Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #361
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2009

uh oh.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #362
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I think Gary Danielsen is about as fair and balanced of a commentator as there is in broadcasting college football,
and I am as confused as he is. What kind of officiating is going on here? Of course, they don't see in slo motion,
and I thought the pass interference call was good at first, too. But in slo mo I could see the defender had turned
around. And there is a good chance 96 got called for what he SAID as much as what he did, but the refs are seriously
trying to give this one away.

Oh my, 4 kick return defenders celebrate and no call? eeh. who cares Hogs have to TAKE this game.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #363
G G
BR549

Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Once again it seems like the SEC officials are intent on deciding the winner.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #364
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

First down my a$$. Did the official who made the spot even see the tackle?

I know he missed an obvious false start in the drive earlier, and that's his only
pre-snap responsibility. What was he looking at, tebow's a$$

Like GD said though, a win is a win and no one remembers how you won.
Arkansas failed to TAKE it. Damn shame, too cause I wanted to know how
far FLA was going to fall in the pollm beaten by an inranked team. I was damn curious.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #365
DavenportESQ
Vaya Con Dios

First Name: David
Trading: (15)
ERdM
DavenportESQ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
First down my a$$. Did the official who made the spot even see the tackle?

I know he missed an obvious false start in the drive earlier, and that's his only
pre-snap responsibility. What was he looking at, tebow's a$$

Like GD said though, a win is a win and no one remembers how you won.
Arkansas failed to TAKE it. Damn shame, too cause I wanted to know how
far FLA was going to fall in the pollm beaten by an inranked team. I was damn curious.
Couldn't be too far..USC barely dropped with a loss to Washington earlier this year...

Gamecock nation vs. Bama

Lets go Cocks!
Old 10-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #366
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Florida was fortunate to get the win. Kudos to Arkansas' defsnsive line, they were a force.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #367
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
the refs are seriously
trying to give this one away.
i think our 4 lost fumbles was the closest thing to trying to give the game away in that game. 3 fumbles in the first half and arkansas could only score 10? that was a testiment to our defense and shows why arkansas is unranked.

UF played like crap but championship teams find a way to win. closest game UF will play until the SEC championship game i think
Old 10-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #368
DavenportESQ
Vaya Con Dios

Trading: (15)
ERdM
DavenportESQ has disabled reputation

Lets go Gamecocks!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #369
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

My Gators almost pulled a Gator!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #370
Clampdown
I Cut Like a Buffalo

First Name: Brian
Trading: (12)
RA
Clampdown will become famous soon enough

Old 10-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #371
Poe
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
Poe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Once again it seems like the SEC officials are intent on deciding the winner.
There were alot of horrible an inexcusable calls today, especially in the 4th quarter of the Arkansas vs Florida game. With that said the hawgs still had a chance to win and props to Florida for pulling it out late. Arkansas may be the best 3-3 team in the country.

Props to South Carolina for playing a very solid defensive game, they made a good quarterback look bad. I hope Moe Brown is ok (and based on what I've heard he is), never good to see a player get knocked out like that. WOW at Mark Ingram, he had 269 total yards and played better than the stat line shows (as hard as that is to believe). It was amazing to watch him put the game on his back that last scoring drive. Marquis Johnson also played lights out, SC kept trying to pick on him and he'd bat the ball down every time, would have had an INT in the endzone if not for a flagrant offensive pass interference call that wasn't called. Bama's D played lights out as a whole, if it wasn't for playing soft on that last drive they would have held SC to less yards than Ingram had (as it was SC outgained Ingram by 9 yards).
Old 10-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #372
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ View Post
Couldn't be too far..USC barely dropped with a loss to Washington earlier this year...

Gamecock nation vs. Bama

Lets go Cocks!
Yeah, but that's USC. They are not allowed to fall far.

Haha, I was readng all the typos in my post I was sober as a judge.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #373
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
UF played like crap but championship teams find a way to win. closest game UF will play until the SEC championship game i think
Yeah, I have to say that consistency is the secret, they have not let down, under intense pressure besides.
Of course maybe they don't FEEL pressured cause they think they are the best team in football. I don't mean
that in a wah-wah way, they might be right. I thought spirit and guts and luck would get the Tigers by em,
and there was no way. Then I said Mallet was too good and the Hogs would get the Gators by stopping the run,
or rather by learning from LSUs mistakes. Dang if I wasn't right. But that D was too tough again. I still don't like
em, but they are tough, and now I am thinking that Bama ain't even got enough for em. I KNOW I am wrong;
The Tide are balanced AND consistent, which tells me they will win, but look what I said about Arkansas and
the Tigers before them. Normally you call that a mouthy guy who doesn't know football. Nope. I hate the
gators and cannot admit they are as good as they are. But now, I just hate the gators. Bastids is good.

Damn nap, I missed the first third of the game, that's when all the "Good" stuff happened. Did get to see that crazy TD.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:07 PM   #374
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

No doubt there were two poor calls on the Florida touchdown drive, and that helped them. They needed it too, because they certainly didn't help themselves with all the fumbles. Again, I must say how impressed I was with Arkansas' defensive line, they were amazing, especially in the first half.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #375
Poe
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
Poe is on a distinguished road

Florida #1 in the new Coaches poll, Bama #1 in the AP. Not only could the SEC champ game be 2 undefeateds, it could be #1 vs #1 lol (still alot of the season left to play, not getting ahead of myself just saying that would be interesting).
Old 10-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #376
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe View Post
Florida #1 in the new Coaches poll, Bama #1 in the AP. Not only could the SEC champ game be 2 undefeateds, it could be #1 vs #1 lol (still alot of the season left to play, not getting ahead of myself just saying that would be interesting).
Hopefully BAMA Can Have Another Rematch With The Admiral's Gators The End Of The Year!
Old 10-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #377
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Florida #1 In BCS, Also.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #378
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
it could be #1 vs #1 lol
that would be an awesome testiment to the supremacy of the SEC.

although i'm sure all Bama fans would agree. i'm not interested in bronze trophies or paper trophies, i want SEC trophies and crystal ball trophies!!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #379
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
eehh. Not so much. There is alot of season to go yet, as you rightly pointed out.
Personally, and this is no shock, I think Alabama should be number one in both polls.
But I am disgruntled.
Some reasonable reasoning suggests that they are virtually unchanged from their championship roster,
They have not lost a game, so they should not lose their ranking. But based on who they have played
and how they have performed, I give the edge to Alabama. But the coaches poll is voted on by not only
people who don't want TX to come too far up should some whisper of blight be cast on a SEC team,
but by people who generally do not see as much football as the AP pollsters do. They vote what they
hear and what they catch on sportscenter. They are busy playing games and during the week, planning
for games. I believe the AP alot more. Alabama is No.1.
Still not sure of who is the best team, but I do not like the way FLA plays. Something stinks about both
how things happen in games and how things are perceived by the officials, or so it seems to the non-FLA viewer.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #380
OLS
Suck It

Hey, LSU didn't LOSE this week, yahoo!
Closed Thread