Old 04-22-2010, 10:20 PM   #41
doctorcue
BABOTL - VP of Drinking

First Name: Danny
Trading: (2)
VR
doctorcue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread

I'm so happy with the Raiders taking McClain @ #8. We have needed a strong ILB presence; this will provide it. Now onto Round 2!!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:10 AM   #42
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

For as long as Best can stay healthy and provide the home-run threat he is, I am very happy with the Lions draft. I feel they could have gotten him in the 2nd round but who knows what was going on behind the scenes.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:18 AM   #43
coastietech

I'm pretty stoked about the Jets pick up of Wilson... He will make a great addition to the nickel and is a powerhouse on special teams.

I still think Cody would have made a nice pick up with Jenkins being hurt last year and all, but overall I am very impressed with the move this team has made during offseason and this draft pick is no different. On paper there isn't a team in the NFL right now with more raw talent. Hopefully that shows up on the field.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #44
Bigwaved

Trading: (3)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Bigwaved has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
lets not forget he was not the only starter for that team last season. Not that he had a standout year regardless, but I'd take him over Orton
He did nothing with his opportunity in Cleveland. It really seemed like he was not playing with confidence. Either the offense was very limited play calling wise or he could not progress through his options down field last year. Teams did not have to respect any routes past 8-10 yards. It was pitiful. Painful to watch. He was not a trouble maker even though his stay in Cleveland was not very rosey. I wish him well, as soon as he plays for someone else besides the Broncos...
Bigwaved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #45
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Tebow? He's already reached his ceiling. Excellent college player, but virtually every facet of his game translates to mediocre at the NFL. Dumb move IMO.
I see and hear this all the time, obviously, and NO ONE on earth hates
Tebow more than me, but this statement is chock full of holes and unknowables. I think you are
forgetting a little something called GOD.
DO you think Tebow's heavenly father will let him fail? snort! I don't see that happening.

OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #46
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
My Bills need a QB and what do they draft??? A RB...nothing wrong at all with CJ SPiller, but Clausen would have been a perfect fit. Oh well...another cold season in Buffalo.
This was the surprise of the night for me as well. Tebow couldn't have come close to surprising me like
the Spiller pick did.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:42 AM   #47
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I see and hear this all the time, obviously, and NO ONE on earth hates
Tebow more than me, but this statement is chock full of holes and unknowables. I think you are
forgetting a little something called GOD.
DO you think Tebow's heavenly father will let him fail? snort! I don't see that happening.

I think Tebow will be calling out to "Dad" the first time a Ray Lewis or Jared Allen puts a hit on him as he takes a minute or so to pick a receiver.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #48
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I personally don't see him even moving into the #2 spot ahead of Quinn.
Depends on how he does in camp. I can't disagree with your comment but Quinn sucks.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #49
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Seriously, do you have to knock a guy for being a well known Christian? It's one thing to evaluate his physical tools and ability to make it at the next level, but directing criticism or making a joke over his faith is weak IMO. In a world that lacks high character guys in professional sports and the corporate world, you'd think we'd be more happy to appreciate him on a personal level. It just shows how far we've fallen to resort to this level.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:35 AM   #50
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Quote:
Seriously, do you have to knock a guy for being a well known Christian? It's one thing to evaluate his physical tools and ability to make it at the next level, but directing criticism or making a joke over his faith is weak IMO. In a world that lacks high character guys in professional sports and the corporate world, you'd think we'd be more happy to appreciate him on a personal level. It just shows how far we've fallen to resort to this level.

I had more typed out, but don't think its worth posting. So will just leave it as I agree with you
Old 04-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #51
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
Depends on how he does in camp. I can't disagree with your comment but Quinn sucks.
I really don't see him playing this year unless Orton implodes (which could and has happened in the past).

All of the comments about him not having NFL talent are a little off base. He has talent that needs refined.
I'm not saying that he will be the second coming of Elway or anything like that, but if you look at the last 5-7 years of Denver QBs, this will be an improvement... if the coaching staff can restore some confidence into this kid and whip him into NFL shape. That isn't a huge stretch.

He needs work, but NFL coaching and training are light years ahead of what he has had to this point.
e.g. Tony Romo

Get a kid comfortable, coach him, and work with him. Do not throw him into the fire. Very few QBs comer into the NFL and thrive if thrown into the fire.

Pretending to play golf since 1989
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:47 AM   #52
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Couldnt have said it better.
I guess players that cheat on their wife, beat their girlfriend, have 7 kids with 7 different women, shoot up the club, smoke weed, and drink and drive make better stories!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #53
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

I apologize, maybe I should've used the phrase "crying like a little girl." Or would that offend our Girl Scout members?
My point is that Tebow will be eaten alive with his late release and insistence on keeping it *every damn time* he runs the option.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #54
King James
Regard Me!

Bolivar

I would be part of the camp that thinks it would be possible to state the fact that you think Tebow will fail in the NFL without going out of your way to offend christians, girl scouts, or anyone else besides maybe Tebow himself.

Also, his new release/throwing action is much better if he can keep it.... but I still think he is not a franchise QB for the NFL
Old 04-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #55
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
In a world that lacks high character guys in professional sports and the corporate world, you'd think we'd be more happy to appreciate him on a personal level. It just shows how far we've fallen to resort to this level.
That's because you relate religion with high character. So it would follow that you think people with No religious beliefs to be of low character? To me it shows how far Christianity has "fallen" in that believers continue to have a "we're right, you're wrong" mentality. How high in character do you think those Irish priests were? How high in character were Jim and Tammy? And these were people at the very top of the pile. And frankly the list goes ON AND ON. Sorry for offending you, but your argument is a little biased. People have been successfully making Tebow jokes for years and years. As for the actual sentiment, I think he is going to be fairly successful in the NFL. But religion, to me, is a highly sophisticated superstition. A money extraction device hiding behind the fear of a higher power.

And my goal is not to offend the religious. This is a free country, that I served to defend.
I welcome the fact that people can serve any god they wish, theoretically, in peace.
It binds communities together in a shared expectation of behavior and beliefs. But so does common sense and a general acceptance of right and wrong, acceptable and unacceptable behavior.

Mods, feel free to entirely delete this argument by me. But I was not making fun of his
religion, I was stating that I think that Tebow truly believes that his heavenly father will
intervene on his behalf.

Last edited by OLS; 04-23-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #56
OLS
Suck It

I haven't had this much crap thrown since I rejoiced when he cried on the
sidelines after Alabama showed him how real football teams accomplish their
goals.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #57
King James
Regard Me!

Bolivar

Quote:
I haven't had this much crap thrown since I rejoiced when he cried on the
sidelines after Alabama showed him how real football teams accomplish their
goals.
now that was funny, and your second post clarifies your argument much better. However, my post was not in reference to you being offensive so no hard feelings
Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #58
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
now that was funny, and your second post clarifies your argument much better. However, my post was not in reference to you being offensive so no hard feelings
And I def don't want to drag the thread down, this is not a religious thread. But I get raised hackles when the point is made in a certain way in my direction. Everyone knows I am an A-hole, we have established that long ago. But maybe now I see that raised hackles work both ways. I hate Tebow cause of the way he managed to escape countless opponents by miracles and still be part of the No.1 team. I rejoiced when his perspective was altered by the Tide.
As a NFL'er, I am part of the minority that thinks he is going to surprise alot of people.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #59
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Quote:
As a NFL'er, I am part of the minority that thinks he is going to surprise alot of people.
I'm tempted to ask if you want to put a 5er where your mouth (keyboard?) is, but I don't know how we could quantify something like that (too many variables)...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #60
OLS
Suck It

Excellent, back to football. You are right it would be hard to really fairly judge the results.
As for the measuring stick, I would say 'look at the man'. He is a big boy and will be playing with
big boys. At least for NOW, he has no fear it would seem. There might be mechanical problems,
but at the height of the arguments, I saw Tebow make the toughest throws there are with NO trouble.
They were on the 5 and everyone is thinking jump pass or something. He might have even faked
that throw, and then RIFLED the ball out to a sideline button hook right across the goal line.
Thrown PERFECTLY where no one could get it but his guy. Alot of people say that in FLA, all you have to
do is put the ball as far downfield as you can and let someone fast run under it. It WAS true. But
when Tebow has a throw to make, he usually makes it. And I hate him. People say wildcat this
and wildcat that, and they are right as far as it goes. But there are teams RIGHT NOW who could have
plenty of success with him, even under center. Granted, they would need a good O line to make it work
for a 16 game season, but if Tebow is the best you have, and in Denver, he might BE, I think they can
make it happen. And to be honest, EVERYBODY showed a little wildcat last year.