Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #781
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: It's happening

Well I just saved all my subscribed threads and emails -

Ron
Old 01-26-2009, 05:45 PM   #782
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

202 lurking gorillas over in the ocean right now. Looks like we're all a bunch of vultures waiting for the kill. Or we're the traffic jam that happens as a result of everyone wanting to stop and checkout the horrendous crash on the side of the road.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #783
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

I already don't spend time there, but this solidifies the resolve not to. Outright lies, password scrambling, making false accusations, etc., etc.

Participating there and turning a blind eye to actions like that is equivalent to condoning them...

It truly is sad to see this happen, though.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:18 PM   #784
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblz View Post
Next to go: Secret Santa and the Easter Bunny?

Anybody have Rainey's Anon-Y-Mouse password?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #785
Encore Souris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGAR View Post
Anybody have Rainey's Anon-Y-Mouse password?
Yes, but it will cost you.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #786
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Sigh..requesting dispensaton for posting this: 5 years served at a place and having it end as below. Was just going to leave it but ...

Several days ago my password got "scrambled" there. Yesterday had a 10 email exchange with the owner.

Started at... who me, and ended with repetitious demands for censorship regarding Poof bashing here in return for my being able to log on there.

We left it at I was not going to be able to log on there.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #787
backwoods
stuck in Mayberry

First Name: u can call me Al
Trading: (0)
backwoods is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblz View Post
Next to go: Secret Santa and the Easter Bunny?

my apologies for not being internet forum savy, but how do they track dual accounts? IP address? I didn't have any issues until I logged in for a second to see if that account was still active..and then they dinged me within a half hour.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #788
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
Sigh..
Just when you think it can't get any worse...
Old 01-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #789
JKim

vbulletin has a feature to notify you when another user has logged in with the same IP address. I think it's a pretty common function used to track multiple accounts.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #790
JKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
Sigh..requesting dispensaton for posting this: 5 years served at a place and having it end as below. Was just going to leave it but ...

Several days ago my password got "scrambled" there. Yesterday had a 10 email exchange with the owner.

Started at... who me, and ended with repetitious demands for censorship regarding Poof bashing here in return for my being able to log on there.

We left it at I was not going to be able to log on there.
Dave... thanks for sharing that. After reading, I feel very ill, but it's something I appreciate that you could share with us.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #791
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoods View Post
my apologies for not being internet forum savy, but how do they track dual accounts? IP address? I didn't have any issues until I logged in for a second to see if that account was still active..and then they dinged me within a half hour.
It's built in Alan,we can see when it happens.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #792
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

It is sad that Jon purchased members, but then decided he is just going to force out the ones he doesn't like. If he wanted to start all over, then why purchase membership?

Do the rules of mulitple accounts apply to the Administration? I do wonder about the sudden influx of members with no posts, just introductions.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #793
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post

Do the rules of mulitple accounts apply to the Administration? I do wonder about the sudden influx of members with no posts, just introductions.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #794
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

Wow...what happened to Dave and Tom is really just unreal. I feel insulted and it didn't even happen to me!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #795
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
E-mail from Caputo:

Spamming....I sent a single message to smokingduck yesterday.
Ha, the only thing I do there now is look for the new members in the Bay Area and PM them to come here. Not out of maliciousness for Puff but because we have a strong group of smokers here that don't frequent Puff and it would be a shame for them to miss out. I'm sure it'll get me banned at some point but like others, I have nothing else to contribute there. For me I'm glad the name has finally changed, I can wear my clubstogie hat with nostalgic pride for what the place was and continues to be here.

And thanks to the team of 11 who carried on that same spirit. This board already has more truly active users than puff and I hope it keeps growing. But not too fast.

Oh, and I sent smoking duck some rg, I guess they don't look at that.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #796
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

It is never a good thing to get rid of your primary demographic who are the ones who built the site and mostly did it for free. The content will slowly become stale and the unique hits will drop and so will revenue.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #797
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
Wow...what happened to Dave and Tom is really just unreal. I feel insulted and it didn't even happen to me!
Its actually sickening. He won't allow some of the very members that helped create the community, that he has since destroyed, continue to participate in the forum. He is also spending the time to decide what posts make the cut. He should have just designed a site to sell random ad space and posted all the posts in the forums he wanted people to read and close them immediately so you could do nothing but read them and not get a chance to respond to his lies and deceit.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #798
rack04
Lebowski Urban Achiever

First Name: Justin
Trading: (20)
HUpmann
rack04 will become famous soon enoughrack04 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
It is sad that Jon purchased members, but then decided he is just going to force out the ones he doesn't like. If he wanted to start all over, then why purchase membership?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but even if you are banned, and/or have your password scrambled you are still a member. When potential avertisers looks at the stats they'll see many more members than actually available. John doesn't care whether you stay or go. You're already a stat that is getting him paid.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #799
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
No kidding. It's unreal, Dave and Tom were both a very big part of making CS the great place it was (among many others), to see them banned in the matter they were is really outrageous.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #800
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Seems entirely asinine. What has jc really purchased?