Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 10-23-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
Dgar

Default Found my old stash of tobacco

I was looking around this morning and found all the tobacco I had left over from my last attempt at the pipe. All of it is about two years old now, I have six unopened sealed pouches from a sampler. There were also three or four small mason jars I had packed full and sealed.

I had everything sealed and stored inside big jars with bell type lids then everything went into one big tupperware, so it seems none of it has dried out at all, feels just like the stuff I get at the B/M.... I'll see soon when I start smoking it. What do you guys think, 2 years of age, make a difference in pipe tobacco, I know it varies with cigars.

another Question, I found a pouch of Blue Note which I understand is an aromatic, which my neewbie pallete is leaning towrads right now, Is blue note made by different manufactures, the label on the pouch I have looks completly different from the label on the bulk I've seen in the local B/M.

All these new found tobaccos to try...... I think a trip to the drug store for a couple new Missouri Meers may be in order today.... I'm off work if this rain would just stop, I'm going to have a one man herf.

Oh yeah... one of the pouches I found is called English mixture, and it smells just like the bulk I picked up on reccomendation from the B/M its called Shirlocks choice, I assume another English blend. These two tobaccos smell like shoe polish, thats the closest I can come to decribing them. I know if I went by smell alone there would be a lot of my favorite cigars I'd never touch, but getting past that shoe polish smell is tough. I had one bowl of the Shirlock's choice and granted it did taste better than it smelled ( It had a smokey flavor, that I'm not sure I'm crazy about), maybe I'm just to new at the pipe to appreciate it, so I'll stick to the aromatics I seem to be enjoying for now.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Found my old stash of tobacco

a stash of two year old tobacco sounds pretty awesome!

hopefully the rain lets up for you. I'm not help on the bluenote question, but let us know how everthing smokes
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #3
Pipe&Cigar

As far as I know Blue Note has only been made by Dan Tobacco... it is one of my favorite Aromatics (Very Aromatic IMO) Never had the shoe polish smell? Enjoy the new find!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #4
TOB9595
Managing the UnManageable

First Name: Tom
Trading: (12)
TOB9595 is on a distinguished road

What a wonderful find!
You are justified in feeling on top o the world, now

No BLUE NOTE experience to share, tho.
Tom
TOB9595 is offline   Reply With Quote