Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-11-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of
Default New York Yankees 2015 Banter

Spring training only 40 days away!
Old 01-11-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of
Default Re: New York Yankees 2015 Banter

Yankees Birthdays: Loren Babe & Donn Paul
Old 01-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

On this date in 2000 former Yankees manager and Hall of Famer Bob Lemon died.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #4
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees announced the new hitting coach will be Jeff Pentland. Assistant hitting coach will be Alan Cockrell. 1B/ infield coach will be Joe Espada.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:28 AM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Alan Cockrell? Alan Cockrell??!!

He still owes me money.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:36 AM   #6
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Now you have a reason to come to NY.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:12 AM   #7
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees Birthdays: Terry Whitfield, Juan Bonilla, Andy Fox, Luis Ayala, Ivan Nova
Old 01-12-2015, 05:11 PM   #8
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Cuban pitcher Yoan Lopez has multiple offers including the Yankees. Mid 90s fastball and has touched 100 mph.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #9
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees get RH reliever Chris Martin from the Rockies for cash.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #10
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees Birthdays: Mike Milosevich & Darrell Rasner.

Yankees Deaths: 1939 Hall of Fame owner Jacob Ruppert. 1978 Hall of Fame manager Joe McCarthy.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #11
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Yankees get RH reliever Chris Martin from the Rockies for cash.
To make room on the 40 man roster RHP Gonzalez Germen was designated for assignment.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #12
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Cuban pitcher Yoan Lopez has multiple offers including the Yankees. Mid 90s fastball and has touched 100 mph.
Reports are that he is going to sign with the Diamondbacks with a signing bonus over $8M.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:14 PM   #13
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Here are the Yankees Top Ten Prospects according to Pinstriped Prospects: (pinstripedprospects.com)

10. Miguel Andujar (3B 19 y/o)
9. Jorge Mateo (SS/DH 19 y/o)
8. Domingo German (RHP 22 y/o)
7. Ian Clarkin (LHP 19 y/o)
6. Gary Sanchez (C/DH 22 y/o)
5. Jacob Lindgren (LHP 21 y/o)
4. Rob Refsnyder (2B/RF 23 y/o)
3. Greg Bird (1B/DH 22 y/o)
2. Aaron Judge (OF/DH 22 y/o)
1. Luis Severino (RHP 20 y/o)
Old 01-14-2015, 04:47 PM   #14
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Nova and the Yanks avoided arbitration and agreed to a non-guaranteed contract of $3.3M. He is expected back from TJ surgery by June.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:07 PM   #15
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Johan Santana is trying to make a comeback. He has missed the last couple years due to injury. Rumors are that the Yankees are interested. I could see it being a good pick up on a minor league deal with invite to spring training. Low cost safety net in Triple-A with Major League experience is always good. He might not be the starter he once was but if he can still throw at 36 he could factor into the bullpen as the long man or spot starter. Good chance Sabathia will be on the DL by the end of April.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:36 AM   #16
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees Birthdays: Tony Solaita, Don Cooper, Jerry Narron, Curt Brown
Old 01-15-2015, 08:30 AM   #17
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

I'd like to see Santana back on the Mets. I think he'd be a good mentor for the younger guys.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:29 AM   #18
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees DFA Eury Perez and add Stephen Drew to roster.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:45 AM   #19
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Yankees Birthdays: Steve Balboni, Jack McDowell, Ron Villone, Colter Bean, Reid Brignac, Zealous Wheeler
Old 01-16-2015, 04:45 PM   #20
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Some more pre-arbitration settlements:
David Carpenter $1.3M
Nathan Eovaldi $3.3M
Michael Pineda $2.1M