Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #261
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
I got a sampler of some biggins from VS.. out of the ones I have tried.. I liked one, a few were ok and the others.. I am trying to figure out how to get rid of them.. haha.
I've smoked a few of the 55s and they're OK. The Vintage Select as well. My biggest gripe was that I seemed to get a lot of sticks with overglued bands, and it was impossible to get them off without tearing the wrapper.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #262
Obsidian

Default Re: Cheap Smoke Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Victor Sinclair? ........or Thompson?
Thompson of course. I've only had a Victor Sinclair Primeros and I must say it was pretty much the worst cigar I have ever tried.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #263
Obsidian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarnold1 View Post
Did you actually smoke one of those?
Only as a dare.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #264
mdynac
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Navy (Served With Honor)
mdynac is on a distinguished road

Baccarat Sumatra Toro, wow are these tasty......

bought a bundle at FSS and I'm quite happy.
mdynac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #265
mikeespo

Rigoletto Black Jack one of my cheap favorites
Old 12-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #266
Boogie2dope

I do enjoy the Baccarat Game Robusto. A box cost me 66$ So at just over 3$ a smoke I enjoy these when I want something to smoke that I may not have time to finish or if I'm going to be sharing with others who don't really "appreciate" fine leaf. Very light, mild smoke with a sweet gum cap. Not bad at all.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #267
JRyder430

I know Thompson has been pretty shady in the past, but i really think they have been trying to improve their reputation. I've bought a few packages from them recently and haven't had any complaints. Their Powerhouse 16 Sampler that use to come with a 20 count humidor now comes with a 10 count travel case, due to the fact that they have sold so many packages that they ran out of humidors, but anyway i still think it's a great deal and can be found here http://www.thompsoncigardeals.com/pr...URCHILL-COMBO/
Old 12-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #268
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Those VS i think are horrible. I have some still in my humi, scared to smoke them.
CigarSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #269
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

These have quickly become my go to smoke for a cheap thrill as of late. Picked up a bundle a while back at Famous Smoke Shop and was thrilled by the amount of flavor they pack. IMO, these are definately worth the $34.99 price tag for 20 good tasting sticks!

http://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/fa...+maduro+cigars

SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #270
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road

I've gotta say, re: Thompson. They've got a bad rap and yeah, it's largely well earned.

But as far as cheap smokes go? I've now been through a couple hundred of those Roly torpedoes and, at a buck a piece? I actually reach for them. They're not better than the good stuff. But a few bundles in the humi go a long way to saving my nice sticks from being smoked when they won't be appreciated.

I've noticed Famous started carrying them as well, though at a little higher price.
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #271
Flounder
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ethan
Trading: (1)
Flounder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
These have quickly become my go to smoke for a cheap thrill as of late. Picked up a bundle a while back at Famous Smoke Shop and was thrilled by the amount of flavor they pack. IMO, these are definately worth the $34.99 price tag for 20 good tasting sticks!

For the Famous Nicaraguans I have had, I think I'm slowly going to start buying them all, bundle by bundle, find my favorites, and they're fantastic budget sticks.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #272
coty

I have ran across a brand called "New Cuba" the guys are awesome driving cigars!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #273
JohnRider

I am trying a Factory Throwouts 99 tonight. Interestingly, the label prominently says that these cigars have a Ecuador Sungrown wrapper and Aged Dominican filler. In the tiny print on the bottom of the package it says it has some "non-tobacco ingredients added." Like what?!!! I taste a tiny bit of vanilla...maybe that is the non-tobacco ingredient?

BTW, I've found a hair or two rolled up in a premium cigar before...I hope that is not it!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #274
JohnRider

The $1.25/stick Factory Throwouts 99 is a 7.25x52. The wrapper has an even medium brown color with a few medium heavy veins. The cap is a little wonky, but does the job. Pre-light, the wrapper has a sweet aroma - it reminds me of Swiss Miss cocoa mix. The cigar has 2 or 3 soft spots, but no hard ones. The cigar started out dull and tasteless, but after about an inch some nice flavors started to kick in. As I noted earlier, there is a hint of sweetness and vanilla in there, as well as some floral flavors. Now I am near the halfway point and the flavor is mild-medium and has become a little more cedar. The quantity of smoke is acceptable. The ash is moderately flaky with a broad mixture of light gray and almost black areas. Draw has been about right and the burn has been very even. No relights yet and it is holding a reasonably good ash. The room note (aroma in the room) is nice - it doesn't stink like a cheap cigar - and also has a vanilla note to it. I'm thinking it has some vanilla flavor added...but I could be wrong...I've not run across that flavor before, so I am thinking it is part of the "non-tobacco ingredients" they talk about in the fine print. Overall, it is very smokeable. I'm diggin' it just fine. I would choose this stick over the similarly priced sticks I've had. One feature about the packaging I like is the cello - it has a pull strip that actually works. I wouldn't mind seeing that feature on my regular lineup of smokes. So, for the guys in this thread who suggested it, thanks, and I agree for a uber-cheap stick it is an okay smoke in my book.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #275
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRider View Post
The $1.25/stick Factory Throwouts 99 is a 7.25x52. The wrapper has an even medium brown color with a few medium heavy veins. The cap is a little wonky, but does the job. Pre-light, the wrapper has a sweet aroma - it reminds me of Swiss Miss cocoa mix. The cigar has 2 or 3 soft spots, but no hard ones. The cigar started out dull and tasteless, but after about an inch some nice flavors started to kick in. As I noted earlier, there is a hint of sweetness and vanilla in there, as well as some floral flavors. Now I am near the halfway point and the flavor is mild-medium and has become a little more cedar. The quantity of smoke is acceptable. The ash is moderately flaky with a broad mixture of light gray and almost black areas. Draw has been about right and the burn has been very even. No relights yet and it is holding a reasonably good ash. The room note (aroma in the room) is nice - it doesn't stink like a cheap cigar - and also has a vanilla note to it. I'm thinking it has some vanilla flavor added...but I could be wrong...I've not run across that flavor before, so I am thinking it is part of the "non-tobacco ingredients" they talk about in the fine print. Overall, it is very smokeable. I'm diggin' it just fine. I would choose this stick over the similarly priced sticks I've had. One feature about the packaging I like is the cello - it has a pull strip that actually works. I wouldn't mind seeing that feature on my regular lineup of smokes. So, for the guys in this thread who suggested it, thanks, and I agree for a uber-cheap stick it is an okay smoke in my book.
Welcome.
Please post in the New Inmate forum and introduce yourself. Tell us a bit about yourself and life in Tulsa Okla-iowa.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #276
Old Man Army

This thread is a perfect fit for my current cigar budget!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #277
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough

I recently got a 5ver of Felipe Gregorio II Fat boy's and it was so impressive for the $$. I bought another 3 5 packs. the cost??? $7 per 5ver. cbid where else?
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #278
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post

I second these, great tasting cheap sticks. I also like the Nic 5000's!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #279
crazyirishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
I still enjoy the AF Curly Head Natural.

The short filler is from the left over Don CArlos, Hemingway and Opus Tobacco. With a nice cameroon wrapper. Has a nice sweet taste to it. Always be a a few in the humi
Delicious smokes.

I've never been let down by one, despite it being what amounts to AF's garbage.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #280
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

Olor fuerte 10 bux or less for five. I really like them
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote