Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #21
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chantix and cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
With regards to the OP, cold turkey is the way to go. You have to really want to quit, and not quit because someone says you have to. Its YOU who wants to quit.
I concur. You have to WANT to, and then it is not that difficult. Not that it's easy modifying behavior, but once I decided to quit, the cigarette lost all appeal to me.

Cigarette free now for 24 years after deciding to quit for ME.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #22
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Just wanted to post an update. The day i posted this thread (Wed) was the day i began the pills. I smoked cigs and a cigar on Wed and Fri, cigs only on Thur and Sat, and sunday stopped everything. I didn't smoke a cigar until the following Friday. The reason I posted this thread was to find out if the drug would alter the taste of my cigars, and am happy to report it hasn't.

I started small with a Nub Connecticut on Friday & the Cameroon on Saturday, and have been trying different sizes and bodied cigars all week with no ill affects to report, and still no cigarettes.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #23
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Glad it's working for you so far. Keep up the good work.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #24
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Good news Dom. How have the cig cravings been? I know my coworker used chantix and he had absolutely no desire to smoke at all.

And just some encouragement, it's been over 3 years since he's touched a cigarette. I know it still takes some will power afterwords, and he still gets cravings, but the chantix really helped that initial struggle to quit.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #25
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
Good news Dom. How have the cig cravings been? I know my coworker used chantix and he had absolutely no desire to smoke at all.

And just some encouragement, it's been over 3 years since he's touched a cigarette. I know it still takes some will power afterwords, and he still gets cravings, but the chantix really helped that initial struggle to quit.
None at all! This has been the easiest attempt a quiting for me. I've tried other times and not even made it thru lunch, let alone a week. I know it's only been 10 or so days but its my longest streak since I started smoking.

Thanks to everyone for the support and advice.