Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-21-2020, 07:52 AM   #1661
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Show your latest NC purchase IV

Nice grabs. I haven't had a Bait Fish in a couple of years, great short smoke.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:03 PM   #1662
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday View Post
Great selection Chip! Those Headleys smoke like a completely different cigar after about 6-8 months in the humi. Someone from the asylum gave me that tip a while back and they were right on the money. Come to think of it, I need to get more...
They are a helluva deal. Those Caldwells and Barbas too. Caldwell is some of the best stuff going right now. Seriously If you have no had any of the La Barba line get on it now while they are cheap.

Never had Sobremesa so I picked those up. Honestly, not really impressed.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:19 PM   #1663
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Cigar Fed

10 pack CTRL-ALT-DELisious. - strong and good
5 pack of Naughty List - never tried

Old 03-07-2020, 11:34 AM   #1664
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

OK, JRCigar had an insane sale, so I got a bunch of cigars at a ridiculous price. I love the ERdM line, especially the tissue wrapped "Robustos" in all their sizes, they have been incredible consistent in taste since I first tried them my first year of college back in 1980-81.

There were three 5-packs of the "Robusto Supremo" thrown in for free - one 5-pack for each box that I ordered. I will admit that the Nicaraguan line is a newer line that until this order, I have never tried. So... this is a new ERdM to me. I am curious to see how I enjoy it.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:24 PM   #1665
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Nice haul, brother. I too like the tissued ERDMs, and if I might be so bold suggest the Rectangulares as well. I have also gotten a few of the newer Nikky freebies in the past, and to me they are - ehh, not to my taste compared to the traditional line.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:08 PM   #1666
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Wow, nice bunch of very tasty cigars!!

Go big or go home as they say hah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
OK, JRCigar had an insane sale, so I got a bunch of cigars at a ridiculous price. I love the ERdM line, especially the tissue wrapped "Robustos" in all their sizes, they have been incredible consistent in taste since I first tried them my first year of college back in 1980-81.

There were three 5-packs of the "Robusto Supremo" thrown in for free - one 5-pack for each box that I ordered. I will admit that the Nicaraguan line is a newer line that until this order, I have never tried. So... this is a new ERdM to me. I am curious to see how I enjoy it.

Old 03-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #1667
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Nice haul, brother. I too like the tissued ERDMs, and if I might be so bold suggest the Rectangulares as well. I have also gotten a few of the newer Nikky freebies in the past, and to me they are - ehh, not to my taste compared to the traditional line.
The Rectangulars were not a part of the special...

That whole package ran me under $175, just for comparison... that is for 90 smokes!
Old 03-07-2020, 08:49 PM   #1668
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

2 bucks a stick works.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:36 AM   #1669
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough

Wow nice selection Todd! I'm looking forward to trying the tissue wrapped Erdm myself!
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:07 PM   #1670
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
2 bucks a stick works.
That is what I was thinkin'!!!
Old 03-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #1671
TXRebel
Have My Own Room

First Name: Cary
Trading: (12)
TXRebel has disabled reputation

Took advantage of the Small Batch daily special on RomaCraft

Old 03-17-2020, 01:59 PM   #1672
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Oh yeah, those cigars are for good times while social distancing. Of course, every time I smoke a cigar I’m practicing social distancing. In the immortal words of Punch, “I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellant.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRebel View Post
Took advantage of the Small Batch daily special on RomaCraft

Old 03-19-2020, 04:19 AM   #1673
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Show your latest NC purchase IV

I felt it was time for a little NC reinforcement!
Clockwise from top left as follows;

- Futuro Coronas - already have the 109s and I absolutely love them, these Coronas have been a long time coming.
- CLE Corojo Robustos - I had this blend in the corona gorda format and they were incredible...unfortunately, due to the 69% boveda that came with this cab, there is some definite mold on the wrappers of some of the cigars...spotty and very light, but it's definitely there, hoping I can just wipe it off and go about my business.
- 601 Steel Coronas - has a 5er of these in Toros, bold & peppery but with a lot of unique and interesting flavors underneath all of that pepper. God bless Eric Espinosa.
- Espinosa Hush Money Toros - okay this is a fun one, never had these before but as I love almost all Espinosa blends, I had to try. Comes in a manila envelope designed to look like...well, you know. I even received a customary paper cut when I opened the envelope, so it's definitely authentic.
- Bag of 3 different 5ers, 1 My Father The Judge Toro Finos, 1 My Father Le Bijou Belicoso & 1 Cabaiguan Coronas Extra..there are 2 of my favorite My Father blends and I read somewhere recently someone here was praising the Cabaiguans, so I decided to give them a spin.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:15 AM   #1674
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

I still haven't tried a 601 Steel. I don't know why...I enjoy pretty much every Espinosa smoke I've had.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #1675
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA
Smile Re: Show your latest NC purchase IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post

I still haven't tried a 601 Steel. I don't know why...I enjoy pretty much every Espinosa smoke I've had.
Well especially considering you are a fellow Espinosa fan, I'd be more than happy to send one your way! Actually, one of the hush money's too if you'd be interested, seeing as how that's Espinosa as well, just let me know if interested.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:50 AM   #1676
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Nice! You definitely went big here hah. Fond memories of the CLE but I have to admit to not going head over heals for them but I definitely remember enjoying them.

I also have had a 601 Steel but it’s more of an issue of play time last two years or so has been with Ezra Zion and CigarFed plus BLTC and Black Works. 601 blends have gone through ups and downs with me and I’m not sure I’ve ever gotten over the times they were rolled by Rocky Patel.

And the Pepin cigar, that’s why the 601 blend tanked is the move away from Pepin. Don Pepin is still a Master.

Nice pick ups!

Quote:

I felt it was time for a little NC reinforcement!
Clockwise from top left as follows;

- Futuro Coronas - already have the 109s and I absolutely love them, these Coronas have been a long time coming.
- CLE Corojo Robustos - I had this blend in the corona gorda format and they were incredible...unfortunately, due to the 69% boveda that came with this cab, there is some definite mold on the wrappers of some of the cigars...spotty and very light, but it's definitely there, hoping I can just wipe it off and go about my business.
- 601 Steel Coronas - has a 5er of these in Toros, bold & peppery but with a lot of unique and interesting flavors underneath all of that pepper. God bless Eric Espinosa.
- Espinosa Hush Money Toros - okay this is a fun one, never had these before but as I love almost all Espinosa blends, I had to try. Comes in a manila envelope designed to look like...well, you know. I even received a customary paper cut when I opened the envelope, so it's definitely authentic.
- Bag of 3 different 5ers, 1 My Father The Judge Toro Finos, 1 My Father Le Bijou Belicoso & 1 Cabaiguan Coronas Extra..there are 2 of my favorite My Father blends and I read somewhere recently someone here was praising the Cabaiguans, so I decided to give them a spin.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:36 PM   #1677
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Wow nice selection Todd! I'm looking forward to trying the tissue wrapped Erdm myself!
What I like about it, is that the flavors take me back to 1981 and smoking them then, they are consistent to the flavors I knew...wonderful reminiscence.

Old 03-20-2020, 04:50 AM   #1678
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Nice! You definitely went big here hah. Fond memories of the CLE but I have to admit to not going head over heals for them but I definitely remember enjoying them.

I also have had a 601 Steel but it’s more of an issue of play time last two years or so has been with Ezra Zion and CigarFed plus BLTC and Black Works. 601 blends have gone through ups and downs with me and I’m not sure I’ve ever gotten over the times they were rolled by Rocky Patel.

And the Pepin cigar, that’s why the 601 blend tanked is the move away from Pepin. Don Pepin is still a Master.

Nice pick ups!
Yeah I agree some of the CLE I had was nothing particularly special, but something about their Corojo blend struck me...I think it's just that for my palate, it has a near perfect balance of corojo pepper/spice to flavor. That said, I'm always in the market for a really nice corojo blend so if anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ear....eyes.

And yeah for me ultimately the 601 Steels have been *really* affordable at cigarauctioneer (don't use cbid anymore thanks to the Ohio excise tax) but also, I assume to them not being as popular, I've been getting some slightly older stock as well (the box I just pictured is from 2016!).

About the 601s in general - I've heard how much better they were when rolled at DPG factories, almost mythical, if you will! But on the other side of the coin, I've also heard the tragic stories about the move to RP and the utter crapola that factory cranked out. However!!! With all of that in consideration, or even ignored, the truth is that today? Today I've been consistently enjoying the 601 line and to my knowledge, they are coming out of AJF's factory (San Lotano I think?) I can't say that they are as good as some of my super-premium cigars but when I want a really satisfying full bodied smoke for a fair price, 601s are always a consideration.

Actually come to think of it, sometime soon we should initiate another trade Dave. I've come across some new full bodied stuff that I definitely think you'd dig (Sinistro Last Cowboy Maduro specifically) and I could also toss in a couple of the newer 601s just to see what you think!

@ Todd Yeah I remember you mentioning in the sampler you sent about the Edem being extremely consistent! Plus, I was actually born in 1981 so if it is even *remotely* consistently awesome as I am? I suspect I'm in for a treat.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:00 AM   #1679
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

I think a trade is due! I would love to try out the AJF 601’s since AJF is probably my favorite overall blender at the moment although to be fair, between Casa Fernandez, AJF, Don Pepin rolled including Pete Johnson’s, Illusione, and whomever rolls all the Ezra Zion, BLTC, and Warped, so much good stuff!

Not to mention that in the last five years or so, some great Dominican cigars have been created! I must say, it’s a great time for cigars!

PM me your address to make sure I have it and let’s do a trade!

Quote:
Yeah I agree some of the CLE I had was nothing particularly special, but something about their Corojo blend struck me...I think it's just that for my palate, it has a near perfect balance of corojo pepper/spice to flavor. That said, I'm always in the market for a really nice corojo blend so if anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ear....eyes.

And yeah for me ultimately the 601 Steels have been *really* affordable at cigarauctioneer (don't use cbid anymore thanks to the Ohio excise tax) but also, I assume to them not being as popular, I've been getting some slightly older stock as well (the box I just pictured is from 2016!).

About the 601s in general - I've heard how much better they were when rolled at DPG factories, almost mythical, if you will! But on the other side of the coin, I've also heard the tragic stories about the move to RP and the utter crapola that factory cranked out. However!!! With all of that in consideration, or even ignored, the truth is that today? Today I've been consistently enjoying the 601 line and to my knowledge, they are coming out of AJF's factory (San Lotano I think?) I can't say that they are as good as some of my super-premium cigars but when I want a really satisfying full bodied smoke for a fair price, 601s are always a consideration.

Actually come to think of it, sometime soon we should initiate another trade Dave. I've come across some new full bodied stuff that I definitely think you'd dig (Sinistro Last Cowboy Maduro specifically) and I could also toss in a couple of the newer 601s just to see what you think!

@ Todd Yeah I remember you mentioning in the sampler you sent about the Edem being extremely consistent! Plus, I was actually born in 1981 so if it is even *remotely* consistently awesome as I am? I suspect I'm in for a treat.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:13 AM   #1680
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

Pm sent!!