Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough
Default El Rey Del Los Habanos- Pepin smoke...

Here comes another review from the mind of Cigar Choice. This particular stick happens to be one of my favorite milder Pepin sticks.

1/3: As I started on this stick, I knew what to expect. I have had about 3/4 of a box already, so I was ready to review this cigar. I lit it up with my trusty Lotus 21 dual flame lighter, and cut it with the trusty palio. As I lit up, the first thing I noticed was that the draw was perfect. Not too tight, but not too loose. The smoke was light grey in color, and billowing powerfully from the smoke as I puffed on it. The first flavors I got were some slight spicy notes found in just about every Pepin smoke, but the other flavors I got were some nice earthy tones, with some nutty flavors. The burn was just about perfect, as I've expected out of most Pepin smokes. So far, I am really enjoying this cigar!
2/3: As I continued on this smoke, I was enjoying it, just as I had with every one of these that I've had. The peppery spice flavor was still there, but the earthy and nutty undertones were making themselves more pronounced. The burn was starting to get a little wavy, but I attributed that to the fact that it was a bit breezy on the day that I smoked this one. The smoke was still billowing, and upon exhaling it through my nostrils, I got lots more spice, that wasn't present when I just blew the smoke out my nose. Thus far, this cigar is not dissapointing me at all. I am really enjoying it.
3/3: As I finished up this cigar, I was just enjoying it immensly. So much in fact, that I actually went over the alloted time on my lunch break, just to nub the smoke down to the minimum. I was still getting a lot of nutty, earthy tones, with some slight spice. As is the usual, I am loving this cigar, and I am bummed I only have a few more left.

Overall Impression: Overall, as is the usual with this cigar, I really enjoyed it, and smoked it until my fingers burned. If you like mild to medium smokes with the typical Pepin spice, with lots of OTHER flavors associated with the stick, don't hesitate to buy some of these!

Smoke em if you got em, buy em if you don't,

Scott - www.cigarchoice.net

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
BlackIrish
MassHole Militia

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (55)
LGC
BlackIrish has a spectacular aura aboutBlackIrish has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: El Rey Del Los Habanos- Pepin smoke...

Nice review! Thanks for taking the time.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:36 AM   #3
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: El Rey Del Los Habanos- Pepin smoke...

These and the 601 Maduro are my favorite DPG cigars. Thanks for the review and the reminder to get more.
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote