Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Trading: (26)
Partagas
KenS has a spectacular aura aboutKenS has a spectacular aura about
Default Mobile Stogie moving to new owner!

Good news for Mobile Stogie fans!

I have reached agreement to transfer ownership of the Mobile Stogie iPhone app to Colin Ganley. This is really good news for users of the app, as I have not had time to properly update and grow the app for several months. My family and I have moved from Michigan to Seattle Washington, which has dominated my time recently (new home, new jobs for my wife and I, and all of the upheaval that comes with such a move).

Colin is a real 'cigar guy', really involved in the cigar world, and he has some great ideas for enhancing and growing the app beyond what I could do anytime soon. He runs a website called "Cigar Research", where you can find more info about him.

I really look forward to the improvements that Colin will make, and will continue to work with him to make this as seamless as possible. Nothing will change for current users of the app. The website will continue to support the app properly, etc.

He asked me to be sure to pass along some points from his perspective (direct quote from his email to me):
Quote:
1. current users will remain able to use the app to its fullest and will continue to be able
2. plans exist to expand the database to include more cigar information
3. I have always been very impressed with your app and all the work you put into it and I hope to carry the torch and only improve it in the future.
Lastly, my thanks to the CA members that have helped and supported me in getting the app built originally. I could not have done it without your help .
Old 09-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Stogie moving to new owner!

Is Colin a member of CA Ken?
Old 09-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Is Colin a member of CA Ken?
Not sure, but I suggested to him that he sign on and introduce himself. He is also involved in the European Cigar Cult Journal ... so clearly very involved in the cigar business.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
Samsquanch
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (21)
ERdM
Samsquanch will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS View Post
My family and I have moved from Michigan to Seattle Washington
First off, I enjoy the app Ken, you did a great job with it and I'm looking forward to further improvements. Second, where in Seattle do you live? I live in the Capitol Hill area.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsquanch View Post
First off, I enjoy the app Ken, you did a great job with it and I'm looking forward to further improvements. Second, where in Seattle do you live? I live in the Capitol Hill area.
Actually, we are a few miles north, in Edmonds ... but my office is in the heart of downtown. Once we get things a little more settled, I'll need to start figuring out places to smoke, and who is around to herf with
Old 09-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
Samsquanch
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (21)
ERdM
Samsquanch will become famous soon enough

Where is your office? I work in the Westin office building at 6th and Virginia. If we can squeeze another couple days of sunshine out of summer, we should grab an outdoor lunch and quick herf.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsquanch View Post
Where is your office? I work in the Westin office building at 6th and Virginia. If we can squeeze another couple days of sunshine out of summer, we should grab an outdoor lunch and quick herf.
Now there is a plan! I'm at 6th and Union, so only about 5 blocks away
Old 09-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
Mirrorlure7m
Twitter: @Mirrorlure7m

First Name: Joel
Trading: (9)
Mirrorlure7m is on a distinguished road

KenS : Thank you for all your hard work and success of Mobile Stogie ! This is great news you passed the app to someone who truely cares . Colin is a great guy from the talks I have had with him and a the time I met him. Good things are coming!!!
Mirrorlure7m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #9
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the update Ken. I have really enjoyed your app and look forward to its future.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #10
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Thanks for all you have done Ken! Good luck ad don't forget us here on CA

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #11
SilverFox

Thanks for the heads up Ken..............this is by far the best cigar app out there.

Looking forward to seeing what happens from here.

Cross platform would be my next hope for it (syncing to Ipad, PC, Touch etc)

I love mobile stogie and have put plenty of others on to it.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #12
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
Thanks for the heads up Ken..............this is by far the best cigar app out there.

Looking forward to seeing what happens from here.

Cross platform would be my next hope for it (syncing to Ipad, PC, Touch etc)

I love mobile stogie and have put plenty of others on to it.
The best art of this is now I get to send in feature requests too! . I have way more ideas than I have time (or talent ) to implement.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #13
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough

I am hoping for something like this on Android.

Any plans to port to Android? It wont be long before Android overtakes iPhone... if it already hasn't happened.

There, I am done campaigning
CRIMPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #14
Doctorossi
Have My Own Room

Trading: (8)
Punch
Doctorossi will become famous soon enoughDoctorossi will become famous soon enough

Good deal! I'm a fan of Colin and I know he will do the app justice in the future.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #15
Research-Colin

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Thanks especially to Ken for making this great app! I haven't really told anyone about my buying this from Ken because I just want to focus on developing the app and not so much on the PR.

CRIMPS, I hear you loud and clear. I really want to bring this to Android because I think that the users of Android are already more than those of iPhone or they will be soon. I'll keep everyone informed as progress is made.

There should probably be a solid update made before the holidays so I'll keep my nose to the grindstone. Ken has told me about what he'd like to have updated and also what some others have suggested. Please let me know what you would like to see and I'll try my best.

Thanks,
Colin
Old 09-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #16
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

Ken
Glad to hear you passed on your awesome app to someone who really understands what the users are looking for.

Colin
After hearing you many times on Dogwatch and reading your pieces in Cigar journal I am sure you will bring this app forward. And when you move it forward to android for Gods sakes man please let there be a way to move my stuff on my Ipod over to my Android.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #17
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Nice to meet you Colin. I hear good things.

Like to see in the future...

The ability to add a marca or size that's not there and submit it to you for the masses.

Pictures! Pictures of cigars for vitola reference when searching or adding to humidor. Also the ability to add a box to the humidor or loose sticks and Take pictures of them with the phone.

Search feature using location to the nearest cigar store.

Humidor options like adding a field for temp and humidity.

Guess I can start with that. Let me know if any of that appeals to you.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:17 AM   #18
Research-Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
Nice to meet you Colin. I hear good things.

Like to see in the future...

The ability to add a marca or size that's not there and submit it to you for the masses.

Pictures! Pictures of cigars for vitola reference when searching or adding to humidor. Also the ability to add a box to the humidor or loose sticks and Take pictures of them with the phone.

Search feature using location to the nearest cigar store.

Humidor options like adding a field for temp and humidity.

Guess I can start with that. Let me know if any of that appeals to you.

I had a list in my mind and a couple email suggestions but I think it is time to make a proper document with all the possible changes. Thanks for the suggestions. These are headed to the doc. As is Ranger_B's suggestion about moving from platform to platform. Thanks RB.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #19
waffle
Who doesn't love Waffles?

First Name: Steve (Stephen)
Trading: (38)
waffle has a spectacular aura aboutwaffle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research-Colin View Post
I had a list in my mind and a couple email suggestions but I think it is time to make a proper document with all the possible changes. Thanks for the suggestions. These are headed to the doc. As is Ranger_B's suggestion about moving from platform to platform. Thanks RB.
I'm +1 the android app. I loved this app but didn't want to keep my iphone... so now I'm appless ....
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #20
johnmoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS View Post
Good news for Mobile Stogie fans!

I have reached agreement to transfer ownership of the Mobile Stogie iPhone app to Colin Ganley. This is really good news for users of the app, as I have not had time to properly update and grow the app for several months. My family and I have moved from Michigan to Seattle Washington, which has dominated my time recently (new home, new jobs for my wife and I, and all of the upheaval that comes with such a move).

Colin is a real 'cigar guy', really involved in the cigar world, and he has some great ideas for enhancing and growing the app beyond what I could do anytime soon. He runs a website called "Cigar Research", where you can find more info about him.

I really look forward to the improvements that Colin will make, and will continue to work with him to make this as seamless as possible. Nothing will change for current users of the app. The website will continue to support the app properly, etc.

He asked me to be sure to pass along some points from his perspective (direct quote from his email to me):

Lastly, my thanks to the CA members that have helped and supported me in getting the app built originally. I could not have done it without your help .
Sweet, the guy who created MobileStogie...I freaking love this app. Glad to see it will continue and get even better...Thanks for the update.