Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 05-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default 30 Day Plank Challenge

Anyone up for it? http://www.active.com/fitness/Articl...nge.htm?page=1

I just completed day 1.

Plank level 2 - 77 seconds
Side plank level 2 - 45 seconds

Did another round of regular plank level 2 - 60 seconds.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:16 AM   #2
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 30 Day Plank Challenge

No one.

Day 2: Lvl2 plank - 122, lvl2 side - 67L/69R

Day 3: Lvl2 plank - 132, lvl2 side - 72L/73R
Old 05-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #3
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

You still doing this, Bob?
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #4
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
You still doing this, Bob?
Yup. Completed day 13 last night, even though I felt like crap. All the way up to L4 plank, 114 seconds, L3 side 41/30. The level 3 side planks I think are harder than level 4.

I just hadn't posted updates since I hadn't had any responses. In 13 days, I've noticed a my belly is flatter and i'm losing my love handles.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Day 14, almost halfway. L4 - 125 secs, L3 side - 51/37. Started with my weakest side plank first and was able to do more each one. I think starting with the regular plank was fatiguing my stomach muscles, affecting me when I'd do the sides. I might start on L4 sides tomorrow (hip dips). I've done some already and find them easier then L3 sides. Been feeling some pain in the hips from the strain with L3.

Also started a chest workout a few days back, ladder push-ups. Start by doing one, holding for 5 seconds at the bottom, then two, again holding for 5 seconds at the bottom of the second. Repeat for as many as I can do, holding for 5 seconds on the last one. Then you you back down in number. 1-2-3-4-3-2-1. I'm able to do up to 4, with a goal of 10 (which would be 60 in total if you can make it thru all of them).
Old 05-16-2014, 05:42 AM   #6
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

I am in.
Going to incorporate this into T-25 starting next week.
I can handle the regular planks for well over 45-60 seconds minimum.
It's the side planks, on one side in particular that mess me up as really impinges on my herniated discs but heck, I am use to that already.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
I am in.
Going to incorporate this into T-25 starting next week.
I can handle the regular planks for well over 45-60 seconds minimum.
It's the side planks, on one side in particular that mess me up as really impinges on my herniated discs but heck, I am use to that already.
Yea, those side planks are a *****. The one with the leg in the air really eff's up my hips.

Yesterday I hit the halfway point. Started doing what's called a walking plank. Start in a pushup position, then one arm at a time, go down to your elbow, then back up. Continue for the duration you can hold it.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #8
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Yea, those side planks are a *****. The one with the leg in the air really eff's up my hips.

Yesterday I hit the halfway point. Started doing what's called a walking plank. Start in a pushup position, then one arm at a time, go down to your elbow, then back up. Continue for the duration you can hold it.
Can't wait.

I am into anything I can try right now.
Really motivated by having just taken my before and after shots for T-25 and seeing the incredible difference. Heck, even ordered Ab Carver Pro for kicks and giggles. Wife is getting ready to kick me out with all the crap I am using.
I still have some 55 yr old slight belly flab I want to lose to give a hopeful six pack a chance to better show so you got me going with the comment of how it has impacted that on you.

Will post an update after week one is over.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #9
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

First Name: Victor
Trading: (1)
Victor808 is on a distinguished road

When I was rehabbing a herniated disc, my PT had me doing a lot of front and side planks. To increase difficulty, she would have me do them on unstable surfaces. Start by putting your forearms on a 3-4in foam pad. You can put your feet on one as well.

Increased instability would be items like - upside down BOSU ball, balance your feet on the flat side of a half-roll. or use those air filled flat disks, one under each forearm. It's really good for your core and back. I used to do a couple rounds of a minute each.

I can't do side planks any longer... neither shoulder seems to be able to support my weight. Maybe they'll heal up eventually and I'll be able to do those again.
Victor808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #10
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Thanks for the suggestion Victor. I'll look into something like that as I progress thru the challenge and after. I don't plan on stopping once I hit the 30 days, maybe just not every day.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #11
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Day 16: L4+ - 97 sec, L4 side - 67/62. Plus busted out another set of ladder push-ups (still at 4).
Old 05-19-2014, 06:48 AM   #12
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Day 1, didn't realize it starts on Sunday so will add it at the end.

Started with level 2.
Shaun prepared me well for this with T25.
Did 120 seconds on the Static Forearm Plank and 60 seconds per side on the Static Lowside Forearm Plank.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #13
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Nice! You can acutally start it whenever you want. If you printed out the calendar they have on the site, it's 35 days.

I did day 18 yesterday. Decided to ratchet down the intensity. L4 plank - 155sec, L2 side - somewhere around a minute. The L3/L4 side planks are making my hips hurt.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #14
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Had to skip a day yesterday. Wasn't feeling well. Not a lot better today, but still gave it my best. L4 - 132 sec, L2 side - 68/68.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #15
Chimneyfish
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
Chimneyfish is on a distinguished road

i used to do this before i slept. i would plank whilst texting for 5 minutes straight.
damn my abs were sexy

then they got coated with a layer of blubber for the winter....

... Is it too late to join?
Chimneyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #16
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Nope, just start on day 1 and go till 30.

Day 20 in the books. Still battling a cold, but stamina is coming back. L4 - 160 sec, L2 side - 103/96.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:03 AM   #17
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Just an update. Day 23 done. L4 Spider-Man planks - 87 seconds. L2 sides - 102/106.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #18
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Just an update. Day 23 done. L4 Spider-Man planks - 87 seconds. L2 sides - 102/106.
What am I doing wrong?
I am on L4 also but it is the Dynamic Elbow to Wrist Plank. I did 120 sec of that and L4 on sides is Dynamic Side Forearm Plank with Hip Dip and did 60 sec per side.
Is there another challenge I am missing?

It's kicking my butt as I am also doing T25 and Ab Carver Pro.
Just have to eliminate the Mojitos.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #19
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

B tW
That plank challenge is amazing for results.
In 6 days, coupled with the other two workouts, 1/4 reduction in waist.
If it wasn't for a whole new wardrobe again, may be tempted to hit 30 for the first time since my early 20's.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #20
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the link in post #1 Bob. Went to the home page:

http://www.eatdrinkandbeskinny.com/

and found some juicing and other recipes here...