Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-22-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
DougBushBC

Default Edicion De Silvio Robusto

So I have been holding these for a while, but I wanted to try one since they got a lot of hype a few years back...

I really like the burn, the draw, the construction. It looks gorgeous and smells wonderful.

Maybe it is because I smoked a VSG earlier this afternoon that was sublime (Belicoso held its ash until it was under the band), but the flavor is rather one dimmensional. A good dimmension. But only one.

I am a sucker for a good, rich, creamy smoke, even with the flavor isnt the best (see Oliva MB3, one of the faves right now).

As the smoke got to the 2nd portion, it really picked up smoke in both volume and texture.

I know its not a big "review" like I normally do, but I wanted to throw my thoughts up.

I smoked it with a glass of Adagio Earl Grey Bravo Tea, which was mild and good for this cigar.

I don't know if these are worth the MSRP, but I got this at a bargain on the devil site and really have enjoyed it for that price.