFallehy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brian
Trading: (12)
RA
BFallehy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenvt View Post
Ungh never going back.. By the time I quit (before the first expansion), I had a NE rogue in 2.5/3 gear with two of those pine tree looking swords, a NE druid in full Tier 2 (tanking through the lava level just for shits and giggles), and dwarf priest in Tier 1/2 shadow gear for PvP/dps.. Oh and a 19 undead PvP twink and a 60 tauren shaman.. Ran raids nightly, and farmed inbetween. Total game clock time over the course of 1.5 years? 143 days.. Granted a lot of that was me using fishing macros at night, but still..

I saw the WoW South Park episode when it came out and a day later, put my account for sale on fleabay at a Buy it Now of $500 (estimated value was probably more around $1k) and it sold in 2 minutes.. Since then, every time I get the itch to go back, I watch that South Park episode
I love that South Park episode.

See I have a built in way to keep me from playing too much, and that is a girlfriend who will use threats of physical violence if I don't turn off the computer and spend time with her.
BFallehy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #12
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

you all are a bunch of R-TARDS!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #13
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Always been interested in the game, but refuse to let myself play in fear of getting hooked. I already play MW2 enough... This would be overkill!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #14
mariogolbee

I have an addictive personality so I won't touch this game. I have a friend who would leave his security post unattended while nobody was there in the middle of the night, drive 30 minutes back home where he lived with his grandmother, sneak in through his bedroom window so she wouldn't know, play WoW, and return to work before shift change. He did this nearly every work night. I think he was 30 at the time. The game has consumed him so badly that he calls and associates with nobody.

By the way. He moved back to his grandmother's because his addiction to the game defeated the relationship with his girlfriend of 6 years with whom he lived.

I don't touch this game. I know I'd love it too much.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:31 AM   #15
DougBushBC

Quote:
First time was when my hunter was at 46 pre BC. Came back after wotlk was out got to 80 then i quit right as ToC came out and now im back.
Basically the same quit timeline as me. I quit immediately pre-BC with mostly 2.5/3 gear on my rogue, was one of the early raiders in 40Naxx. Came back 2 weeks before LK came out, powerleveled the shaman in 2 weeks to 70, and then blasted to 80 to start raiding (a few server firsts, world top50 Glory of the Raider/Immortal). Quit after taking down Yogg Saron very early in progression. Just rejoined a few weeks ago, leveling my Warrior is a blast.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #16
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

thats what i should roll next.. a shammy!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
chenvt
Duck the Futch!!!

Trading: (23)
chenvt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
thats what i should roll next.. a shammy!
paladins ftw.. nothing says loving like pre-nerf bubbles!
chenvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #18
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough

I've been clean for about 18 months now. It is an addiction, and I decided there were other things I preferred to do with my life than stare at a computer screen. So now I stare at a TV screen
Old 01-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #19
Gargoyle
Got Coffee?

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (7)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
Gargoyle will become famous soon enough

Been addicted many times. I'm Horde on Burning Legion (pvp) and catch grief from my wife every time I log on. She doesn't get it that you can't just step away from the computer at a moments notice when you are in an instance run or have a bunch of evil Allies lurking nearby.

My character names are Graycliff, Fuente, Padron, Oliva, Tatuaje, Partagas, Perdomo, Macanudo and Fonseca.

Sounds like I suffer from multiple addictions.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #20
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

i think pally tanks are way to OP right now...pre ICC i ran with a pally tank who pulled 6.5k dps on patch.. as a tank... in a 10man.. wtf? also one of THE BEST tanks i've ever run with. as a hunter my feign death button is literally a life saver.. didn't use it once that run.