Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
Junior

Default A tip for those with Diesels

Here is a little tip for you. Always carry a bar of soap in the truck with you, and this is why.

This takes place about 8 years ago. I was in New York City driving a truck. I was crossing over the Verrazano Bridge going into the city. I heard what I thought was a tire blow. I got out checked the truck and all the tires were good so I went on. I noticed my fuel gauge dropping, so I pulled over again. There was a hole in one of my tanks about the size of your pinky. I called the shop and they told me to find a tree, and cut a branch to plug the hole. I reminded them I was in New York City, and there wasn’t a tree to be found where I was. I then remembered a story that an old coal hauler had told me, and went to work. I had my brother dig around in by bag to find the soap. I start shoving it into the hole, and it stopped leaking. After I got done delivering my load in Little Jamaica they sent me to a shop in the Bronx to get it fixed. That didn’t work out so I went to Long Island to pick up my load. I went from Long Island down to Florida back to North Carolina over to Memphis then back to Nashville. The shop guys couldn’t believe that it held at all, but they became believers when the saw the small green bit of soap on the tank. Come to find out they found a bullet in the tank. That was my very last trip to NYC.