Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #81
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Volunteers needed for blind reviews

Review of cigar #1 by Fissure:

Cigar #1 has a ring gauge of 38 while being 4.25 inches long.

1. The cigar has a maduro wrapper that is nice and dark with a nice toothiness to it. Also has a few veins along with a few lumps. Kind of rustic looking.

Aesthetics score 3

2. Construction was pretty good, being densely packed with no soft spots, or any noticeable hard spots. Has a sweet earthy tobacco smell to it.

Construction Score 4

3. The cigar has no draw issues and does pull smoke through on its own. Burns easily with a nice straight burn that produces a nice solid white ash that holds on for about 2 inches. As it burns it does soften up, but not to the point of sponginess. Burns cool all the way down to the last 1/4 where it heats up a bit.

Post Light Construction Score 4.5

4. Cigar is not a very complex cigar and sticks to its original sweet, earthy, and woody flavors throughout. I would rate this cigar as a mild cigar. The nose exhale is a little harsh once and a while, but when it is not harsh, the sweetness really comes out.

Flavor and Strength Score 3.2

5. The aftertaste is mild with a pleasant sweet woody flavor. Does not really linger long after. Towards the end as it was heating up there was a slight bitterness, but I expect that with the heat up.

Aftertaste score 3

6. The aroma is really close to what it tastes like. It has the sweet woody aroma that is pretty light.

Aroma score 4

7. I enjoyed this cigar (and the rest of them) with iced tea. I would think that this cigar would be a descent morning cigar with coffee. Took me an hour, but I smoke on the slower side. No touch-ups were needed. While I enjoyed the cigar the lack of complexity caused me to score it lower overall.

Overall score 3.5

I would possibly recommend this cigar to someone else. Especially if they were looking for a nice morning to cigar to have with coffee. If the price was right this would be a good cigar for when time is short.

Thanks Todd I'm guessing this might be the rocky patel maduro junior due to its size and having a slight flavor of RP's other maduros that I have smoked.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:08 AM   #82
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Review #1 by Kgoings:

1) Aesthetics: Very nice looking cigar, Colorado Maduro in color. 106mm (4 1/8th) 36 gauge. The cigar has a light oily sheen, pretty smooth with one or two smaller veins. 4.5

2) Pre-light Construction: Light tobacco smell, firmly rolled with no soft spots. Seems a little dense for such a small cigar, a bit heavy. Very well rolled, prefect pre-light draw. 4.0

3) Post-light Construction: During the first third the burn was razor sharp, the ash was white and it was almost perfect ash, no cracks in the ash at all...the ash looked like a white version of the cigar. In the second and last third the burn wasn't so straight but didn't become a problem. The cigar did not ever need a touch up. The cigar smoked perfectly, neither hot nor cold. 4.5

4) Flavor and Strength: This cigar started with a very rich tobacco flavor and spice on the first puff. But after that the first thirds flavor was a dry rich tobacco. In the second third a spice that may have been there in the first third but not predominant became more noticeable. The flavors remained pretty much the same throughout the rest of the cigar. Dry rich tobacco with some spice. 3.0

5) Finish/Aftertaste: In the beginning the finish was very short and mainly tobacco. Towards the end of the first third the finish became longer and was a light spice on the back of the throat. 3.0

6) Aroma: The aroma was nice, the spice was most noticeable in the aroma. Although at a point I thought a caught a whiff or two of citrus which was a bit unexpected. I never tasted anything citrus or fruity. I expected the cigar to have more spice in the flavor based on how it smelled but it never reached that level. 3.5

7) General Comments: This cigar was well made and have a very nice flavor. Its probably not something that would make it onto my list of 'buys' but just because its not the profile I look for in a cigar. It was a nice change of pace cigar. I expected the cigar to be much spicier but it wasn't, which is a good thing. Overall score for the cigar 3.2

8) Recommendation: Possibly Recommended. This cigar had a nice flavor, and was very well made but it just didn't grab me.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #83
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Review #1 by dyieldin:

1) Aesthetics: the look of the cigar - oily, dark, pretty nice looking build, Nice brown wrapper with no major veins.

Score for aesthetics:4.6

2) Pre-light Construction: Roll cigar between fingers - soft spots?N loose?N tight?Y dense? Y lightweight? N Well rolled? Y, very. how does it smell? Has a sweet musty aged smell. I thought the draw would be a little tight but it loosened right up on lighting.

Score for Pre-light construction:4.6

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Does it draw well - Yes, does smoke pull through on its own -Yes, do soft spots appear after lighting- No, burnes evenly? Yes, very well. smokes hot or cool? somewhere in the middle What is ash like? Nice even burn, razor sharp, made nice rings in the ash for each puff. color of ash? Was a real light grey almost white. flaky or solid? Very solid, rock hard and had to force off.

Score for post-light construction:4.8

4) Flavor and strength: What does it taste like? Full-bodied, Does it taste earthy, fruity, some what sweet, nicely rich, robust, somewhat woody. pleasant. Does it build in flavor and/or complexity as you smoke it - mildly? it is flavorful, complex? Did it get bitter?- last 1/3 did but purge helped.

Score for flavor4.4
and strength:4.7

5) Finish/Aftertaste: Finish or aftertaste is the sensation &/or flavor on you palate after each puff, not the taste left after you finish the cigar. it is heavy a little fruity, strong and Pleasant. Harsh-Sometime had a bite, a lot to do with the size and strength.

Score for aftertaste:4.2

6) Aroma: What does it smell like? is smells Good more on the light side. caught a couple of light floral hints, a note of perfume, a little woodsy in the middle.

Score for aroma:4.2

7) General Comments: Are samples consistent? - not sure what this means here.... Did it remind you of something? A.fuente. Would you buy them? Sure. Sum it up as you would to a friends ("That cigar was awesome!") This is a tasty little powerhouse, very satisfying

Overall score for the cigar:4.5

8) Recommendation: Would you recommend the cigar? Pick one of the following and explain:

Recommended - Nice rich taste but not unique enough to rate highly recommended.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #84
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

What you smoked was a J. Fuego Delirium Minuto - 4.25X40.

Great little taste bomb for a very reasonable price, can be had for about $2.25 a stick.

Great job guys.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #85
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

Nice reviews fellas!
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote