Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone had trouble lately with Cigarbid shipping?

Let me preface this post by saying that CI's customer service was great, as it's always been during the rare occasions I've had a problem.

A few weeks back I won auctions on a box of Man o' War Puro Authentico and a box of 20 La Perla Habana Rojo Robusto (fellow bargain hunters - if you haven't tried these, they're damned tasty at a great price point). When the package arrived, they had shipped the Maduros of the MOWs, not the naturals that I'd won. And then the thing that stunned me:

They sent me a box of 18 cigars, clearly marked with a label that says "Partial Box, 18". When I took the box out of the packaging, the end of the cigar box fell off.

I called customer service and they were as always very helpful, not to mention a little shocked at what had been sent to me. There were no more boxes of the Rojos so she asked if four 5-pks was acceptable. I said sure, and she said they'd mail out the non-Maduro MOWs and the Rojos the next day.

Three days later I received a package. I knew right away that something was wrong as the box was too small to contain my MOWs and 20 Rojos. I opened it up, and sure enough, no Rojos. Additionally, they had once again sent me Maduro Puro Authenticos. I double- and triple-checked the invoice, and it clearly stated four 5-pks of Rojos and the natural Puro Authenticos.

So, once again I called customer service. I asked for the same lady I'd dealt with before. She was absolutely stunned. She made her bosses aware of what had been happening and had the proper order shipped out yet again.

I received the box yesterday evening and apparently the third time is the charm. My wife was probably more pissed about the whole thing than I was and said "they should have thrown a free 5-pk of something good in there as an apology for the whole mess."

I don't know what's going on in their warehouse but apparently there are guys just grabbing boxes without taking a look at them and shipping them out. I think I'll be throwing my business at FSS for a while as I've never had a problem with them.

So, to the thread title: has anyone else been experiencing anything similar lately?
Old 09-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone had trouble lately with Cigarbid shipping?

I haven't had any issued with cigarbid. But I did just win a box of Diesel UHC's, they have been shipped today, but my tracking number isn't active yet. Hopefully everything comes in as it should, but we will see.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb913 View Post
I haven't had any issued with cigarbid. But I did just win a box of Diesel UHC's, they have been shipped today, but my tracking number isn't active yet. Hopefully everything comes in as it should, but we will see.
Sometimes the tracking doesn't become active until up to 24 hours after shipping.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
hazydat620
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Chad(choad, schoad)
Trading: (10)
hazydat620 is on a distinguished road

I had won a mod tracker digicamo pack for like $24, I was stoked, until I get it and they shipped me a browning mossy oak pack. You can get those @ wally world for $24. Called customer and they said sorry, but they had no more of what I won. They said I had two options, keep it, or send it back on my dime and they will refund the cost of the pack. The shipping alone on the thing would have been close to $16, So I kept it and never placed another bid. Porch Dweller... did they make you send back what they had sent you?
Old 09-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazydat620 View Post
I had won a mod tracker digicamo pack for like $24, I was stoked, until I get it and they shipped me a browning mossy oak pack. You can get those @ wally world for $24. Called customer and they said sorry, but they had no more of what I won. They said I had two options, keep it, or send it back on my dime and they will refund the cost of the pack. The shipping alone on the thing would have been close to $16, So I kept it and never placed another bid.
Oh, that's horse$hit. They sent you something you didn't order and then said you'd have to pay to return it? I'd have been asking to speak to boss after boss on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazydat620 View Post
Porch Dweller... did they make you send back what they had sent you?
They sent UPS to pick up the box of Rojos due to the box being damaged, for claims purposes. I told the UPS guy that I didn't think for a second that the box came apart due to mishandling; I gave it to him in the original shipping box and it didn't have a mark on it.

For the MOWs, they sent me a return label. I'll be calling UPS in a bit and they'll come by and pick it up.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
RepoGenetic
Budget Smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (0)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
RepoGenetic is on a distinguished road

I had a similar issue a couple weeks back when I received one five pack of the Super Gordo IT Super Fuerte Maddies rather than the two five packs of Robustos that I had won. The CS dept. was apologetic and took care of it, but yeah, never had problems in the past. Maybe they need a refresher in the warehouse.

On a more positive note, completely agree with you on the La Perla Habana. Boxes can be had for a steal with a little patience. The Rojo is great, and the Cobre is my go to morning smoke. Love them.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

I had ordered a large order a couple months back with the over $75 dollar tag along 5 pack. The missed the 5 pack. Customer service sent me out one 2 day express and it was the wrong 5 pack... Better smokes tho so I can't complain. It was interesting tho.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #8
MUNKY
Resident Pig Hunter

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (19)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
MUNKY will become famous soon enoughMUNKY will become famous soon enough

hmm guess i have been lucky, no problems yet.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about

I dont' order much from there I like to buy from B&M but the couple times I did I got what I ordered no probs.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #10
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

The only "problem" I've had with cbid is that they sent me a box of LHC OF Belicosos instead of Robustos. I didn't tell them or mind because the belicosos were $10 more retail. LOL
Old 09-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
Sweet_Leaf_PDX
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jason
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Sweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enoughSweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enough

Never had any issues with them myself, but I have not placed a ton of orders with them so only time will tell. Glad to hear that their customer service department worked with you and was eventually able to get you what you wanted. On the bright side you got some bonus cigars out of it
Sweet_Leaf_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Leaf_PDX View Post
Never had any issues with them myself, but I have not placed a ton of orders with them so only time will tell. Glad to hear that their customer service department worked with you and was eventually able to get you what you wanted. On the bright side you got some bonus cigars out of it
No, they got sent back. UPS picked up the box of Rojos and CI sent me a return label to UPS the two boxes of MOWs back.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #13
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

I seem to recall reading something from one of the CSRs about them recently bringing on a bunch of new employees in the warehouse. IIRC, part of the problem was that the new building that they just built two or three years ago, something like 4 times the size of the old one, is already overcapacity, the other reason was they had to terminate a number of the packing crew due to theft problems.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #14
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I seem to recall reading something from one of the CSRs about them recently bringing on a bunch of new employees in the warehouse. IIRC, part of the problem was that the new building that they just built two or three years ago, something like 4 times the size of the old one, is already overcapacity, the other reason was they had to terminate a number of the packing crew due to theft problems.
That makes total sense Turd.

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #15
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
I had ordered a large order a couple months back with the over $75 dollar tag along 5 pack. The missed the 5 pack. Customer service sent me out one 2 day express and it was the wrong 5 pack... Better smokes tho so I can't complain. It was interesting tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
The only "problem" I've had with cbid is that they sent me a box of LHC OF Belicosos instead of Robustos. I didn't tell them or mind because the belicosos were $10 more retail. LOL
So what if they sent you guys smokes that were less to your standard and cheaper? Would you have made a big fuss over it and complain to them? But since they sent you guys "better smokes" and "$10 more retail," it was best to keep hush? I'm just curious.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #16
REALMCCOY
Just trying to keep up

REALMCCOY is on a distinguished road

Just received my fulfillment today for a MMAO purchase. Instead of the box of MOW Puro Authentico naturals, I received an Ashton 5 cigar sampler. About the same price for what I wanted after shipping. All great smokes, a few I have yet to try, but I will be returning them, hopefully for what I was waiting for.
REALMCCOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #17
RWhisenand
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rob
Trading: (7)
Punch AirForce (Served With Honor)
RWhisenand will become famous soon enough

Man, most of the time I've forgotten exactly what I won by the time the box gets to my door. Hey look, a squirl!

Seriously though isn't Cigarbid a scratch and dent off shoot of Cigar International?

I didn't realize the turn over in their warehouse lately, I've just received one order, and have another en route, I'll check the package. BTW, I've never had an issue with Cigarbid.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #18
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

I have always had the correct cigars shipped with no physical damage. One batch was delivered of CAO Americas over humidified and sporting white splotches which they exchanged as an RMA with shipping label sent to me by them. Worked out well with easy customer support.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #19
dgold21
Why do I gotta be Mr Pink

First Name: Dave
SCdlH
dgold21 is on a distinguished road

I got a few LP9 toros from them once, and when they arrived, there were only two toros and one belicoso...and the beli had a damaged foot. When I called, they simply said they could not do anything but take the cigars back for a refund because they had no more stock of either. I kept and smoked 'em. And once I got a box of Tat red label hermosos that arrived without plastic wrapping sealing it, so they were a little dry. Both minor issues though, and other than that it's been non eventful.
dgold21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
rose jackets67
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Adam
Cohiba
rose jackets67 has disabled reputation

I had a MOW sampler get delivered with smashed feet. Quickly replaced with no drama. Remainder of the order was perfect.
rose jackets67 is offline   Reply With Quote