Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
nozero

Thumbs up JFR Maduro Titan 6X60

Man, this is a fine cigar! FOTT great flavor and body. I grabbed a box of 50 from Atlantic. This is my go to smoke for now. I'm going to put a few back in my "save these" box in the Vinotemp and see how they age.

This was my first purchase from Atlantic. I foresee more in my future!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: JFR Maduro Titan 6X60

Atlantic is good folks to deal with.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation

great sticks. Surprised to see them advertised/sold online. Historically they have not lasted long when online. Tropical has done an aggressive job on keeping them true to their name "Just for Retailers".

When production switched to Hondruras from Nicaragua Cigar.com had them but called them JFC (just for catalog), but they weren't at Cigar.com for long.

I still have a cab + of the original robustos (Nicaraguan production) and I will hate to see them go. Good to hear the Honduran production is holding up. Never understood why they never got more attention on the boards, and always wondered why Tropical is so adamant about keeping them off internet sales.

Enjoy 'em
billybarue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

I love these sticks. Dollar for dollar probably one of the best buys anywhere. My local B&M has them but they are tucked away so nobody can see them. I accidentally stumbled on to them one time after hearing rave reviews and tried one. They are great!
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
nozero

I forgot to mention that I had tried JFR before in different sizes, both Maduro and Corojo, so I was not buying them blind. Our youngest son gave me a couple of them quite a while back. I'm having the second one right now and it's every bit as good as the one I nubbed last night.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

I agree they are amazing cigars for the money, heck period! I bought about 20 some time ago. Did they change the blend or just production?
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

I'm a fan of the JFR maduro, but the Titan is too large for me.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
nozero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratters View Post
I'm a fan of the JFR maduro, but the Titan is too large for me.
Large they are! I don't care for the first inch, but that's often the case with other cigars as well. I like the last third the most. I tend to gravitate to larger ring gauge smokes, especially when they don't cost considerably more than their smaller versions. I, at least, feel and think like I'm getting my moneys worth. One exception to this was with the Party Short. That one was given to my by gnukfu, and remains one of the best smokes I've ever enjoyed.