Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
Visitor Q

Default Where did my post go?

So what, no posting items for sale?

Old 01-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where did my post go?

that is correct. You must wait, as all of us have, to be allowed into the WTS and WTB section.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Try introducing yourself for a start.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
Visitor Q

Ahhhh... I must have missed that rule. Is it a so many post thing or what?

Old 01-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

yes post count and time. walk on over to http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7 and introduce yourself. Lots of good info about the site aswell.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Given time & participation in the community will eventually open up other rooms to you.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
Old 01-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
Visitor Q

Well let's see, I smoked cigars for about 10 years and I am looking to sell something. Not much into smoking cigars these days, it was really a hard habit to pass on as I really do enjoy them. I just figured I am better off with out them at this point in my life. Have nothing against them, I mean I hate to say all this when talking to a bunch of people who love cigars.

Last edited by poker; 01-31-2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: removed item description

Old 01-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
Visitor Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanmc View Post
yes post count and time. walk on over to http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7 and introduce yourself. Lots of good info about the site aswell.
I'll check it out.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
Well let's see, I smoked cigars for about 10 years and I am looking to sell my large end table humidor that Bob Staebell made. Not much into smoking cigars these days, it was really a hard habit to pass on as I really do enjoy them. I just figured I am better off with out them at this point in my life. Have nothing against them, I mean I hate to say all this when talking to a bunch of people who love cigars.
There's nothing wrong with that at all. I'm sure no one will dump on you for it.
I'm sure you'd enjoy your stay if only for sharing your knowledge, and the friendship.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #10
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Is this something new you are feeling or has this been a decision you have been following for some time now? Reason I ask is because I think most cigar smokers hit a stage where we just don't feel it and take some time off. For me I hit this stage maybe once a year. I take a month or two off and than I am back in the saddle. It has been some time since I have been in this funk because my smoking has been limited the last year or so but I think it is safe to assume that it happens to most of us. I saw your previous post and it was a nice piece. Would just hate to see you unload it only to find out a couple months later your back in the groove and purchasing and smoking cigars again.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

I understand. Sorry to hear about you letting the hobby go.
Try to understand though why we have the wait time in place. We have had folks on numerous occasions join us not for any other reason but to unload something that folks may, or may not, ever receive. They have also joined for no reason other than to advertise their ebay listing trying to get more bids. Having a wait time/participation level requirement minimizes this from happening.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
Old 01-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #12
Visitor Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Is this something new you are feeling or has this been a decision you have been following for some time now? Reason I ask is because I think most cigar smokers hit a stage where we just don't feel it and take some time off. For me I hit this stage maybe once a year. I take a month or two off and than I am back in the saddle. It has been some time since I have been in this funk because my smoking has been limited the last year or so but I think it is safe to assume that it happens to most of us. I saw your previous post and it was a nice piece. Would just hate to see you unload it only to find out a couple months later your back in the groove and purchasing and smoking cigars again.
It would be a lie to say I don’t enjoy smoking a good cigar and as you saw by the humidor I have, it was serious business. ; ) The reason I bought such a large humidor is because I got sick of trying to regulate those small desktop humidors, PITA.

I guess I have too many expensive hobbies and with cigars not getting any cheaper, this was the first to go. Maybe I will enjoy one on occasion, I just no longer feel the need to keep a 30 box stock. : )

Old 01-31-2011, 11:05 AM   #13
Visitor Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
I understand. Sorry to hear about you letting the hobby go.
Try to understand though why we have the wait time in place. We have had folks on numerous occasions join us not for any other reason but to unload something that folks may, or may not, ever receive. They have also joined for no reason other than to advertise their ebay listing trying to get more bids. Having a wait time/participation level requirement minimizes this from happening.
I can respect that. What is the post count, like 50 or 100?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
I can respect that. What is the post count, like 50 or 100?
It's an ambiguous formula of time, posts, and participation. It's pretty ingenious, and it's a well kept secret. Everyone has gone through it, and I don't think anyone give you an answer. One day it just magically happens.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #15
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Keeps the cowboys from acting crazy before their time.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #16
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
It's an ambiguous formula of time, posts, and participation. It's pretty ingenious, and it's a well kept secret. Everyone has gone through it, and I don't think anyone give you an answer. One day it just magically happens.
Think of it like the formula to Coca-Cola or KFC -- except more closely guarded
Old 01-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #17
Visitor Q

Ummmmm.... Well, alright then.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #18
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

It is what it is.
And for good reason.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-31-2011, 08:54 PM   #19
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I don't even know if its a specific anything. I think it might be these crazy admins watching us and deciding when we are trust worthy...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #20
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Closed Thread