Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-11-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
DEZn00ts
What? I didn't catch that

First Name: Xavier
Trading: (0)
DEZn00ts is on a distinguished road
Default Flavored VS non flavored.

I just had my first cigar with no flavor... I don't see the allure... Maybe because it was really cheap. What's the difference? Is a flavor tipped cigar considered flavored? I want to like it but it's weird. Is it "bad" to only like flavored cigars? I need some suggestions on cigars because I don't know much at all but know I like flavor and I don't mean just the natural tabacco lol. Thanks in advanced.
DEZn00ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:33 PM   #2
DEZn00ts

Default Re: Flavored VS non flavored.

I'm at the third now... I can kind of see why people do like them. I think I prefer flavored cigars though. Any suggestion on flavored cigars? Any suggestion for cigars that AREN'T flavored that flavored cigar smokers would like?
Old 05-11-2018, 06:34 PM   #3
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

What non flavored are you smoking now?
Old 05-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #4
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
What non flavored are you smoking now?
Man... I don't even want to say because of how cheap they were... Pure Meyhem by East Coast Rollers...
Old 05-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #5
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZn00ts View Post
Man... I don't even want to say because of how cheap they were... Pure Meyhem by East Coast Rollers...
Well, that maybe the problem. Look at the cheap smoke thread here, lots of decent smokes for decent prices, that might help get you into the non favored. Around here people say “smoke what you like” but most of us are the non flavored type. But there are so many good smokes out there that will make you forget all about flavored. Keep at it.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #6
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Well, that maybe the problem. Look at the cheap smoke thread here, lots of decent smokes for decent prices, that might help get you into the non favored. Around here people say “smoke what you like” but most of us are the non flavored type. But there are so many good smokes out there that will make you forget all about flavored. Keep at it.
I figured. I got another pack of non flavored cigars coming through, lets see what happens. I actually kind of liked the cigar halfway through. Nice earthy, mellow flavor.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:02 PM   #7
DEZn00ts

I can't seem to find the cheap smoke thread... i'm pretty useless when it comes to searching forums.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #8
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

First Name: Neil
Trading: (26)
Partagas
nutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nice

Mostly flavouring is added to give something to less than stellar tobacco. In the end (with few exceptions) they won’t keep your interest for too long. Find a good cigar lounge and hang out with some smokers. We’ll hook you up!
Old 05-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #9
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Mostly flavouring is added to give something to less than stellar tobacco. In the end (with few exceptions) they won’t keep your interest for too long. Find a good cigar lounge and hang out with some smokers. We’ll hook you up!
Good ****, good ****. I was thinking about that too. Need to find a nice place to be able to get away and chill.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I can't seem to find the cheap smoke thread... i'm pretty useless when it comes to searching forums.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ighlight=cheap

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #11
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Also depends on what type/brand of flavored cigars you are smoking. Some of them are over the top flavoring. Some are more subtle. If you are used to the syrupy flavors, then yeah, it might take some time to transition. Assuming you even want to, it's your cigar after all.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #12
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Also depends on what type/brand of flavored cigars you are smoking. Some of them are over the top flavoring. Some are more subtle. If you are used to the syrupy flavors, then yeah, it might take some time to transition. Assuming you even want to, it's your cigar after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Thanks brothers... I live in the hood and ended up walking into a situation where some kids need some help... I seen a few kids walking home with their mother who was drunk tonight, horribly drunk and walked them home. went into there house and it was a disaster... My life has been changed for the better. I have some mentoring to do... Life is crazy maaaaaan!
Old 05-11-2018, 10:25 PM   #13
DEZn00ts

Quote:
o me, flavor is flavor. It seems to me that I need more artificial (if you would call it that) flavor then regular cigars but lets see what happens after I get these Juan Y Ramons.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:29 PM   #14
hwgoesit
Luvin Life

First Name: gerard
HUpmann
hwgoesit is on a distinguished road

I like tobacco flavor.
Preferably Cuban tobacco flavored
hwgoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #15
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwgoesit View Post
I like tobacco flavor.
Preferably Cuban tobacco flavored
I'm pretty sure I would like Cuban flavor too. lmfao!
Old 05-11-2018, 11:26 PM   #16
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

A lot of people start out smoking "flavored" sticks as "gateway" cigars. Once you develop a palate for "regular" sticks...you'll be hooked.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:27 AM   #17
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
o me, flavor is flavor. It seems to me that I need more artificial (if you would call it that) flavor then regular cigars but lets see what happens after I get these Juan Y Ramons.
Some flavored / infused cigars do use artificial flavors, some do not, I would only call those artificial when they are flavored with such.

I don't know the Juan y Ramon line, but in looking it up, it is listed as a mild cigar. If you are searching for a more intense cigar without added flavors, I would recommend looking for stronger cigars, those described as "medium-full" to "full".

For a starting point that might help with suggestions, stating what cigars are you currently enjoying and what their flavor profiles are like might be of assistance.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:19 AM   #18
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

An inexpensive stick I've been enjoying lately is Baccarat, The Game. You can find fivers at Famous for around $20 or less. They have lightly sweetened caps but the tobacco is non-flavored and I think they're tasty. Also, you can't go too far wrong with Arturo Fuente.

Also, welcome aboard!
Old 05-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #19
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Some flavored / infused cigars do use artificial flavors, some do not, I would only call those artificial when they are flavored with such.

I don't know the Juan y Ramon line, but in looking it up, it is listed as a mild cigar. If you are searching for a more intense cigar without added flavors, I would recommend looking for stronger cigars, those described as "medium-full" to "full".

For a starting point that might help with suggestions, stating what cigars are you currently enjoying and what their flavor profiles are like might be of assistance.
Well I started with what a LOT of people started with. ACID cigars. I had my wife buy me some C Note cigarellos from them and they were great, stepped up to the Blondies and the Blondie Moduro... I had an amazing time smoking the regular Blondie and I like the Maduro a lot as well too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
An inexpensive stick I've been enjoying lately is Baccarat, The Game. You can find fivers at Famous for around $20 or less. They have lightly sweetened caps but the tobacco is non-flavored and I think they're tasty. Also, you can't go too far wrong with Arturo Fuente.

Also, welcome aboard!
I appreciate the welcoming. I'm already going to put them into my wish list. I suspect that it's ok if the tobacco isn't sweetened it's alright as I do like the notes that some tobacco brings, as long as it isn't garbage lol.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #20
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post

Also, welcome aboard!
Do you prefer Maduro or regular? For the Baccarats. They look great and have great reviews. Also, are all Arturo Fuentes sweet tipped?

Last edited by DEZn00ts; 05-12-2018 at 09:22 AM.