Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
mariogolbee

Default Los Blancos Cigars Sumatra Robusto Review

I was recently chosen to review a few cigars for Los Blancos. This is the first of these reviews. Thank you to Los Blancos Cigars for the samples and to SterlingCigarMan for hooking this up.

Wrapper: Indosnesian Sumatra
Filler: Nicaraguan and Honduran
Mild to Medium bodied

Tasting Notes...

Appearance:
Toothy, oily wrapper with many thin veins. No soft spots, solid construction, nice double cap.

Prelight:
Just wood and clean tobacco on the cold draw.

Burn:
Pretty clean but not sharp. No issues.

1st third:
Starts off sour. Not bitter, but sour. After ¼” wood starts coming through with the bitterness leaving. A pleasant cross between cedar and oak. A hint of sweetness. Slight resistance in draw but not too tight. I’m getting plenty of smoke.

2nd Third:
Mellowed out more. Cool, sweet, mildly earthy smoke with a touch of leather.

Final Third:
Mellowed out further. Mild, sweet tobacco with an ever so slight spice and twang. I like how this is ending. It is a great morning smoke! It is now leaving a cool feeling in my mouth from the nicotine build up. Very pleasant.
Left a hint of tobacco taste in my mouth for the majority of the stick. Not enough to make me spit though.

I put this to rest after 70 minutes of smoking time with an inch to go. I would have been happy to nub this cigar but it ran over the 60 minute mark I was expecting and I had to be on my way. I consider this to be an excellent morning smoke.

I don't know how I would "rate" this cigar. I would definitely smoke one again though. Depending on price point a box would also be of consideration.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Los Blancos Cigars Sumatra Robusto Review

Thanks for the review, Bro!!!

I enjoy these! The price isn't bad on these!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I've liked all the Los Blancos stuff I tried so far. It's diffferent. If you've not tried them, give them a shot.
While nothing grabbed me to the point where Los Blancos ended up in my rotation, there's gonna be a lot of brothers who really enjoy their distinct profile.
Mac, their maduro ain't bad, either.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
Pat1075
Feeling at Home

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (11)
HUpmann
Pat1075 is on a distinguished road

While I appreciated that they drew well and that they were made well I tried all of their line when we carried it. I also tried their value based primos line. My verdict. Primos good. Los blancos needed some work to put it nicely.
Pat1075 is offline   Reply With Quote