Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2016, 04:00 PM   #181
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  25.8 KB

Here is the Mega Arms AR10 .308 complete upper I just picked up
Old 04-15-2016, 04:01 PM   #182
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Views: 251
Size:  24.8 KB
Old 04-15-2016, 04:01 PM   #183
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Views: 249
Size:  25.8 KB
Old 04-15-2016, 04:05 PM   #184
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Nice, Mike! Robared or cerakoted?
Old 04-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #185
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Cerakote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #186
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Very Nice Mike.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #187
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Been building up the gun fund by selling off magazines and other accessories from firearms long gone and not missed. Spent some of it on a S&W Shield 9mm this weekend.

It's as tall and almost as long as my M&P 9c, just a bunch skinnier and lighter when loaded. The trigger on this Shield has a slight rough spot, but some use will take care of that. Seems to have less over travel than my other M&Ps.

I put a Pierce base plate extender on the 7 round mag so that my pinky has something to grab, that helped in draws, handling, and shooting.

It hits just a tad high past 10 yards or so, not really a problem.

I see why my friends like theirs.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #188
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
Been building up the gun fund by selling off magazines and other accessories from firearms long gone and not missed. Spent some of it on a S&W Shield 9mm this weekend.

It's as tall and almost as long as my M&P 9c, just a bunch skinnier and lighter when loaded. The trigger on this Shield has a slight rough spot, but some use will take care of that. Seems to have less over travel than my other M&Ps.

I put a Pierce base plate extender on the 7 round mag so that my pinky has something to grab, that helped in draws, handling, and shooting.

It hits just a tad high past 10 yards or so, not really a problem.

I see why my friends like theirs.
Congrats! Love my shield
Old 04-25-2016, 06:41 PM   #189
Preacher
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Ed
Trading: (0)
Navy (Served With Honor)
Preacher is on a distinguished road

I have been thinking about a pocket gun for some time, but the choices are overwhelming. Every time I think I have settled on one, I stumble across something else. I can't really decide between .380 and 9mm (like the firepower of the 9mm, but I think the .380 would handle better). I was kinda fixed on a Ruger until I went shooting on Saturday and one of the guys had a Kahr CT380. Nice pistol with a great trigger.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:10 PM   #190
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

I have a .380 bodyguard for a pocket gun, 9mm shield and a .45 compact for IWB carry and a full size 9mm.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #191
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I love the Shield 40 I bought as well. Haven't fired it a lot yet. I have a Desantis Superfly holster and a cheap ARC appendix holster for it. I have taken to carrying it appendix as a backup to the 1911. Nothing better than carrying a gun, except carrying two guns. LOL
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:51 AM   #192
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
I love the Shield 40 I bought as well. Haven't fired it a lot yet. I have a Desantis Superfly holster and a cheap ARC appendix holster for it. I have taken to carrying it appendix as a backup to the 1911. Nothing better than carrying a gun, except carrying two guns. LOL
Absolutely love my Shield 40... it is my EDC. I also have a M&P Bodyguard 380 that disappears in a pocket holster. Great for deep conceal.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:40 AM   #193
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I have been thinking about a pocket gun for some time, but the choices are overwhelming. Every time I think I have settled on one, I stumble across something else. I can't really decide between .380 and 9mm (like the firepower of the 9mm, but I think the .380 would handle better). I was kinda fixed on a Ruger until I went shooting on Saturday and one of the guys had a Kahr CT380. Nice pistol with a great trigger.
I picked up a P3AT for use as a pocket gun. While I prefer IWB for carry, if I want something small to shove in my pocket, the little 380 is hard to beat. And there are plenty out there to try and choose from. The P3ATs don't get a lot of love, but mine has never failed to go bang when I pull the trigger.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:15 AM   #194
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

I have, and love, a Kahr CM9. Took several people shooting with it and they like it a lot and got the same thing. It is my pocket carry and because of that it's the one I carry the most. I also have the M&P 9c and that's not carried much just because I like the pocket style. I think both are great guns. Suggest going to Youtube and looking up Hickock45 who does gun reviews/demonstrations. He has one on the CM9. I personally would never buy the PM9, it's higher end brother, just because the differences are not worth the extra in my opinion. A CM9 can be had for $350. Good luck.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #195
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

It's no surprise to me that there is such a divergence of opinion when it comes to "pocket carry" sized guns. Wasn't that long ago, the choices were .380/.38 special or smaller, caliber wise.

As long as I've been around firearms, I'm still willing to try new things when they come along, the learning never stops, and permanently settling on something is short-sighted, no wordplay intended.

For ME, even these little guns need a decent set of sights, but I'll leave my reasons out of this so as not to be a windbag. Point being, that takes certain offerings off the table for my use.

I would ask that those of you haven't experimented with carrying a fuller size gun at least keep an open mind, and try a few of them out too. Holsters and belts are better suited to this than not that many years back, it's way more do-able now.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #196
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It's no surprise to me that there is such a divergence of opinion when it comes to "pocket carry" sized guns. Wasn't that long ago, the choices were .380/.38 special or smaller, caliber wise.

As long as I've been around firearms, I'm still willing to try new things when they come along, the learning never stops, and permanently settling on something is short-sighted, no wordplay intended.

For ME, even these little guns need a decent set of sights, but I'll leave my reasons out of this so as not to be a windbag. Point being, that takes certain offerings off the table for my use.

I would ask that those of you haven't experimented with carrying a fuller size gun at least keep an open mind, and try a few of them out too. Holsters and belts are better suited to this than not that many years back, it's way more do-able now.
I agree Brian. I did buy a nice belt specifically for carry and several really quality holsters and I have/will carry the larger guns. And, I do shoot better at longer distances no doubt. I tend to default more often to my pocket gun when wearing shorts/sweats.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:28 AM   #197
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Picked this one up Tuesday. Not a bad looking 1911.

[IMG][/IMG]
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:32 AM   #198
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez View Post
I agree Brian. I did buy a nice belt specifically for carry and several really quality holsters and I have/will carry the larger guns. And, I do shoot better at longer distances no doubt. I tend to default more often to my pocket gun when wearing shorts/sweats.
I was amazed at the difference it made when I actually spent the money on a quality belt instead of trying to get by with a "regular" dress type belt!
Old 04-29-2016, 07:42 AM   #199
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Nice score Hal
Old 04-29-2016, 07:44 AM   #200
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I was amazed at the difference it made when I actually spent the money on a quality belt instead of trying to get by with a "regular" dress type belt!
Ya, I wear a Tru-Spec belt and I love it, great belt, great price. I have a tan one for work and a black for off duty.