Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 12-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #881
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread

My new Crawford finally came today! I am so pleased with it. Pictures just don't really do it justice. It's exactly what I wanted and the craftsmanship is simply exquisite. I am getting ready to load a bowl of Haddo's to see how it smokes. So awesome!

ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #882
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Neil and Brian, really great looking pipes

Brian - what material is the ring? Was that bamboo?
Old 12-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #883
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
Neil and Brian, really great looking pipes

Brian - what material is the ring? Was that bamboo?
It's some sort of wood. I forget. It's not bamboo though. I'll find out and update the thread.
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #884
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

Great looking pipe Brian
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #885
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbriar View Post
Jerry -

Congrats on the big score!!!

Does your B & M ship? If so, would you mind sending the name of the place? Love to finally get hands on those two Esoterica blends! Always been favorites and are hard to come by, as Mark said!

Thx -

RR

BTW, nice pipes, I like the faux horn (so it looks) stem.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #886
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbriar View Post
Jerry -

Congrats on the big score!!!

Does your B & M ship? If so, would you mind sending the name of the place? Love to finally get hands on those two Esoterica blends! Always been favorites and are hard to come by, as Mark said!

Thx -

RR
Rob, I am geographically centered between two JR Cigar outlets. Unfortunate for my credit card. JR has proven to be my most dependable B&M for HTF cigars and pipe goodies. Both carry quite a unique selection now; much different than years back. They have most Padron, Illusione, Tats, LP, Fuente, etc. Every so often they get in JFGermain tobaccos too. I'm not sure if they inventory that stuff on their website as I don't ever check it.

The one in Selma has a few tins of Balkan Sobranie and one Margate left as of last week. The bulk bags of Esoterica went pretty quick though. The manager there told me they got in three bags. I bought the last one. If I see more I intend on picking them up and offering them here. Burlington was cleaned out of everything but Margate, though they advertised Stonhaven and Penzance on their in-store marquee...
Old 12-16-2014, 11:27 PM   #887
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
It's some sort of wood. I forget. It's not bamboo though. I'll find out and update the thread.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:53 AM   #888
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

First Name: Neil
Trading: (26)
Partagas
nutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nice

So on the same day. Christmas gift form Neil to Neil. At least he knew what Neil wanted....

From the other forum - an Invicata Briars POY 2014.
From 4noggins -
* 1985 MacBaren and a 2014 MacBaren Dark twist - will be the subject of a pipe smoking event here in the city (more to follow)
* GLP Tribute 2001.

Happy with the haul!!!

Old 12-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #889
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

No photos, but I scored some Esoterica Peacehaven; I got the last 2oz at Gold Leaf Tobacconist in Seabrook. It's the Margate with some aro topping. I haven't tried it yet, but I dying to. I also bought some more Barbary Coast. The proprietor told me that he used to stock all of the Esoterica line, but he couldn't move it, so he stopped buying so much. He did also say that he can special order pretty much anything. His prices are pretty decent; the 2oz of Peacehaven was only $14. The guy, himself is super helpful, super polite, totally nice guy.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #890
jjmitchem
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jim "Chappy"
Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
jjmitchem will become famous soon enoughjjmitchem will become famous soon enough

Just ordered a tin of McClelland Christmas Cheer 2014

20% discount code (winter) at Cigars International
Old 12-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #891
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
No photos, but I scored some Esoterica Peacehaven; I got the last 2oz at Gold Leaf Tobacconist in Seabrook. It's the Margate with some aro topping. I haven't tried it yet, but I dying to. I also bought some more Barbary Coast. The proprietor told me that he used to stock all of the Esoterica line, but he couldn't move it, so he stopped buying so much. He did also say that he can special order pretty much anything. His prices are pretty decent; the 2oz of Peacehaven was only $14. The guy, himself is super helpful, super polite, totally nice guy.
It turns out that the Peacehaven was only $9.00; I forgot that I also got some moistener buttons, too.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #892
badbriar

You people are really bad influences! Now, thanks to this forum, I'll likely to be sleeping in the carport with the dogs. Been stocking the cellar nicely with some seriously top notch pipe blends and the wifey just can't understand. In her view, I could not ever smoke this much pipe tobacco in a year. Silly woman - just doesn't understand the concept of collaring!
Old 12-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #893
badbriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
So on the same day. Christmas gift form Neil to Neil. At least he knew what Neil wanted....

From the other forum - an Invicata Briars POY 2014.
From 4noggins -
* 1985 MacBaren and a 2014 MacBaren Dark twist - will be the subject of a pipe smoking event here in the city (more to follow)
* GLP Tribute 2001.

Happy with the haul!!!

Better tell us what that Dark Twist is like! Never saw that tin before...some kind of Canadian conspiracy to make the Yanks jealous?
Old 12-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #894
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

Just got some Bishop's move and blend 44 from uhle's in Wisconsin.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #895
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

This came in the mail last week. The wife hasn't seen it, yet.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #896
The.Sheepdog
I Need More Pipes!

First Name: Bill
Trading: (0)
LGC AirForce (Disabled Vet)
The.Sheepdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This came in the mail last week. The wife hasn't seen it, yet.

You could always ry what I try. I just tell wifey that I have had it for a long time. I just dusted and polished it and it looks new! Hope it works!
The.Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #897
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog View Post
You could always ry what I try. I just tell wifey that I have had it for a long time. I just dusted and polished it and it looks new! Hope it works!
Too much detail makes her suspicious. Ya see, I'm kinda anal retentive, so everything I have looks pretty new. I have a 24yo Pioneer stereo that looks like I took it out of the box yesterday. Oh well, how long can she stay mad?

It's an Italian Viking and seriously, the fit and finish on this thing is excellent. I can't even feel the transition between the faux spigot and the stem or shank and a pipe cleaner goes through it very easily.

Last edited by Subvet642; 12-24-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:57 PM   #898
badbriar

Quote:
Too much detail makes her suspicious. Ya see, I'm kinda anal retentive, so everything I have looks pretty new. I have a 24yo Pioneer stereo that looks like I took it out of the box yesterday. Oh well, how long can she stay mad?
You're a goner! In the garage with you.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:24 PM   #899
The.Sheepdog
I Need More Pipes!

First Name: Bill
Trading: (0)
LGC AirForce (Disabled Vet)
The.Sheepdog is on a distinguished road

well a garage has to be at least as comfy as those older subs he spent so much time in! And he can then smoke in his office!
The.Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #900
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog View Post
well a garage has to be at least as comfy as those older subs he spent so much time in! And he can then smoke in his office!
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Whaddya mean "older subs"? The Kamehameha was a friggin' show boat in her day. When she was built, Hawaii gave the Navy a bunch of money for crew habitability and she was filled with chrome and teak wood. Besides, I don't have a garage.

Look at Her! Two Battle "E"s and two MUC's, Bad Ass!