Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about
Default Camacho Candela.....

First off, this puppy is GREEN! I don't mean green as in not properly aged but a freakin green wrapper! So I cut it with my mighty fine desktop catseye and sucked some air through it....I swear I taste pistacio, really. I commence to light it and I found a pretty different and unique smoke...somewhere between a mild and medium deal...grassy, slight nutty, and very lite spice on the front end leaving a natural organic feel in the mouth. A different treat and a new twist...they are pretty limited from what I understand so if you can't get your hands on one I may be able to help a brother out.
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
FriskyDingo
hoosierherfers.com

First Name: Evan
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
FriskyDingo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Camacho Candela.....

Ahhh, Candelas, the long lost wrapper. Used to be a very popular wrapper for cigars here in the US. I think Fuente still makes one as well!

Thanks for the review!

-= http://www.hoosierherfers.com =-
FriskyDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

They are one of the few Camachos I will never smoke again. And you are correct on the grassy flavor. Yuk.

A couple weeks ago I found a CI catalog from 2003 and there were many more candelas and connecticuts than you find in today's catalog.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Partagaspete
I Do Medical Things

Trading: (8)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Partagaspete is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
Ahhh, Candelas, the long lost wrapper. Used to be a very popular wrapper for cigars here in the US. I think Fuente still makes one as well!

Thanks for the review!
That is so true. That is what my granfather use to smoke and why I am not so inclinded to smoke them. His had a sickly aroma to them. Now my uncle smoked some nice smelling cigars. He died when I was like seven but I swear they must have been bolivar and partagas.

BTW I tried the AF version and though I was not disgusted I was just left unimpressed, yet willing try try again if I hear of a good one that comes out...maybe Tatuaje should market one LOL
Partagaspete is offline   Reply With Quote