Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 11-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #21
Cigary

Default Re: trip to costco

Costco is great. We went to Maui a couple of months ago and went to the store they have there and saved ourselves about $700 for the week. Instead of eating out every day to the tune of about $100 per day we bought the best Rib Eye steaks,,,fresh Atlantic salmon and shrimp,,,damn near paid for half the trip. We stayed at a condo that had a full kitchen and it was easy to fix the best meals.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #22
zonedar

We've got a big one within walking distance. Saw the champagne there the other day and it had a high rating. Thinking of getting some for a NYE party we're throwing. Anyone here tried it?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #23
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

The Macallan scotch was seen by my beady little eyes today while on an errand for a TV today.
79.00... My cheap (uh... frugal?) ass didn't buy any, but they have released it again, and it goes pretty quickly. As I understand, this is a stellar deal for 18 or 19 year old Macallan. I think I may have to ask Santa Claus for a wee dram, and if I am lucky, she will justify it as cheaper than me spending it on strippers and meth.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #24
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

addendum.
http://www.costcoconnection.com/conn...ks_wine/?pg=11
Old 11-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #25
Opusfxd
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Opusfxd is on a distinguished road

I've been lucky enough to have been gifted a couple bottles of the Kirkland Vodka. Yummy stuff. I've heard the Grey Goose stories as well. I didn't care too much where it came from because it was that good.
Opusfxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #26
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

I'm working on 21 years with Costco, it's a great place to work... not to mention all the free demo food every day
Old 02-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #27
PinkPistol86

I like going into Costco with an empty stomach. They have yummy samples that fill you up. I just wish they sampled their alcohol. I would walk out of there full and drunk.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #28
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
I'm working on 21 years with Costco, it's a great place to work... not to mention all the free demo food every day
You Rock!!!

I want to be you when I grow up!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #29
Teeznutz
Habanos Addict

First Name: Troy
Trading: (1)
Cohiba
Teeznutz is on a distinguished road

Going to costco today!! Bad influences....... : o )
Teeznutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #30
cle_smoker
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Robert
Trading: (1)
RA
cle_smoker will become famous soon enough

I absolutely love Costco. I shop there at least twice a month. Having a diet pepsi-aholic in the family doesn't help. I had heard that there were some that sold cigars but I didn't know they sold alcohol other than wine.

In the summer (and sometimes winter) I am always buying pork shoulders, briskets, and ribs for the BBQ. Their prices on the large pieces of meat are hard to beat.

And I agree about the Marcona almonds. They are fantastic.

cle_smoker
cle_smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #31
eber
Have My Own Room

First Name: Erik
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
eber will become famous soon enough

I wish I had a costco closer to me, I have to settle with Sams Club, from what I heaer costco is much better
eber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #32
MithShrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
I worked the 04-05 holiday season in electronics and hard lines. I loved it. I could just chat up the sample folks and eat as much as I wanted, never had to bring a lunch. They let me go for the season two days before I hit 90 days... I wanted to work there.