Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #1
stevef2005
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (4)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
stevef2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Mold....DAMN HOW I HATE YOU!

So. I positively identified a cigar with mold on it. Nice circle that looks like cobwebs. Of course it happened to be in the box that held cigars from that special island. I digress on that though.

I have a few other cigars that look to possibly have mold on them. Of course all of the ones that do are all cigars of the same type. I had some RyJ and punches that have no visible sign of mold or even plume. I have some others that looks like it could be plum. It wipes away easily and is very consistent across the cigar. What has me worried though is a couple of the sticks have it thicker in certain areas.

What are my options here?? I don't want to assume it is plum and toss them back into the humidor just to dig around in 6 months and have a full blown field of white in my humidor. I also don't want to toss them if it is plum. I can post up some pics tomorrow but what are my options?? I read online that a good hard freeze will kill the mold. I am open to tossing them in the freezer if need be.

Any advice??

I guess I should also mention that the Punch that had mold was in a tube. I took the other punches that were in the tubes out just in case that had something too do with it.

stevef2005 is offline   Reply With Quote