Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 09-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #441
ujponds
Homer Joe

First Name: Mark
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
ujponds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

I'll be the first to say of, Sanchez looks horrible this first half. I don't think I'll go as far as to say The Jets will never win a Super Bowl with him at QB, hopefully he'll get it together in the second half.

The O line looks BAD! They can't get the running game established and Sanchez is running for his life AGAIN!
ujponds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #442
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Didn't get to see the game at all, just the score. I guess that's one way to keep one's self happy.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #443
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
Didn't get to see the game at all, just the score. I guess that's one way to keep one's self happy.
You missed an incredible performance by Sanchez, I tell you! Just incredible! Good thing the rest of the team showed up to play...

Given the game today, Oakland game looks the usual crap shoot for Jets next week. Especially if their main receivers recover.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #444
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

It appears Forbes has rated The Dirty the most over-paid player in football.
I have personally rated Forbes the most worthless rag on the planet, and I'm not even a Jets fan. I did pass up my free trial issue and have chosen to stare at the ceiling rather than read it in the doctor's office, so there's that.

They do raise a point about his lackluster completion %age and passer rating, but he's a perfect fit for the Jets, and he's a damn good ball player. At almost 15 million this year, he should definately kiss his agent on the mouth. I'm not sure how much of that is performance based and how much is guaranteed, either. Forbes didn't likely take that into account, I'm guessing.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #445
Resipsa

Just thought I'd stop by to read up on my favorite franchise, future hall of famer qb.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #446
TheRiddick
Non-believer

TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
Just thought I'd stop by to read up on my favorite franchise, future hall of famer qb.
Haven't you heard, Sanchez is the bestest!!! EVER!!! Don't you dare even think he is not!!! Superbowl, I tell you, nothing but... A QB who cannot hold the frigging ball from snap nor catch one (this is not a baseball traveling 90MPH at you, Mark, you should catch it under any conditions) should go find another line of work.

At least Ryan is now off his meds, most of them, anyway, it seems and doesn't make boastful claims any longer, so the hope is he will do the right thing by writing off this season as a rebuilding project and work on getting a decent QB for the future. Miami is the only real chance, it seems, of getting a W or 2 this season.

The only consolation is a much easier schedule next season, save for those Pats/Bills games they must play regardless.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #447
ujponds
Homer Joe

Bolivar

Well that was a pretty piss poor showing by Sanchez and if he doesn't get it together he could find himself on the way out. Now I'm not trying to defend him because 4 turnovers is unacceptable, but if they don't fix the O line issues and terrible, terrible play calling it doesn't matter who is playing QB.

I wouldn't say it is time to scrap the season after game 4. I also wouldn't scrap anyone's career after a few bad games. If this trend continues than yes, but it's not time to hit the panic button just yet.

For someone that hates Sanchez soooo much it seems to be all that you have to talk about. I'll bet you had a smile on your face the whole game last night. I've never met a fan that routes for their own team to lose just so they can say " told you so". Congrats the Jets lost, you got your wish!!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #448
TheRiddick
Non-believer

No, I did not smile, even ONCE, last night. Have no idea what's with your POV on this, you still insist that any fan noticing OBVIOUS PROBLEMS, is not a fan. WHATEVER. I am a realist, I guess you're not.

Sanchez had a few "bad games"? Like I said before, you must be watching Jets games on Photoshop Channel, with rose colored glasses on, to boot, to reinforce the effect. Bad games wise, how about since Day 1 of him joining Jets? Right now, he is a cancer on the field, but I guess you really don't mind Jets loosing games which they can win. Should win. Any team now knows all they have to do is worry about the Jets' running game since Sanchez is usually the best player on the opposing team when he starts airing the ball. And judging by last night's game, at snaps as well. Ever hear of "peripheral vision"? Yeah, that little thing Sanchez is lacking. And lack of accurate arm with open receivers.. And inability to catch a snapped ball any HS quarterback would catch... And... And... And... So, how many "Ands..." does it take to understand Sanchez is the cancer right now, and not a solution. Never was, IMO.

You ever play sports? Doesn't take much time to evaluate a player. Took me, oh, 2-3 games of his first season. It takes HEART to play this game, Sanchez has none. There is no reason to evaluate any further. He should fit well on some girls team and even then would get beat up badly.

Consider me not a true Jets fan, then...
Old 10-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #449
ujponds
Homer Joe

Bolivar

It seems the only obvious problem you ever see is Sanchez. I am tired of going back and forth with the Sanchez debate. Yes, he is not great. Yes, he has ALOT more to prove. Yes, it is very unnerving that it seems he has taken a step back. However, as I have said before I AM NOT SANCHEZ'S BIGGEST FAN, but get over your ego and give credit where credit is due. To say he has never done anything on the field is ridiculous! Did you watch the playoffs the past two years??? Maybe not because you always seem to be mysteriously absent if he has a good game.

How about discussing something OTHER than Sanchez just once? You act like you are some "experienced expert" and you have been a Jets fan for what 30 years? Why is it that you have nothing else to add other than complaining about Sanchez? Have YOU ever played sports? Do you understand how one position can be affected by other positions? Do you understand how much of a factor chemistry plays in sports? When you did play sports did you scrap your season ifyou had a weakness at a certain position?

Do you have anything to add that isn't Sanchez related? You realize there are 21 other starters right?

As far as my rose colored glasses are concerned, I am a fan of the Jets. When I watch games I watch the Jets not just the qb. I go into every season, game with hope that they will win and until the clock hits 00 I continue to have hope. What is the point of watching if that is not how you feel?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #450
TheRiddick
Non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujponds View Post
How about discussing something OTHER than Sanchez just once? You act like you are some "experienced expert" and you have been a Jets fan for what 30 years? Why is it that you have nothing else to add other than complaining about Sanchez? Have YOU ever played sports? Do you understand how one position can be affected by other positions? Do you understand how much of a factor chemistry plays in sports? When you did play sports did you scrap your season ifyou had a weakness at a certain position?

Do you have anything to add that isn't Sanchez related? You realize there are 21 other starters right?

As far as my rose colored glasses are concerned, I am a fan of the Jets. When I watch games I watch the Jets not just the qb. I go into every season, game with hope that they will win and until the clock hits 00 I continue to have hope. What is the point of watching if that is not how you feel?
Have no idea if you ever watched Ken O'Brien back in the day. He was knocked senseless pretty often due to front line not giving him protection, much worse protection Sanchez is getting these days on top of rules back then not protecting QBs as much as today. Yet, he got up every time with fire in his eyes to drive the team further. Pennigton, not physically gifted, but he made the team play that much better and harder. Sanchez? Oh, my nose got broken last week, wah... wah... wah... mommy, hold my hands please... What a *****... How can anyone on that team play up to their potential when they have a ***** for a QB? Tell me. Please.

Yeah, I know a bit about sports, been in sports all my life, you name it. Basketball, volleyball, swim team, soccer. Although declined to join HS wrestling team, just not my thing. Stopped playing competitive soccer ~2 years ago when my MCL got damaged in a game, but yeah, up until then was playing against college soccer guys (UC Davis & Berkeley soccer teams) without much strain and beating them, while being ~20 years older. So, yeah I think I know a bit about sports and what it takes to play.

Sure, football is a team sport, yet I dare you to show me one team going all the way with a QB that has no HEART. It all starts with a QB and trickles down the line. When your supposed leader plays like a girl and without heart your own play making is affected, BIG TIME, whether you want to admit it to yourself or not. Been there, done that. Without a leader there is no winning. When a QB doesn't play, the rest of the team alters their playmaking as they second guess what the hell is going to happen on the next play, will the idiot actually grab the ball on the snap or not, will the idiot throw to an opposing player or not, will the idiot fumble the ball or not... EVERYTHING TRICKLES DOWN at that point and the entire team is affected.

If you still don't understand how QBs playmaking affects the rest of the team and to what extent, there is not much left to discuss.

And yes, when I played against better players/teams it only fired me up all the more to play better. Not go to the sideline with indifference. Regardless if I hurt my pinkie or not on prior play. Sanchez is CANCER and it is a waste of time to discuss any and all positions at this time since HE affects everything that happens on the field. Defense compensated last night, as much as they could. I could give you a good count of times when we had open receivers and the idiot threw into coverage instead or worse yet, fumbled the ball unable to grab it from the snapper.

I guess we're talking different things and levels here, it is obvious you are just a fan and haven't really played seriously at any level. Read some of the sports writers in today's papers, my take on this is not that much different than theirs. Not that I need nor am I looking for "validation" of my views.

Chalk this season as done, we won't make playoffs IMO. Like I said before, at least next season we'll have a chance to make play-offs with much easier schedule. Hopefully, we'll even have a chance at grabbing a real QB in the draft. That's the only upside so far to this season. Tannenbaum is usually shrewd in his deal making, not the past 2-3 years, though, when they grabbed Sanchez and let go of Washington, Woody and others.

Anyway, we obviously see the game very differently. Seems you are content with the so called QB we got. Good for you. Just keep extending that Photoshop Channel, its obviously a much more enjoyable way to watch Jets, especially this season.

Do I hope Jets will win a SP? You bet! Main reason I am so charged up with Sanchez, most any other QB would do for us this year... Hell, anyone who could actually grab a ball at snap would do...

Been nice talking to you, a true Jets fan. Not like the rest of us, plastic ones. Looking forward to becoming a true Jets fan myself, just need to call my cable provider to sign up for that Photoshop Channel.

Time for a stogie and mojito. Over and out...
Old 10-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #451
ujponds
Homer Joe

Bolivar

Haha!! Don't even know how to respond to that... any of it! Well done Sir
Old 04-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #452
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

OK, maybe some sunshine is finally going to land on the JETS. Congratulations in your pickup of Chris Ivory!
You don't know what you have YET, but you will see. My hope is that he starts for you immediately and you
can see the toughest, baddest runner, pound for pound in the NFL. We in New Orleans have been crying out loud
for JUSTICE for the boy. We have so many good backs in NO that poor ole Ivory never gets to play. but when he
DOES play, he runs over, through and around people. PERSONALLY I wish we had dumped that tired ole never-was
out of Alabama, Mark Ingram. You talk about the black Tim Tebow. He sucks as a runner for NO. If we had
sent HIM to you and KEPT Ivory, I'd be a lot happier right now. But I am happy for the Jets, cause you picked a
REAL gold nugget out of a barrel of rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aaR1OWcg_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_4DQazOVkk :58 mark of the clip
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #453
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

The Jets just released a statement: "We'd like to apologize to our loyal fans for our actions over the last season. We realize that you've come to expect us to steer clear of players with a history of overachieving and high moral character. After this year-long experiment showed an incompatibility with our historical team strategy, we've decided to move on and return to a culture of low standards and troubled personalities on our roster."
Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #454
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
The Jets just released a statement.
They also just released Tebow, which is another statement.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:47 PM   #455
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Told you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
OK, maybe some sunshine is finally going to land on the JETS. Congratulations in your pickup of Chris Ivory!
You don't know what you have YET, but you will see. My hope is that he starts for you immediately and you
can see the toughest, baddest runner, pound for pound in the NFL. We in New Orleans have been crying out loud
for JUSTICE for the boy. We have so many good backs in NO that poor ole Ivory never gets to play. but when he
DOES play, he runs over, through and around people. PERSONALLY I wish we had dumped that tired ole never-was
out of Alabama, Mark Ingram. You talk about the black Tim Tebow. He sucks as a runner for NO. If we had
sent HIM to you and KEPT Ivory, I'd be a lot happier right now. But I am happy for the Jets, cause you picked a

Old 10-18-2015, 05:48 PM   #456
OLS
Suck It

Told you... (4-29-2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post

Old 10-18-2015, 05:51 PM   #457
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I thought Winnipeg lost today.....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote