Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #381
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cigar Bid

Seems like I keep winning a single 5-pack over the weekend, and I spend the M-W looking for other 5-packs, singles, or accessories to boost the order and offset shipping charges. Unfortunately, by that time, there aren't any accessories ending on or before Wednesday night so I'm left scrounging for singles. If I win a 5-pack for $5-$10, I basically try to pad the order up to $20ish so I don't feel like I've paid such a high percentage of my order on shipping.
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #382
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopkins82 View Post
Seems like I keep winning a single 5-pack over the weekend, and I spend the M-W looking for other 5-packs, singles, or accessories to boost the order and offset shipping charges. Unfortunately, by that time, there aren't any accessories ending on or before Wednesday night so I'm left scrounging for singles. If I win a 5-pack for $5-$10, I basically try to pad the order up to $20ish so I don't feel like I've paid such a high percentage of my order on shipping.
Yea they defiantly have it down to a science and rape on the shipping (which takes a week to reach me when flat rate USPS takes two days) but if you buy smart there is still a bunch of money to be saved.
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #383
Bleez
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bleez
Trading: (26)
SCdlH
Bleez will become famous soon enough

These guys have great customer service. I recently had to dispose of a Hemingway Best Seller due to a slice caused by the band and a Tat Miami that was crushed by my Stinky Jr. The Cbid team is refunding me for those purchases. Great cs goes a long way to keep me happy!!!

Bleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #384
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

I peeked my head into the Devil Site. As the Rush song says, "I can learn to resist anything but temptation...." Just a few singles and a Xikar ash can. Probably won't win. It's enough to justify shipping.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #385
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Fun. I have a 5er I just won yesterday and trying tying to snag a few shirts for 4 bucks.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #386
Islayphile
Wee Dram Hunter

First Name: Mike
Bolivar
Islayphile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonw560 View Post
I peeked my head into the Devil Site. As the Rush song says, "I can learn to resist anything but temptation...." Just a few singles and a Xikar ash can. Probably won't win. It's enough to justify shipping.
That's how it starts...

Place bids thinking that you'll never win since it's so cheap

Go back, realize you've won most if not all of your lots

Rinse and Repeat

You're doomed

Old 04-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #387
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islayphile View Post
That's how it starts...

Place bids thinking that you'll never win since it's so cheap

Go back, realize you've won most if not all of your lots

Rinse and Repeat

You're doomed

LOL. I know. I won the three sticks I bid on, the ash can bidding ends tonight, I think.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #388
Jacapo

Well, I have one question. What website(s) / places do you look to compare prices and make sure you are actually bidding at a price that is good. I am still getting a feel for my taste and want to try various samplers, and this devil site may be the place for me to do that. But, I don't want to pay for something that isn't good, or over pay for something.

So, currently I have no issues with the devil site, because I am to afraid to bid on anything for fear of getting jipped. You all might save me money by not responding.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #389
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

on cbid, I check cigars intl, they are who runs it.. Make sure you pay no more than what cigarintl sells for. I also compare to famous smokes..

Use places you normally buy from online.. Never hurts to 'shop' around.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #390
Islayphile
Wee Dram Hunter

First Name: Mike
Bolivar
Islayphile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacapo View Post
Well, I have one question. What website(s) / places do you look to compare prices and make sure you are actually bidding at a price that is good. I am still getting a feel for my taste and want to try various samplers, and this devil site may be the place for me to do that. But, I don't want to pay for something that isn't good, or over pay for something.

So, currently I have no issues with the devil site, because I am to afraid to bid on anything for fear of getting jipped. You all might save me money by not responding.
Since Cbid is owned by Cigars International/Cigar.com, it's always a good idea to check there for their everyday price before you bid.

I've often seen bids go for much higher than what they could've purchased it for outright over at either of those two sites.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #391
levrac68
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Todd
levrac68 is on a distinguished road

One of the best pieces of advice I got on here regarding Cigar Bid is... Don't get caught up in a bidding war, what you want will almost always come around again in a few days... So far that has rung so true for me.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #392
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

Quote:

Try Thompson's.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #393
jluck
Way out there

HdM

Quote:

What I do...If I am interested in something I highlight product key words, right click, use "search with Google", open it in another window and start checking prices.Keep cbid shipping in mind, set a price on a item and don't go over on it!!! That item will come up again and again and again.(most of the time)
There's times to bid and times to wait you will learn with time.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #394
Ncpsycho
Newly obsessed

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (5)
Cohiba
Ncpsycho is on a distinguished road

I use C-bid And Cigarauctioneer.com--- I e-mailed cigarauctioneer 3 weeks in a row to delay my shippment till I had "enough" to justify the shipping --they did it no problem--- Im sure c-bid would do the same
Ncpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #395
nick2021
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (17)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
nick2021 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by levrac68 View Post
One of the best pieces of advice I got on here regarding Cigar Bid is... Don't get caught up in a bidding war, what you want will almost always come around again in a few days... So far that has rung so true for me.
Best advice ever, some of these people drop money on it without first doing their homework. Why pay retail price + shipping (or worse, even more) when you could do the same thing at a retailer?? Better yet, I think some sites offer free shipping depending on dollar amount....the item will eventually come around again so definitely don't get caught up in a bidding war! Like the OpusX...dunno why people pay $20+ on a single stick when you can get them for less than that with shipping
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #396
jluck
Way out there

HdM

Anyone else having problems with five pack damage? They recently went to packing five packs firmly on greenish cardboard and I have had numerous cigars with bent and broken caps and feet. Anyone else? I emailed them and they said they would make note of it with no offer of replacement.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #397
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
Anyone else having problems with five pack damage? They recently went to packing five packs firmly on greenish cardboard and I have had numerous cigars with bent and broken caps and feet. Anyone else? I emailed them and they said they would make note of it with no offer of replacement.
Jared, they have came this way from cigar sprint too. No damage though..........
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #398
nick2021
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (17)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
nick2021 is on a distinguished road

snagged two herf-a-dors for $25 ea...pretty happy with these!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #399
jluck
Way out there

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2021 View Post
snagged two herf-a-dors for $25 ea...pretty happy with these!
Those must be the 40 count?, that's on my list too.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #400
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
I have not.. I think since I have been ordering from them, I have had two shipments with damage.

Just got my Diesel's is yesterday, Looked perfect!