Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough
Wink Suenos Azul robusto

From Isthmus Cigars,this has a nice honey brown wrapper,it is firm with very clean seams,well made and solid feeling.The draw is medium firm.
The first half provides very fresh,bright tobacco flavors,cedary aromas,and a very clean,a lightly peppery finish.There are notes of fine leather,the ash is light gray and very firm.The cigar is refreshingly tasty,medium bodied.
In the second half there is a gentle lingering flavor presence,more cedar notes,aromas of ginger and toasted oak,it keeps your attention.The burn on this one is perfect to the end,nicely cool and enjoyable.I have come to expect the quality of construction I find in all of the Isthmus brands.
I would pair this with a hoppy lager beer,or light spirits,even a Speyside malt whiskey,it has a character that does not overpower but compliments a good beverage.I rate this cigar 4.5 out of 10 strength,18 out of 20 as the overall rating.Another fine offering from Isthmus...
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote