Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 10-08-2016, 09:52 AM   #21
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: "V" Cut vs. Flat Cut

Hey don't piss him off, I was hoping to get a discount on one.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:11 AM   #22
Cigar Fan 29
PerfecDraw guy

First Name: Rod
Trading: (0)
Cigar Fan 29 is on a distinguished road

I just Googled Shuriken Perfect Draw and found it. That isn't even close to what I mentioned. There is no "t" in PerfecDraw, and it's all one word. I took your advice and googled the Shuriken. Please take my advice and Google PerfecDraw. You'll see the huge difference.

If you're going to count my posts, just count the ones where I comment -- replying to your comments doesn't count! LOL!

Anyway, yes, I'll try to find the new members section you suggested. Thanks.
Cigar Fan 29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:24 AM   #23
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Sorry and thanks for the clarification, I found the site. Google kept trying to force the results to be for "perfect draw". So it's not a cutter, it's basically a drawpoker with a small drill bit at the point. An interesting concept.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #24
Cigar Fan 29
PerfecDraw guy

Hey Porch Dweller -- thanks for directing me to the new guys area. I started a thread, but I wanted to post some photos. But it asked me for a URL. My photos are on my computer. Is there a way for me to post photos from my computer files?

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:57 AM   #25
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Fan 29 View Post
Hey Porch Dweller -- thanks for directing me to the new guys area. I started a thread, but I wanted to post some photos. But it asked me for a URL. My photos are on my computer. Is there a way for me to post photos from my computer files?

Thanks.
If you look at the upper left of the web site you should see a link called "User CP". Click on that. When the next page opens up, look on the left side for "Pictures & Albums". That'll take you to the section of the site where you can upload pictures and then share them in posts.
I prefer to upload to Flickr and share the link from there.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #26
Cigar Fan 29
PerfecDraw guy

Thanks! I'll give it a try.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:30 PM   #27
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
If you are referring to the Shuriken, I have used it, and I was not impressed.
That thing didn't work at all. wasted 30 bucks on it, could have bought 4 great cigars for that money
Old 10-09-2016, 02:51 PM   #28
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
That thing didn't work at all. wasted 30 bucks on it, could have bought 4 great cigars for that money
I got 2 or 3 of them for free. They are sitting in a drawer, don't wanna curse anyone else with them.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:59 PM   #29
Cigar Fan 29
PerfecDraw guy

Quote:
I got 2 or 3 of them for free. They are sitting in a drawer, don't wanna curse anyone else with them.
The PerfecDraw is entirely different. Took two years in engineering and manufacturing development. Long story.

Anyway, I'd really like your feedback. take a look at the videos at www.PerfecDraw.com.

It just launched, but there's already been a few video reviews. Those links are also on the site.

Lemme know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Rod

Old 10-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #30
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Based on the videos, seems like it could be superior to the draw tool I use now. It has some ridges for cutting, but doesn't seem as intricate as yours, Rod.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:49 PM   #31
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

I use a V cut over a traditional cut on every standard cigar (non torpedo). I find it to be a much cleaner cut with minimal shredded tobacco ending up in your mouth. Doesn't affect flavor or draw for me. I have a large tabletop cutter with two regular cuts and two v cuts all inline with one blades. Just make sure you have a nice sharp blade, same as any other cutter.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:52 AM   #32
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
The PerfecDraw is entirely different. Took two years in engineering and manufacturing development. Long story.

Anyway, I'd really like your feedback. take a look at the videos at www.PerfecDraw.com.

It just launched, but there's already been a few video reviews. Those links are also on the site.

Thanks.

Rod
my initial thought when I saw the video's on your site was "damn, what a missed opportunity in the design". You could have made it so much more versatile
Old 10-17-2016, 11:56 AM   #33
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
For those who use them, why do you prefer a "V" cut to a flat cut?
Pretty much has been the flat cut for me. Used a V cutter a couple of times at the local B&M, but have simply stayed with a flat cut. I have a punch cutter that I do use from time to time on the robustos for variety.

And, early on in the 90's, I'd use a number 8d carpenters nail for my "perfecdraw"
Old 10-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #34
ky70
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ken
ky70 is on a distinguished road

Up until a month ago, I've straight cut 95% of the time. When I did vcut, it was with a xikar and it does a decent job of cutting most cigars but the recess is somewhat shallow which sometimes leads to a v cut not deep enough on some cigars. No biggie, but it would require me to cut 2 or 3 times on some cigars to get the depth I want.

I picked up a Colibri v cutter about a month ago and now have been going with a v cut almost exclusively because I love the deep v the cutter gives and I have had great success with getting the right draw with one cut and have not had any wrappers damaged, even if somewhat dry.
ky70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #35
OnePyroTec
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Wayne
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
OnePyroTec will become famous soon enough

I started smoking cigars in the 80's. I was always a typical flat cut kind of guy. Everywhere you went, you would be given a regular single blade flat cutter. I did try a bullet punch for a while, but everyone who borrowed it would tap out the cutting and ruin the blade!

Eventually I purchased a Xikar dual blade in the 90's and Marc gave me a Palio at a SoCal herf. Fast forward to today, my son has be gifted my original Xikar, my Palio cutter sits in my pick-up as back up (when I leave behind my V-Cutter) or loaner, and I use & have used for the last year or so a Xikar V-Cutter. Dion G. has a table top V-Cutter on his counter and I use it every time I go to Fumare in Reno....it got me hooked on V-Cuts so I purchased the Xikar V-Cut from him since I could not carry a table top cutter everywhere. YES, I use it on all sizes including Torps/Figurados.

edit for the offshoot part of the thread: I do not use a tool other than a trash can for a plugged cigar.
OnePyroTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:19 AM   #36
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePyroTec View Post
edit for the offshoot part of the thread: I do not use a tool other than a trash can for a plugged cigar.
This is also my approach to plugged cigars. I have tried dry boxing for weeks/months and have used cigar drills and pokers with very little success.
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:23 AM   #37
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Quote:
If you are referring to the Shuriken, I have used it, and I was not impressed.
Admiral ....

YOU ****ING JINXED ME!!!!!

I thought I got rid of my Shuriken, hadn't seen it for over a year and thought I gave it away. Just opened the bottom drawer of my desk, and what do I see? That $30 piece of useless crap! I blame you for mentioning it
Old 12-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #38
Yamasa
Inmate #19

First Name: Alistair
Cohiba Army (Served With Honor)
Yamasa is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thanks.

Rod

I use a similar device that is a shop tool.
It is an oxy/acetylene torch tip cleaner hand held mini drill.
The bits are not as long, and it does not draw any tobacco out because I have only used it during the smoke, not before. It simply pushes a hole through the tobacco.
Yamasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #39
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:

Thanks.

Rod

Just Ordered One. Will Post My Thoughts When I Use It A Few Times. Thanks!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:41 PM   #40
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Just Ordered One. Will Post My Thoughts When I Use It A Few Times. Thanks!
Used It, Tonite! Different Than Other Draw Tools. Very Sharp & Well Made. Actually Pulls A Small Amount Of Tobacco From The Cigar & Opens Up The Draw Nicely. A "Winner", IMO.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote