Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road
Default Padron 1964 SI-15 Maduro

This special edition 6×60 cigar is produced by Padron for and sold exclusive through SmokeInn.com to commemorate Smoke Inn’s 15th anniversary. Personally I can’t think of a better way to do it! These are a very limited edition run and I don’ mean in the way 99% of other ‘limited editions’ are. These really do have a very small production and from the time this video originally airs to it’s shipping date of April 18th, if you haven’t already pre-ordered through Smoke Inn you are likely to miss it. Smoke Inn is doing 4 of these partnered releases this year, the first of which was the Tatuaje Anarchy which in comparison had 4x as many made (and was a FANTASTIC cigar, watch my review of it). These are in appearance the same as any of the 1964 Anniversary cigars with perfect construction. Minimal veins, invisible seams, a dark brown satin wrapper with a bit of tooth, even firm construction and a very slight box press. The aroma is an oily rich tobacco and chocolate with a bit of pepper. First light reveals a medium-full body of rich oily chewy smoke with flavors of very smooth aged tobacco, a little bit of cocoa and a good pepper zing that holds on to the long finish. The first third develops to much the same flavors but yields body down to a solid medium with about the same strength. It’s still very smooth and is dominated by the solid black pepper zing that caries through the finish. The burn isn’t razor sharp, but I’m not shocked because #1, I’ve only had it less than a week after shipping (but wanted to get the reviews out before it’s too late) and it’s a 60rg which are often hard to construct and blend for a perfectly even burn as most Padrons have had. The draw however is typical Padron, perfect with just the right touch of resistance for easy puffing and it’s putting out a huge amount of smooth smoke. 35 minutes in, still in the 1st third, flavors open up to a creamy, oily chocolate, coffee cocoa and earth, while the pepper dies down especially on the finish. 1 hour in at the 1/2 way point, strength is up to medium-full while body remains fairly tame for a Padron at medium. The blend is pretty much the same as the 1st third at this point, althought he creamy chocolate has faded replaced by just a general earthiness. The last third brings a big creamy coffee flavor and the earthiness subsides. The finish is lighter although still long, and the strngth is really building up at this point, well surpassing the body. Ending just over 2 hours where it began to get too hot for me, it proved to be a combination of the typical construction and blend of the 1964 series with the lesser body of the lower lines like the 4000. Video on the site
Old 04-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Padron 1964 SI-15 Maduro

Thanks for the review.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

6x60 ....god why couldn't they have picked a better size! Lanceros would have been
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
6x60 ....god why couldn't they have picked a better size! Lanceros would have been
Bigger is better?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Only in America.........

Just not a fan of those jawbreakers. I guarantee they would have sold more cigars if they were any size but 60x6.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:37 AM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Bryan...my sentiments exactly conerning the size of this one. I, for one, will not be trying this stick. Yes, I said it...will not be chasing down this maduro.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #7
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Nice review! I love Padron, but I won't be seeking these out.

Quote:
A Padron '64 Lancero would be awesome!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #8
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice

I love the maduro's also, thanks to Mac, but a 60 ring gauge is just too much!

Thanks for the review.
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
thecatch83

I doubt these will sell out because of the size!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

HUpmann

They only made about 7300 of them - regardless of size, they will sell out fairly quickly.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #11
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

What is the deal with the ginormous cigars lately...it almost seemed like lanceros were becoming popular then....oh yeah...Nubs came out.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:33 AM   #12
thecatch83

According to smoke inn, they arent even close to filling their reserved shipments, and still have cases and cases of the Tat Anarchy that was also a smoke inn only stick!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:38 AM   #13
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
According to smoke inn, they arent even close to filling their reserved shipments, and still have cases and cases of the Tat Anarchy that was also a smoke inn only stick!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #14
Bad Finger

Quote:
So there could be more for those of us who like them?

They already make sticks that are way to small for what they charge.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #15
BlindedByScience
Proud USMC Dad

First Name: Tom
Trading: (0)
BlindedByScience will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I have two boxes of Tat Anarchy's in my cabinet and if I had room, I'd have a third. Those cigars are really special.....

Now, don't get me wrong, as I'm a big Padron fan (had a 45th just last night). But I have to tell you...don't know if I'm going to jump on those jawbreakers or not.....
BlindedByScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #16
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

HUpmann

Quote:
Well duh lol! People have only heard about them for what - three days?? Wait a couple weeks until they actually go on sale and see how fast they deplete.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #17
SmokeInn

Quote:
Sorry to jump in here Gents, but I am only doing so because someone decided to quote me incorrectly.

First off let me say we do NOT have cases and cases of Anarchy left. We have less than 200 boxes from a 1500 box run. In less than 4 months, we are pretty amazed by this ourselves as we hoped these would last 8-10 months.

As far as the Padron SI-15, I hear you. There seems to be 2 distinct factions out in the market today, one who adores large ring gauges and the other who adores lancero formats. Unfortunately in our stores, the lancero format seems to sit on the shelves while the large ring gauges seem to move very well.

This Padron run is a very limited run of less than 500 boxes total. 15% of our total supply has sold during the first three days we began pre-selling them. In the end we know there will be a segment of cigar smokers that will be thrilled by these and enjoy the heck out of them. As a retailer, at the end of the day, that is all I can hope for.

Don't think your comments have fallen on deaf ears. I will definitely keep the lancero format in mind in the future as we continue with new and exciting projects.

Thank you,

Abe "MING" Dababneh
Smoke Inn
Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #18
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

HUpmann

Thanks for the confirmation Abe

And thank you again for including me on your list! Hopefully I've turned some new customers on to you!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #19
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Will they be available in the 2 pack as pictured?
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #20
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

HUpmann

I believe the 2 packs were only for a special event and were shipped out as samples.