Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-25-2015, 05:55 PM   #101
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: New England Patriots

I believe that Dougy, much like the assistant to the assistant Videographer, will be getting let go soon.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:56 AM   #102
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijit View Post
The ratio equations I found show .10% +/- for every 10% in degrees C.
There's a rubber bladder in the balls. A 50* drop in temperature would effect about a 10psi drop in pressure. Much the same as your car tires.
I have no idea what the stated pressures were, but I'm thinking it was relatively mild for New England that day? What was it, about 30-40 degrees?
It's real easy to figure out if it was intentional by knowing just a few more variables.
I'm just too lazy and disinterested to look.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #103
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I believe that Dougy, much like the assistant to the assistant Videographer, will be getting let go soon.
I remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:44 AM   #104
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
There's a rubber bladder in the balls. A 50* drop in temperature would effect about a 10psi drop in pressure. Much the same as your car tires.
I have no idea what the stated pressures were, but I'm thinking it was relatively mild for New England that day? What was it, about 30-40 degrees?
It's real easy to figure out if it was intentional by knowing just a few more variables.
I'm just too lazy and disinterested to look.
I believe it was 51ºF at game time.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #105
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
I remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
Who said it was supposed to be funny?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...usaolp00000592

Old 01-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #106
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Who said it was supposed to be funny?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...usaolp00000592

Silly assumption on my part that SNL is intended to be funny.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:46 PM   #107
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I saw a report that they have a "person of interest", looks like someone is taking the fall, I wonder how but that pays.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:46 PM   #108
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

The humor may fall flat, but the prescience was spot on . . . which is the relevant point.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #109
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
The humor may fall flat, but the prescience was spot on . . . which is the relevant point.
Opinions vary.

IMO, Saturday Night Live is intended as a television show devoted to comedy. And I didn't find the sketch the least bit funny.
To me, that is the relevant point and the reason for my post - as opposed to
Old 01-27-2015, 08:22 AM   #110
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I saw a report that they have a "person of interest", looks like someone is taking the fall, I wonder how but that pays.
I still don't believe Belichick or Brady are innocent. On top of that, Kraft is now demanding an apology from the NFL. I knew that since Kraft and Goodell were so tight, that nothing was going to happen.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:03 AM   #111
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
I still don't believe Belichick or Brady are innocent. On top of that, Kraft is now demanding an apology from the NFL. I knew that since Kraft and Goodell were so tight, that nothing was going to happen.
With the precedent set on how the NFL handled Payton with the player bounties (team and coach bearing the brunt of the responsibility), I'd be surprised if Belichick and the team didn't shoulder most of the blame and whatever penalties are imposed. They are doing their best to keep Brady out of it though, which I find laughable.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:07 AM   #112
8zeros
What's this button do?

First Name: Roger
Trading: (0)
8zeros will become famous soon enough

I just saw this that explains the deflate-o-math: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...d_physics.html

I forgot to convert gauge pressure to absolute pressure which makes it seem like it takes more of a temp difference to change the pressure.

This is the basic law for the relationship between pressure and temperature: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay-Lussac%27s_law
In the article he said Charles's Law, which is for volume and pressure.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:27 AM   #113
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Roger, you have to figure elastic kinetic energy in there.
That stuff in American Thinker is right on if the vessel is an immovable object.
I took a wild ass guess at the kinetic part.

The math is so ridiculous that it'd be much easier just to blow up a ball and stick it in the fridge and see what happens.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:47 AM   #114
AdamJoshua

Did it have the formula for only affecting one team's balls (giggles) and not the other.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:50 AM   #115
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
That stuff in American Thinker is right on if the vessel is an immovable object.

The math is so ridiculous that it'd be much easier just to blow up a ball and stick it in the fridge and see what happens.
The first thing a Sailor would ask is: Were the gauges calibrated? If they weren't, they cannot know anything. I'm starting to believe that the Colts noticed the effect on their own balls and went fishing.

Adam, I ask only because I don't know: Were the Colts' balls checked on the field, too?
Old 01-31-2015, 04:11 PM   #116
AdamJoshua

Yes the balls from both teams were checked at the half and the Colt's balls were all legal.

The unclear thing is if they refs actually inflated the balls supplied by the Patriots or not, people assume they did but there's no confirmation of it.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:14 PM   #117
8zeros
What's this button do?

First Name: Roger
8zeros will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Yep, I detect an elbow there.
The Colts would have lost real bad even if they played with the other team's balls.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #118
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

All the haters can suck it..Patriots WIN!!!!
Old 02-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #119
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
All the haters can suck it..Patriots WIN!!!!
Classy and gracious, as expected.

I will never understand that last Seattle play. Let Lynch punch it in, fer Krissakes!

Congratulations to the Pats and their fans. Now get 'em off my TV so I can watch The Blacklist.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:39 PM   #120
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Be sure to send Pete Carroll a thank you note, that was a gift.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote