Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-16-2011, 07:00 AM   #301
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: (Official?) Pocket Knife Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by issues View Post
Love that Buck Scott!!!
Yeah, for an import it's a darn knice knife and freakin' A sharp bro!
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #302
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Buck had always done a nice job
Old 07-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #303
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Here are mine...

This little Gerber stays in my pocket

Another Gerber (handle is too bulky)

My Benchmade (switchblade)
Old 07-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #304
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

Wow mac you even take pictures of knives on doilys
Old 07-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #305
designwise1

Another one of my hobbies...
My everyday knife is usually a Boker. Dad passed away with cancer last April and in August some meth heads broke in my house while I was at work and stole every knife in the house (including those of my dad and my son's--even the hunting knives). We recovered more than half of them but for almost a month the Boker that was in my pocket that day was the only knife I had left. Dad had several German knives and custom made knives. He was a former meat cutter and loved Solingen steel. I really like Kershaw knives but only have a couple now.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #306
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
Wow mac you even take pictures of knives on doilys
You'll never be confused on whose pictures they are.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #307
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
You'll never be confused on whose pictures they are.
I think I need to see some pictures of your new AR-15...
Old 07-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #308
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

so what seems to be the general consensus on Spyderco Knives? I was thinking about picking up a Spyderco Endura or Resilience or Pacific Salt and maybe a Tenacious.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #309
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
so what seems to be the general consensus on Spyderco Knives? I was thinking about picking up a Spyderco Endura or Resilience or Pacific Salt and maybe a Tenacious.
I have three of the four. The resilience is wonderfully priced for a 4" blade. But the size isnt quite people friendly. The tenacious seems to be the best of both world. Im not a huge fan of the endura only because its a lockback and isnt quite as fast to close as the Resilience or tenacious so i find i leave it home more often than the others. Same goes for the Pacific salt. Lockbacks are too slow for me but the H-1's rust resistance is impressive. Consider this if you are an avid boater or live near the sea. The 8cr13/14MOV steel in the resilience/tenacious is easy to sharpen but will rust on you if you dont keep a thin layer of oil on it. Whenever i find myself by the beach or water I just wipe some face grease on it for peace of mind.

All this is my personal opinion ymmv.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:04 AM   #310
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

I have carried this Spyderco for many years around town, in the woods and on the boat in fresh and salt water. It has been immersed in both fresh and saltwater numerous times and I have had no problems with it. I do rinse it off in fresh water after being in salt, and I try to keep it oiled, but that is just regular preventative maintenance. Similar to a gun, you gotta take care of it.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #311
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

used abused, screw driver, pick, chisel and small pry bar, oh yeah and a knife

its spring loaded which is kinda illegal here i think but oh well.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #312
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I have carried this Spyderco for many years around town, in the woods and on the boat in fresh and salt water. It has been immersed in both fresh and saltwater numerous times and I have had no problems with it. I do rinse it off in fresh water after being in salt, and I try to keep it oiled, but that is just regular preventative maintenance. Similar to a gun, you gotta take care of it.

CPM S30V is much more resistant to rust than 8cr13MOV. It also commands a higher price too. Gotta love the Paramilitary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanmc View Post
used abused, screw driver, pick, chisel and small pry bar, oh yeah and a knife

its spring loaded which is kinda illegal here i think but oh well.
Its nice to see a well worn knife. Just a fun fact. Camillus has gone out of business and many people are now finding their blades to be collectable.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #313
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
CPM S30V is much more resistant to rust than 8cr13MOV. It also commands a higher price too. Gotta love the Paramilitary.
Gotta love my wife for spending the money on me. She gave it to me several Christmas' ago
Old 07-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #314
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

well it is done. I picked up a Spyderco Endura 4 Full Flat Ground with the Gray handle. Might pick up another for a gift to my bro who is a cop in Gainesville, FL
Old 07-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #315
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Its nice to see a well worn knife. Just a fun fact. Camillus has gone out of business and many people are now finding their blades to be collectable.
well worn, and its only 4-6months of use. But i regularly sharpen it becuase its really abused. Holding up very well though. Im impressed.

ive noticed. Thats why 2 of my knives are camillus. Picked them up on ebay. this is the other one.

single bevel good to beat on **** with and really abuse.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #316
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Spyderco Endura 4 FFG Gray came intoday
This ****er is pretty big
Here's a pic of it next to one of my other EDC blades, a S&W M&P assisted opener.

IMAG0370 by thestemens16, on Flickr
Old 07-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #317
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

i have a question. I do alright with my sharpener but lets be honest there is much better. None of this mechanical or newb v junk. I want to do it myself.

current
Old 07-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #318
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanmc View Post
i have a question. I do alright with my sharpener but lets be honest there is much better. None of this mechanical or newb v junk. I want to do it myself.
Where was the question?
Old 07-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #319
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Where was the question?
Old 07-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #320
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

Quote:
Where was the question?
i ment to put it in there. ADH....oh shiny

anyways, what kind of sharpener should i upgrade to?