Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-04-2023, 07:44 PM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Oliva Serie V Club Cigarillos

I am curious if anyone has smoked these? They are 3.8x22 and about 80 bucks for 100 at CA. I love Serie V's, but never had the cigarillos. The last couple years I rarely smoke a cigar all the way to the nub. I have bought a couple different cigarillos and like the fact they are 20 minutes and that's about right for my smoking lately. Thinking about pulling the trigger on some.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 07:54 PM   #2
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Oliva Serie V Club Cigarillos

What the heck, I have forgotten I get 10% off because of first responder so I ordered them. How bad can they be if they are Oliva?
Old 07-04-2023, 09:43 PM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I never had these, but I had the Oliva Viejo Mundo cigarillos. For a cigarillo those are pretty good, although I would never recommend a cigarillo to a cigar smoker as to me they are almost cigarettes
Old 07-05-2023, 08:20 AM   #4
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
I never had these, but I had the Oliva Viejo Mundo cigarillos. For a cigarillo those are pretty good, although I would never recommend a cigarillo to a cigar smoker as to me they are almost cigarettes
I don't inhale them, lol. I just had some cigarillos from a bomb way back in the day. I didn't smoke but a couple over the years. The last couple years I rarely smoke any cigar that is robusto or bigger all the way. I bought some Joya Reds in cigarillo several months ago and like them because they don't take an hour or more to smoke, which works out good for me.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:49 AM   #5
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Okay, so I got them and tried one right away. Not bad, but didn't seem to taste anything like a Serie V.
Old 07-09-2023, 10:34 AM   #6
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
Okay, so I got them and tried one right away. Not bad, but didn't seem to taste anything like a Serie V.
That's disappointing.
Old 07-09-2023, 12:20 PM   #7
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
That's disappointing.
I will give them some time in the humid and see what happens.
Old 08-06-2023, 01:04 AM   #8
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

They don't taste the same because they are dry-cured.
Old 08-06-2023, 07:30 AM   #9
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
They don't taste the same because they are dry-cured.
Thanks, I didn't know that or even what dry cured was, but now I do thanks to you.
Old 12-03-2023, 05:50 PM   #10
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Figured I would update this since it's been about 5 months since I bought these and have had a chance to smoke maybe 25 of them. They maybe do have a little Olive V flavor but not a lot. But they are pretty good short smokes anyway. I will probably buy more once these are gone. I also bought 100 of the the Joya Red cigarillo's as well. They are quite a bit bigger than the Oliva's and I like those pretty good too. Prolly buy the Joya Black and try those next time.
Old 12-04-2023, 07:32 AM   #11
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

I had a long term assignment once which required living in a no smoking hotel. I really liked the Partagas Black Prontos for a walk around the neighborhood. Nice little cigar.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote