Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2019, 07:30 AM   #3241
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Hello. I haven't looked this up, so will ask: When (Eastern Daylight Savings time) are those games being played on Saturday/Sunday?
Old 06-28-2019, 03:50 AM   #3242
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had another great time at Schlesinger's last night, the usual suspects were there and we all enjoyed primo ceegars. The NASCAR drivers are in Chicago, IL this weekend and as stated yesterday, the Yankees will be in London, England taking on the Red Sox. That's a good question about the game times. I do know that they'll play both day but not sure when. Enjoy everyone and smoke a favorite or two or........
Old 07-01-2019, 02:17 AM   #3243
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0315 (yes, I said 3:15 am) and it's back to work Monday. We have to be at West Point by 0530 as 1200 new Cadets report this morning to start their 4 year experience here at the Academy. Congrats to the Yankees as they swept the Red Sox in England and a big congrats to Alex Bowman for taking his first ever checkered flag in a NASCAR Monster Series race:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...speedway-2019/

Enjoy your week all and smoke a favorite or two throughout it........
Old 07-02-2019, 03:55 AM   #3244
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's looking like we'll have another beautiful day here in the Hudson Valley. Well, the final number of new Cadets that arrived here at West Point yesterday was 1207 of which 4 have been been released for various reasons and another 4 have been sent to the Prep School (which is on West Point property) for a year because of academics. That was as of 1500 (3 pm) yesterday, I'm sure a couple of more will resign before the week is up. Anyway, sports wise the Yankees take on the Mets this evening at Citi Field which should be a good subway series as always. Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there........
Old 07-03-2019, 03:57 AM   #3245
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's already "Hump Day". Well, the Mets out pitched the Yankees last night and won 4 - 2, lets go fellas and do this tonight. I got to stop at the Newburgh Brewery after work today and pick up a new keg as the last one popped the other day. Might as well have a cold one while I'm there and see whose enjoying as well. Have a great day all and smoke a favorite if you get the chance.......
Old 07-04-2019, 05:23 AM   #3246
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Looks like Stogieman is sleeping in this morning. Should I get out the ol' bugle and play Reveille?
Old 07-04-2019, 08:32 AM   #3247
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Happy Independence Day all. The coffee was on early this morning as I was at the Cornwall Fire House at 0700 for the 4th of July breakfast and then over to help the Cornwall 4th of July Committee set up for today festivities. Heading back over that way later on this afternoon to assist with the parade line up and then to a brother-in-laws for a BBQ and a couple of cold ones. Fireworks this evening over Rings Pond and then back to work in the morning. Congrats to the Yankees for winning last night and hopefully they do it again this evening against Tampa Bay. Enjoy everyone and be safe out there.......
Old 07-05-2019, 04:00 AM   #3248
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We all had a great day yesterday celebrating this great nation of ours birthday. It was definitely a hot one but we all survived. Congrats to the Yankees for winning last night as Gary Sanchez hit a 3 run homer in the 10th, keep it up fellas and do it again tonight. The NASCAR drivers are down in Daytona this weekend with racing tonight and tomorrow night as well. Enjoy all and hope you get to relax a bit as well........
Old 07-08-2019, 03:54 AM   #3249
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's back to work Monday. Another great weekend in the books, spent Saturday with a number of cigar buddies at a friend's house celebrating his son's 30th birthday. Yesterday, Beth and I found a new brewery to us down in New City, NY (District 96 Beer Factory) which was very good. Then we took in a Rockland Boulders Baseball game and ended the evening in town listening to some classic rock down at Rings Pond. The Yankees split their 4 game series with Tampa and a rookie (Justin Haley) took the checkered flag in yesterday's rain shortened NASCAR race that postponed from the night before because of rain. Anyway, enjoy your week everyone and remember, we are less than 4 weeks away from this year's Quad State Herf.......
Old 07-09-2019, 03:44 AM   #3250
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's looking like we'll have a warm one today according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...6#.XSRgH6l7mi4

I see that the Mets rookie Pete Alonso won the Home Run Derby last night, congrats to the young man and I hope tonight's All-Star game is a good one. Enjoy all and remember to be safe out there......
Old 07-10-2019, 03:56 AM   #3251
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the American League for winning last night 4 - 3 in the MLB All-Star game. Tonight, a few of us are going to the Hudson Valley Renegades baseball game versus the Staten Island Yankees. Always fun watching a minor league game to see possible stars in the MLB. Enjoy everyone.......
Old 07-11-2019, 03:55 AM   #3252
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on for a while now and it's Thursday which means that we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. We didn't go to the Renegades game last night as it was too hot out and all, there's always another game. Enjoy all and hope the folks in Louisiana are okay that are in the path of the storm........
Old 07-12-2019, 04:01 AM   #3253
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had another good night at Schlesinger's filled with top notch cigars and good times. Weather wise, it's looking like we'll have a beautiful stretch of sunny days with temps in the mid 80s, As far as sports goes, the Yankees are back in town taking on the Blue Jays this weekend and the NASCAR drivers are down in Sparta, KY racing tonight and tomorrow evening as well. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and enjoys........
Old 07-15-2019, 03:57 AM   #3254
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's back to work Monday. We had another fantastic weekend, the weather was great and I enjoyed a number of tasty cigars. Congrats to the Yankees for taking 2 out of 3 games from the Blue Jays and congrats to Kurt Busch for taking the checkered flag in Saturday night's NASCAR race. Beth and I stopped out at Lake Frederick yesterday to do a pre-check in preparation of this year's Quad State Herf. All is looking good and we are less than 3 weeks out. I hope you all have a great week and get to enjoy a favorite or two throughout it........
Old 07-16-2019, 03:52 AM   #3255
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0400 as I could sleep, so I got a lot done online this morning. I see that the Yankees came up short last night losing 5 - 4, lets bounce back fellas and do this tonight. Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 07-17-2019, 03:37 AM   #3256
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day". It's good to see the Yankees bounce back and win last night, lets keep it up guys and do it again tonight as long as Mother Nature agrees. Have a great day all and enjoy........
Old 07-18-2019, 03:53 AM   #3257
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. The Yankees game got postponed until 1500 (3pm) today as a result of rain last night. They're currently scheduled to have a doubleheader today but not sure that'll happen either as the rain is still lingering in our area. Anyway, enjoy everyone and I hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL this evening......
Old 07-19-2019, 04:06 AM   #3258
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0400 as I couldn't sleep and have to be at the office soon. We had a great night at Schlesinger's, the usual crowd was there plus a number of ole' faces as well. Congrats to the Yankees as they won both games yesterday against Tampa Bay in the doubleheader. They'll be taking on the Rockies here in the Bronx this weekend and the NASCAR drivers will be in the great state of New Hampshire this weekend as well. 2 weeks from today will be the start of the 2019 Wings for Warriors - Quad State Herf 14 weekend, start getting your stuff together early. If you have cigars that are just laying around your humidor not being smoked, Cigars for Warriors will be at the event collecting stogies for our troops in harms way. Enjoy all and try and stay cool this hot July weekend........
Old 07-22-2019, 03:46 AM   #3259
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday after a very hot weekend. I think the heat wave is over for now, the Hudson Valley has rained predicted for the next day and a half according to NOAA. The Yankees took 2 out of 3 from the Rockies this past weekend and a big congrats to Kevin Harvick for getting his first win this year in yesterday's NASCAR race. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys.......
Old 07-23-2019, 03:57 AM   #3260
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's looking like the heat wave definitely broke. We had rain all night which was much needed and it dropped the temps to the mid 60s and today's high will be in the lower 70s. I see that the Yankees lost to the Twins last night in Minnesota 8 - 6, lets turn things around fellas and put up a "W" tonight. Anyway, enjoy all and be safe out there........